over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone Fan of SUV over cars?

BigMatt

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I currently drive a pos 2008 accord.

Im thinking of trading it for a 2018 GMC terrain at the end of the summer.

The thing is i want a 4 cylinder suv, But im not sure if those engines are reliable with the Turbo?

Its a 1.5 liter 4 cylinder turbo engine. Never had a Turbo engine before.

Are they reliable, those 4 cylinder turbo engine? Seem like manufacturer are all going to small engine size with a Turbo nowadays?

Attachments

• 2018terrain.jpg
    2018terrain.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 198
Yukon Denali is the only decent offering from GMC and even that's pretty horrible.

I would go with a sedan over a 1.5 liter "SUV". If you have money Bentley Bentega is nice.

2016 Tahoe LTZ over here. Can't imagine driving a sedan at 250+ lbs.

Yukon Denali is the only decent offering from GMC and even that's pretty horrible.

I would go with a sedan over a 1.5 liter "SUV". If you have money Bentley Bentega is nice.

Tahoe/Yukon is the best in class, #1 selling full size SUV for a reason. Can't go wrong with either one of these. I've been driving tahoes for over 10 years, owner 3 over that time.

I cant afford a v6 suv or a full size suv.

But i dont want a sedan also.

Thats why i looked at the biggest in size 4 Cylinder suv.

Its the GMC terrain, followed by the same platform equinox, they are basically the same.

Also with a sedan in the winter(alot of snow here), You dont have much ground clearance.

I read those 4 cyl SUV are very good in Winter conditions.

And its a step up in Size from a Sedan.

Otherwise i would go with an Escalade. But i cant afford the gas cost nor that i need the full size suv.

I'm the biggest patriot you'll ever meet but American made cars are just disposable tools, they are trash by 30k miles I would never own one out of warranty, in fact I would never own one period just lease cheap. I used to buy and sell cars on the side back when that was a good business I've driven/owned pretty much everything. I just leased a terrain for my little sister for $160 a month zero down, that should tell you something.

I've had a Lexus LX450 (dressed up landcruiser) since I was 16 and still own it I can't let it go it's my baby. I bought a 4dr wrangler new off the lot to replace it in 2013 and that thing was a total pos, it wasn't a vehicle it was a toy with a lawnmower engine, even the things about it that were supposed to be fun were a total pain in the ass. Luckily they hold their value like no other and I made some aesthetic modifications to it, ended up trading it to the lexus dealer 6 months later and only lost 1k overall on it got really lucky.

I ended up getting a GS350 as I was tired of trucks and while it was fun to drive here in Michigan you just have to have an SUV and it helps for my business. When my lease ended on the GS350 I picked up a GX470 and I am EXTREMELY happy with it, drives like a car but it's a real truck. I will always have an SUV even if I eventually get another "fun" car.

I would lease I wouldn't buy it's a money pit the depreciation is incredibly higher than the cost of the lease for American cars, shop around and go out of state if you need to. I've leased that terrain for $160, an equinox for $160, a chrysler 300s for $280, Sierra for $240, charger for $220, grand cherokee full loaded for $300 and Rams for $220 just in the past 5 years for family all 0 down. The best, or worst depending on how you see it, I ever saw was a Dodge Dakota right before they stopped making them they were leasing them for 24 months $1200 total up front, $50 bucks a month!! Half the people I knew got one just for the fuck of it.

It doesn't make sense to buy common cars anymore, everyone leases so once they come off lease all around the same time the market is flooded and the value of your car tanks big time.

Tahoe/Yukon is the best in class, #1 selling full size SUV for a reason. Can't go wrong with either one of these. I've been driving tahoes for over 10 years, owner 3 over that time.

A few months back you could lease a well equipped tahoe here in Michigan for $340 a month zero down. I have two friends which picked them up, one just gave it to his dad and got a fully loaded escalade for $580. It's ridiculous they are just devaluing their own product....

I drive a full size truck and won't own anything smaller personally​ , my wife has a 2015 GMC Acadia with Denali package and it's really nice but not as room as my truck.

As for the motors , when Ford first came out with the twin turbo Ecoboost motor in the F-150's I was hesitant as I couldn't see making that kind of power and it lasting.
Well my father in law bought on in a 4x4 and now has over 120,000 miles and it still runs great. Now , he is kinda pissed that my truck with a 5.3 , headers , exhaust , intake and custom tune gets the same milage as his on the hwy and out pulls it NOTICABLY but that's because all factory cars are detuned from the factory. Ford is putting that twin turbo V-6 in the new Raptors rated at 450 hp rather than the 6.2 they were using.

I think that the quality of the engines now and what they can do with turbos is going to be the future and as long g as your not expecting sports car performance I think you'll be happy with a smaller displacement turbo motor in a small SUV.

I drive a full size truck and won't own anything smaller personally​ , my wife has a 2015 GMC Acadia with Denali package and it's really nice but not as room as my truck.

As for the motors , when Ford first came out with the twin turbo Ecoboost motor in the F-150's I was hesitant as I couldn't see making that kind of power and it lasting.
Well my father in law bought on in a 4x4 and now has over 120,000 miles and it still runs great. Now , he is kinda pissed that my truck with a 5.3 , headers , exhaust , intake and custom tune gets the same milage as his on the hwy and out pulls it NOTICABLY but that's because all factory cars are detuned from the factory. Ford is putting that twin turbo V-6 in the new Raptors rated at 450 hp rather than the 6.2 they were using.

I think that the quality of the engines now and what they can do with turbos is going to be the future and as long g as your not expecting sports car performance I think you'll be happy with a smaller displacement turbo motor in a small SUV.

My friend has a F350 and he was putting exhaust fluid in, I was asking wtf he was doing and I thought he was toying with me I had never heard of that before. Hopefully that shit will end soon, we handcuff ourselves it's silly.

My friend has a F350 and he was putting exhaust fluid in, I was asking wtf he was doing and I thought he was toying with me I had never heard of that before. Hopefully that shit will end soon, we handcuff ourselves it's silly.

Yep and if it's under warranty and it gets low , the computer will shut the truck down into a "limp" mode. Diesels are especially destined , you can add 100hp and 200lb torque with a simple tune , that should tell you something about how neutered the come from the factory.

Luckily down here we don't have emissions test so we can turn them up quite a bit. My 2012 Z71 is my "toy" and what I pull my camper with I've invested so much damn money into the motor , transmission and rear end I don't wanna drive it every day (and I can't not fuck with these guys withe factory hot rods:p)

I hate full size SUVs. The way they maneuver, specially in higher speeds feels totally unsafe.

You guys will laugh, but I believe minivans are simply the best cars out there. Very stable, low center of mass, very safe, lots of space, etc...

Perfect car:

**broken link removed**

Yep and if it's under warranty and it gets low , the computer will shut the truck down into a "limp" mode. Diesels are especially destined , you can add 100hp and 200lb torque with a simple tune , that should tell you something about how neutered the come from the factory.

Luckily down here we don't have emissions test so we can turn them up quite a bit. My 2012 Z71 is my "toy" and what I pull my camper with I've invested so much damn money into the motor , transmission and rear end I don't wanna drive it every day (and I can't not fuck with these guys withe factory hot rods:p)

What a joke, who are we saving the environment for? What For China, India and Pakistan to destroy it a hundred times worse than we could ever do and take all of our manufacturing in the process because they don't have these ridiculous restrictions? I'm not trying to get political but man it's like how do you go against what the majority wants and get away with it every time? Like I said hopefully things will start changing real soon.

Remember when we were kids and we all were told to use plastic to "save the trees"?

I'm not a big truck guy but I feel bad for what big truck guys have to put up with now, I really thought he was messing with me when he told me "exhaust fluid"....

I hate full size SUVs. The way they maneuver, specially in higher speeds feels totally unsafe.

You guys will laugh, but I believe minivans are simply the best cars out there. Very stable, low center of mass, very safe, lots of space, etc...

Perfect car:

**broken link removed**

I hate to say it but I am going to agree!! The most comfortable road trips I've ever taken were in mini vans!

Perfect car:

**broken link removed**
We drove all over the southern half of Africa in a Honda Odyssey and it wasn't bad , that thing had a great AC too

Your a fucking moron and should be banned for stupidity. :banghead:

Perfect car:

**broken link removed**

Haha While I'll never own one, I will say I've never been uncomfortable inside a minivan so can't disagree with you.

2017 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ can't go wrong with this

I even think the factory 22in wheels look great

The best car you can own is the one you can buy in cash.

The best car you can own is the one you can buy in cash.

If you get a steal of a deal to compensate for the drastic depreciation and maintenance cost of common cars then I agree, otherwise that's an old outdated mentality.

I cant afford a v6 suv or a full size suv.

But i dont want a sedan also.

Thats why i looked at the biggest in size 4 Cylinder suv.

Its the GMC terrain, followed by the same platform equinox, they are basically the same.

Also with a sedan in the winter(alot of snow here), You dont have much ground clearance.

I read those 4 cyl SUV are very good in Winter conditions.

And its a step up in Size from a Sedan.

Otherwise i would go with an Escalade. But i cant afford the gas cost nor that i need the full size suv.

Matt,

My father-in-law has the Equinox and hates it. A buddy has the Terrain and hates it. They feel "flimsy" when driven, that's my experience.
I bought my wife a 2015 Nissan Rogue brand new, it's a 4 cylinder and "feels" solid on the road. I can drive next to semi trucks and not feel like I'm going to get blown off the road if a gust comes as they frequently do with semi's.

It's a "mid-size" and is very good on gas. I'm not normally a big fan of a 4 cylinder, but it's a nice vehicle. We got it loaded, well, because she's a woman and wanted it lol. Seriously though, we really like the vehicle

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131