over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

anyone ever dieted like this?

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
This was something I was told to do on another forum when I hit a sticking point years ago, and ive repeated it with success. it goes against calories in vs calories out, because you don't always count the calories. looking back at logs, I was actually able to drop some fat and inches on my waist when switching to this from a diet that was averaging less calories per day

so basically, raised calories (on average per day) but lost more weight

2 weeks
1800 calories per day for 2 days, followed by a cheat day (eat as much as you want)
2 weeks
1000 calories per day for 2 days, followed by a cheat day (as much as you want)
2 weeks
700 calories per day for 2 days, followed by a cheat day (as much as you want)
2 weeks
500 calories per day for 2 days, followed by a cheat day (as much as you want)

Looking back at my log, I was dieting on 3k calories, and stalled and didn't want to go lower because my appetite I love to eat. I switched to this and I was hitting 5-7k calories on my cheat days, so overall I was eating more but fat loss resumed

This worked to a point, I then got a little too crazy on the cheat days at the end where I was doing 500 day 1, 500 day 2, then like 8k day 3 and obviously fat loss stalled as my diclipine dropped and I took the cheats too far. But for the most part it worked

Does this even make sense? I know lyle McDonald used to talk about refers and hormone manipulation (leptin) but he still had his people count calories on the cheat day. Did I get lucky? I was literally eating clean food all day then topping it off with some junk.

Also to note I was using alot of AAS (2.5 up to 3g including tren), training my ass off, and doing 40 minutes of cardio per week. And it was enjoyable, I didn't mind 2 low days knowing on the third day I could eat good food.

Never heard of that way of dieting but there’s more than one way to get to a goal I suppose...

I was going to start the PSMF if you remember about a week ago but decided to just have a slight calorie deficit since I workout 6 days a week and am adding in some sprints/intense cardio and soon when gyms open back up I’ll add in Kickboxing and BJJ again.. So I’ll let the training take me to where I want to be over time...

I’d rather do it that way because not only do I feel better with the high activity level but also because I love food lmao I just had to control myself a bit there, with this lock down I was going crazy eating whatever I wanted and getting lazy as fuck...

It works if you don't go absolutely insane on your free days and you're ACTUALLY depleted. Sort of a less structured version of BodyOpus/Ultimate Diet. Do you make any effort to make them very high carb and low fat, or do you not worry about macros on those days?

Last time, I got crazy over time because it was working so I pushed the junk, I'll be honest, sometimes my cheat day was up to almost 200g fat, and I stalled lol. If I do it again I'll make the cheat days carb focused try and limit fat to 50 or so.

Yea, I would sometimes visit a Chinese buffet (more than once a day) that had cheesecake in the dessert line, then come home and pound ice cream, donuts, more cheesecake, pizza, you name it. Some days 20k+ calories, I'm sure.

Now my high carb days are a little more tame. Earlier in the day, I'll go ahead and get whatever I've really been craving, then towards the end of the day, taper off with lower fat carbs. I've found I do pretty well with about 1000-1200g over a 24 hour period keeping fat in mind but not stressing about it.

It's interesting, though, I've been eating loads of junk lately and it just seems to fill me out more. I wake up tight. I'd probably stop eating it if I stopped getting leaner lol. This is going to be hard to stop. I don't really recommend this style of dieting if you have no food control.

Sounds kinda nutty

Whatever happened to PSMF and dnp?

I've seen a number of guys here mention that strategy. I've tried it and it's insanely effective

It works if you don't go absolutely insane on your free days and you're ACTUALLY depleted. Sort of a less structured version of BodyOpus/Ultimate Diet. Do you make any effort to make them very high carb and low fat, or do you not worry about macros on those days?

Curious, what about specifically depleting would help with fat loss or muscle retention? I guess when we say depleted, we mean no glycogen in the liver, muscles, or both?

My female cousin dropped about 40lbs mostly fat doing a crazy diet like this after her pregnancy with no exercise. However she would fast all week, zero calories and then on the weekends pig out. She was all natural. She obviously manipulated leptin just right for her to have the results she did.

My female cousin dropped about 40lbs mostly fat doing a crazy diet like this after her pregnancy with no exercise. However she would fast all week, zero calories and then on the weekends pig out. She was all natural. She obviously manipulated leptin just right for her to have the results she did.

Zero calories for 5 days? That’s nuts

Zero calories for 5 days? That’s nuts

I've gone a solid seven. Once you get past the first couple days of ACTUAL fasting, you really aren't that hungry anymore. Eventually, you just stop thinking about food. Ironically, eating very low calories is actually more challenging for a lot of people than outright fasting.

I've gone a solid seven. Once you get past the first couple days of ACTUAL fasting, you really aren't that hungry anymore. Eventually, you just stop thinking about food. Ironically, eating very low calories is actually more challenging for a lot of people than outright fasting.
When you did the 7 day fast, it was a wet fast? Ive done 3 day where you still drink water and for 3 meals a day you drink beef or chicken broth for the electrolytes and some flavor. No cals in that.

Going to guess you still took vitamins and supplements that had no calories. What did you do for electrolytes like Na and K?

This is kind of how I've always dieted. I'd walk 10-20k steps a day, half an hour of cardio (light,4.7kph on 6% incline)and lift 6 days a week,eat 1800-2000 cals a day and on the 7th day I would go balls out and eat anywhere between 5-6k calories. Would constantly still drop 1.5lbs a week and thats only when things started to slow down. It's not magic; still all about cals in vs out.

When you did the 7 day fast, it was a wet fast? Ive done 3 day where you still drink water and for 3 meals a day you drink beef or chicken broth for the electrolytes and some flavor. No cals in that.

Going to guess you still took vitamins and supplements that had no calories. What did you do for electrolytes like Na and K?

Yep, still drank water with electrolytes all day. I am a cheap ass and used Himalayan pink salt, NoSalt (potassium) and Epsom salts (magnesium) and just carried them around and threw some into what I was drinking.

I've done a diet where I'd eat 2000 calories per day 6 days per week then eat whatever I wanted on Sundays. I was cut but I lost a bit more muscle mass than I wanted and I was softer than I wanted to be. I just wasn't getting the protein that I needed throughout the week and the cheat day was full of donuts and pizza lol so the nutrition just wasn't right. The cheat days were fun though and it was an experiment that I always wanted to try. Now when I cut I just go 2500 calories per day and keep carbs at around 130g per day and I get the look that I want.

I've done a diet where I'd eat 2000 calories per day 6 days per week then eat whatever I wanted on Sundays. I was cut but I lost a bit more muscle mass than I wanted and I was softer than I wanted to be. I just wasn't getting the protein that I needed throughout the week and the cheat day was full of donuts and pizza lol so the nutrition just wasn't right. The cheat days were fun though and it was an experiment that I always wanted to try. Now when I cut I just go 2500 calories per day and keep carbs at around 130g per day and I get the look that I want.
What is your typical rate of weight loss?

When life gets hectic an easy way for me to drop fat is training EOD DC 2 way split. 2900-3000 calories on lift days, low fat.

On off days I fast in the morning, try to get in 10,000 steps, and stay around 1,200 calories from chicken/fish oil/veggies.

What is your typical rate of weight loss?
I stay at around 8% body fat year around these days so I usually only lose around 5 pounds at the most but I look lean and solid. It's tough to go low carb these days though because I train bjj too and that eats up a ton of my glycogen..

Most people that enjoy this type of dieting have eating disorders. Just finding some type of excuse/justification to eat like shit and gorge yourself full of crappy food.
If you don’t have an eating disorder yet this is a great way to develop one.

This was something I was told to do on another forum when I hit a sticking point years ago, and ive repeated it with success. it goes against calories in vs calories out, because you don't always count the calories. looking back at logs, I was actually able to drop some fat and inches on my waist when switching to this from a diet that was averaging less calories per day

so basically, raised calories (on average per day) but lost more weight

2 weeks
1800 calories per day for 2 days, followed by a cheat day (eat as much as you want)
2 weeks
1000 calories per day for 2 days, followed by a cheat day (as much as you want)
2 weeks
700 calories per day for 2 days, followed by a cheat day (as much as you want)
2 weeks
500 calories per day for 2 days, followed by a cheat day (as much as you want)

Looking back at my log, I was dieting on 3k calories, and stalled and didn't want to go lower because my appetite I love to eat. I switched to this and I was hitting 5-7k calories on my cheat days, so overall I was eating more but fat loss resumed

This worked to a point, I then got a little too crazy on the cheat days at the end where I was doing 500 day 1, 500 day 2, then like 8k day 3 and obviously fat loss stalled as my diclipine dropped and I took the cheats too far. But for the most part it worked

Does this even make sense? I know lyle McDonald used to talk about refers and hormone manipulation (leptin) but he still had his people count calories on the cheat day. Did I get lucky? I was literally eating clean food all day then topping it off with some junk.

Also to note I was using alot of AAS (2.5 up to 3g including tren), training my ass off, and doing 40 minutes of cardio per week. And it was enjoyable, I didn't mind 2 low days knowing on the third day I could eat good food.
This is give or take a diet break/ refeed. Not a horrible idea when planned for a long period of dieting but can be done in a much better fashion. Keep more variety in your diet to begin with, don't make drastic changes and monitor all variables as best as you can. Trying to manipulate leptin etc is not one you want to play with and I doubt you really end up doing what you think

if i remember right Sly Stallones diet for the first Expendables movie was like 5 days of LOW/no carbs then 2 days of junk food/anything he wanted to eat. He got pretty peeled.
-F2S

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members