over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone Ever Hear of the DVD Bupropion

Cito33189

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Wondering if any of you guys have heard of the DVD bupropion. Or know of a place where I can rent it?

Long story short my brother has been battling meth addiction for a long time now. I hate it, it sucks, it really has messed up myself and our family.

Hes tried rehabs, meetings, even jail I dont know what his turn around point is. But hes is trying. He keeps asking me if I can get Bupropion I guess it is a anit-depressant and helps cope with addiction. I am not really sure I did some research on it but not to much.

Any input would be appreciated thank you brothas

It's wellbutrin, you should be able to find it at online pharmacies.
He could also just ask his doctor for it, most would be willing to prescribe it to someone looking for help, it has no abuse potential so there is no issues with getting it legally.

As stated, it's Welbutrin and it's very common when trying to give up smoking and other drugs. It is an antidepressant, but it has more of a stimulant effect which is why it's desired over most antidepressants bc it doesn't make you sluggish. In his case I would definetely get a script through a dr bc Welbutrin can be tricky as it lowers the seizure threshold.

It acts on dopamine and norepinephrine. Any meth addict is going to be dopamine depleted. Wellbutrin (buproprion) will increase the amount of dopamine in the brain.

Per Wikipedia:

Bupropion improves mood by increasing the concentration of dopamine in emotional brain regions. The mechanism may improve the negative mood associated with methamphetamine withdrawal. Though it has demonstrated no effectiveness in the treatment of cocaine dependence, there is weak evidence that it may be useful in methamphetamine dependence

I think the literature also state bupropion shouldnt be taken by addicts? Celexa would probably be a better option and I would investigate in finding a hospital that specializes in detox and addicts. They are out there more that you would think.

Also remember hes an addict, so theres a reason he wants bupropion that you probably dont know of?

Either way he shouldnt be playing doctor and should see a real one. Seizure are no joke and kill.

I'm not trying to tell you how to fix this disease, but I have helped several friends and family overcome meth and various other dope. My personal experience and success rate has come from one single path. First you have to have a few things made really very clear to the addict. They have to hit rock bottom most times, and they have to want to quit first and foremost for themselves, not anyone else or it just will not work. Sounds selfish, but they can't help anyone or anything else if they can't help themselves. Okay first you need to find an inpatient detox rehab facility so he doesn't get as sick and die of seizures or just withdrawal. They will keep him as comfortable as possible. He needs to stay there for 14-30 days. Then all of them have a halfway facility where you can live 6 months to a year and work and have a job, but still come to meetings and classes as much as you can or are willing to participate. Switching drugs from one to another is not the way to become sober. IT DOES NOT WORK! Remember this. IF YOUR FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER ISN'T READY OR DOESN'T WANT IT 100% DO NOT FORCE THEM. THERE IS ONE OF THREE PLACES THEY WILL END UP. DEAD, JAIL, INSTITUTIONALIZED. God Bless Your Brother. I will pray for him.

I'm not trying to tell you how to fix this disease, but I have helped several friends and family overcome meth and various other dope. My personal experience and success rate has come from one single path. First you have to have a few things made really very clear to the addict. They have to hit rock bottom most times, and they have to want to quit first and foremost for themselves, not anyone else or it just will not work. Sounds selfish, but they can't help anyone or anything else if they can't help themselves. Okay first you need to find an inpatient detox rehab facility so he doesn't get as sick and die of seizures or just withdrawal. They will keep him as comfortable as possible. He needs to stay there for 14-30 days. Then all of them have a halfway facility where you can live 6 months to a year and work and have a job, but still come to meetings and classes as much as you can or are willing to participate. Switching drugs from one to another is not the way to become sober. IT DOES NOT WORK! Remember this. IF YOUR FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER ISN'T READY OR DOESN'T WANT IT 100% DO NOT FORCE THEM. THERE IS ONE OF THREE PLACES THEY WILL END UP. DEAD, JAIL, INSTITUTIONALIZED. God Bless Your Brother. I will pray for him.

He's right. I'm in recovery myself and I can't count one single time where somebody said the turning point was when they started taking Buproprion.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member