advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone ever suffer from depression/severe stress??

comedycentral

Registered
i had been suffering from chest pain for about a year. i have seen the doctor on several occasions and had various x rays/ ecg etc and he could find nothing. a second opinion backed up the initial theory that nothing was wrong.

well i had still been suffering from pain but i noticed severe lack of sleep nightly, i have lost about 10lb of mass without any reason why and i had become obsessed with things like health/mortality and iritabilty. i also found that my anger was twitchy and i was moody, it came to a head over the last couple of days when i snapped at my dogs and pinned them down because they were being a pain. i went back to the docs and feels i have stress.

he has recomended counseling/cognitive therapy.

anybody have any advice or previous experience of this. i actually felt better at the docs like a slight weight had been lifted from my shoulders.

To have stress there must be a cause?

how much and what kind of gear do you take?
Are you married and your marriage is stressfull?
Do you have an stressful relationships?
Do you have a stressful job?
Are your finances stressull?

or anything else that you might think of that might be causing you stress.

Have you had any blood work done lately like a hormone panel? That's something to get done so that you can rule out whether your current problems are from hormonal/biological causes or psychological.

marriage suxs most of the time. im 34 years old and just got f'ing shingles on my head and in my eye. Doc says i was lucky it didnt get on the brain and cause and infection there are cause me to go blind. stress will kick your ass. i slept for 5 days straight. lost 13 lbs. he did give me more valium then the walgreens had. all i can say is get your bp checked and blood work. good luck

i had been suffering from chest pain for about a year. i have seen the doctor on several occasions and had various x rays/ ecg etc and he could find nothing. a second opinion backed up the initial theory that nothing was wrong.

Chest pain without any underlying organic problems is often caused by anxiety.

well i had still been suffering from pain but i noticed severe lack of sleep nightly, i have lost about 10lb of mass without any reason why and i had become obsessed with things like health/mortality and iritabilty. i also found that my anger was twitchy and i was moody, it came to a head over the last couple of days when i snapped at my dogs and pinned them down because they were being a pain. i went back to the docs and feels i have stress.

Yes it sounds like you are under a great deal of psychological pressure. There may also be some depression also.

he has recomended counseling/cognitive therapy.

anybody have any advice or previous experience of this. i actually felt better at the docs like a slight weight had been lifted from my shoulders.

Well if talking to your doctor made you feel better it sounds like you would benefit from CBT and/or counselling. I've had CBT for anxiety/depression. It helped a little but others benefit greatly from it. If CBT fails to give you the relief you want you may also need some medication. I think counselling and/or CBT would be a good start though.

Therapy is a good idea,but also look back and see what changes[if any} took place a year ago.Many times people will react to changes in their life differantly.

Man, there is nothing worse than an anxiety attack. You feel like you are going to die. I take lexapro to prevent this.

Man, there is nothing worse than an anxiety attack. You feel like you are going to die. I take lexapro to prevent this.

x2, had horrible stress and anxiety, and for no honest reason... I take lexapro and it has worked wonders :)

I have the sharp chest pains sometimes. Work is stressful, buying my house, married with kids. It all adds up. I haven't slept through the night in almost 2 years. I saw a dr. had all theblood work done and came back fine. Stress is a bitch.

Have you had any blood work done lately like a hormone panel? That's something to get done so that you can rule out whether your current problems are from hormonal/biological causes or psychological.

NOW! That is the truth !
Do it.

x2, had horrible stress and anxiety, and for no honest reason... I take lexapro and it has worked wonders :)

That works well for you guys? My doc gave me zoloft when I mentioned not wanting to be on benzos and that was terrible.

How bad is yalls anxiety, 1 being "I feel anxious" and 10 being, you KNOW you are about to die on a regular basis.

Sorry for the brief hijack but I would love to be able to come off my assortment of xanax and klonapins if there is something that will help. Could be a drug the OP could benefit from as well.

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass