YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone ever used BACLOFEN for Muscle Tightness?

omoplata

Registered
There is a prescription medicine called BACLOFEN, which is one of the very few things that is prescribed for muscle tightness. Normally it is used for "muscle spasms caused by multiple sclerosis or spinal cord conditions".

Has anyone ever tried this or any other prescription drug as a muscle relaxer? After working traps my neck gets so tight that it ends up causing me issues for at least 24 hours -often for like 2 days. I know guys use stuff like magnesium but those do not work well enough. I absolutely need something stronger. Also, I have tried all I could to avoid the muscle tightness by playing around with my technique but I cannot make much further progress on that.
Overall I just have tightness in my large muscle groups and always had that. After squats my lower back is the problem area for example and again I have played around with technique and made some progress. However I need something beyond that.

Yes, I have a script for it and use it the night before my off training days as needed. I usually take either 15mg or 20mg before going to bed on those nights... It's nothing magical but it works better than most muscle relaxers for me. I've had a few back surgeries that didn't go the best so I have been prescribed several different ones over the years and baclofen works a little better for me than most others. An odd thing that baclofen does to me, is that it ramps up my libido the morning after taking it. So ironically it causes stiffness in "that" area. lol

Baclofen is supposedly very similar to phenibut.1:10 with baclofen. In a taper that would be for example 20mg pf balcofen if you had been doing 2 gramd Phenibut.

The issue is you'll get withdrawals if you use it consistently. Flexiril would probably work better. I have a script for baclofen for my back issues. I sometimes use it instead of gabapentin at night to help me sleep. For me flexiril worked better for relaxing the muscles.

Baclofen is supposedly very similar to phenibut.1:10 with baclofen. In a taper that would be for example 20mg pf balcofen if you had been doing 2 gramd Phenibut.
This this should be used very very sparingly as it does have withdrawal issues yes it does work on gaba b receptors. Xanax and many traditional anti-anxiety gaba works on gaba a which can cause more forgetfulness baclfgen and phenibut supposedly doesn't cause that and supposedly is more mind alertness with some dopamine release.

The issue is you'll get withdrawals if you use it consistently. Flexiril would probably work better. I have a script for baclofen for my back issues. I sometimes use it instead of gabapentin at night to help me sleep. For me flexiril worked better for relaxing the muscles.
Yep
Right after I started this thread I did more research and came across flexiril....
Any stacks that can be used so that we can reduce the amount of medicine needed? I am thinking Flexiril plus magnesium...

I have used Flexeril in the past and in the morning when waking up and moving in bed each position is more relaxing then the next and I feel like I got a great nights sleep. I respond to tiny amount while I have met plenty of tiny women who can take tons of it. To me 5mg is plenty and I'm over 200lbs but some people feel they need like 20mg. I would start low when first trying it.

There is a prescription medicine called BACLOFEN, which is one of the very few things that is prescribed for muscle tightness. Normally it is used for "muscle spasms caused by multiple sclerosis or spinal cord conditions".

Has anyone ever tried this or any other prescription drug as a muscle relaxer? After working traps my neck gets so tight that it ends up causing me issues for at least 24 hours -often for like 2 days. I know guys use stuff like magnesium but those do not work well enough. I absolutely need something stronger. Also, I have tried all I could to avoid the muscle tightness by playing around with my technique but I cannot make much further progress on that.
Overall I just have tightness in my large muscle groups and always had that. After squats my lower back is the problem area for example and again I have played around with technique and made some progress. However I need something beyond that.

How much magnesium were you using? Try 400 to 420mg a day, depending on the brand.

Baclofen will cause muscle weakness if used long term.

I have a script for it for when I get hiccups , I've never paid attention if it works on anything else but right now my paid stays right as fuck from having abs split open so I'm definitely going to try it.
When I have to run a lath le all day , standing up looking down , my neck and traps get really really tight. I take a hot shower , as hot as I can stand and let it pound on my neck then when I get out I have the wife or son run some absorbine gel into it. Real absorbine works great , doesn't burn and doesn't smell to bad. Any feed store that sells horse supplies or a Tractor supply has it.

Attachments

• IMG_20230110_075035.png
    IMG_20230110_075035.png
    246.3 KB · Views: 8
On another note , I remember my GI Dr telling me that the Baclofen coule cause constipation pretty quickly so that's something to consider. I never it to more that twice in 6 hrs and it never effect me but something to think about

I have a script for it for when I get hiccups , I've never paid attention if it works on anything else but right now my paid stays right as fuck from having abs split open so I'm definitely going to try it.
When I have to run a lath le all day , standing up looking down , my neck and traps get really really tight. I take a hot shower , as hot as I can stand and let it pound on my neck then when I get out I have the wife or son run some absorbine gel into it. Real absorbine works great , doesn't burn and doesn't smell to bad. Any feed store that sells horse supplies or a Tractor supply has it.
I just mine ...so far im impresses i like it!!!

MCP

Thats impressed ...lol

MCP

Took it for lower back spasms....10mg the first few times did the trick, then had to up the dose the third time to 20, then 30, all the way to 50....and then had no effect. Could be the the metabolism...

Ive had a prescription for years. I use it only when it's absolutely necessary. But when I first got it, I was taking it every day for months. I had a GP prescribe it. I took it every day for 4 or 5 months. Every day. When I told an endo what I was doing he just shook his head and looked at what the dosing prescription was. Dude said, dont ever go to that doctor again. They have no idea what theyre doing.

No side effects at all though. Definitely no withdrawals.

Man flexiril completely knocks me out! Like within an hour I’m fast asleep. Plus I have that hangover groggy feeling the following day. It does work, but I can’t take it since it affects me this way.

Cage

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc