advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone forget how much stronger they are than most?

When I said most I automatically assumed that people would say I'm talking about the average Joe considering most people in the world are average and we're a very small minority or has everyone also forgotten that? I meant this thread as something that can humble yourself with in terms of realizing hey not everyone can do these things so easily so maybe I shouldn't come off as a jerk but instead it seems like some people are trying to rip on me for the thread when in fact all those instances I mentioned I felt embarrassed or ashamed for it for coming off as I did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

When I said most I automatically assumed that people would say I'm talking about the average Joe considering most people in the world are average and we're a very small minority or has everyone also forgotten that? I meant this thread as something that can humble yourself with in terms of realizing hey not everyone can do these things so easily so maybe I shouldn't come off as a jerk but instead it seems like some people are trying to rip on me for the thread when in fact all those instances I mentioned I felt embarrassed or ashamed for it for coming off as I did.

What we generally tend to forget is that most people simply don't care how muscular or strong we are. They don't care if theyre even in shape. We tend to have this self delusion that other people walk around in awe and fear of bodybuilders and in reality they just think were all roided up idiots. The only people that tend to look up to us are novice lifters whose goal it is to become freakishly muscular and strong.

That imparts a but of prejudice against us right from the get go, so a lot of what we do and say can be easily misconstrued as cockyness or like were just assholes. that means extra effort to come across as the nice guy most of us really are instead of the orange tan jersey shore douche bag they automatically think of.

you didn't come off as a jerk. I don't think anyone is ripping you at all, including myself. I was just telling a funny story.

What we generally tend to forget is that most people simply don't care how muscular or strong we are. They don't care if theyre even in shape. We tend to have this self delusion that other people walk around in awe and fear of bodybuilders and in reality they just think were all roided up idiots. The only people that tend to look up to us are novice lifters whose goal it is to become freakishly muscular and strong.

That imparts a but of prejudice against us right from the get go, so a lot of what we do and say can be easily misconstrued as cockyness or like were just assholes. that means extra effort to come across as the nice guy most of us really are instead of the orange tan jersey shore douche bag they automatically think of.

Definitely agree with this, sure I'll get the occasional "you've gotten so much bigger!" From family and such, but no one else, not even my roommates, seem to notice/care about any sort of gains I make, they only bring it up when we argue to imply I have roid rage/am a stupid meathead

Yup. I'm the asshole with all the 45s on the sled and everyone standing around waiting for me to finish. Not my fault they didn't stock the gym with hundred pound plates. I go to the gym at 0500 so I don't interfere with other peoples work out on leg day. But every one in a while theres someone waiting on me.

my favourite thing to do in the gym, is look for the skinniest guy and ask him to spot me when im benching over 405

they stand behind the bench in so much fear
It would be funny if that same kid spotted you, then sat down and did your weight for reps. Or even worse, if your shoulder popped and the weight slammed down on your chest and he couldn''t lift it off.

My muscles are for looks, not function.

Except my penis, which technically isn't a muscle :D

You and me both. I'm so damn weak. People expect me to grab the 100's, and instead I flat press with 60's. I have bloofy muscles.

Some people are being complete d-bags instead of answering the question by the OP. The general population is weak. Its extremely sad. People like us forget the simple power we possess by benching 300-400lbs, deadlifting 400-500, and squatting 300-500 week after week, year after year.
I will say, without a doubt I have realized many times how powerful I was after not taking it into account and realized at the same time how weak many are.

I learned this mostly while bouncing for over 6yrs..often trying to avoid escalating situations. Its a bit shocking at times when you shove someone to create space and they go 10+ ft before slamming into a wall, or yoking someone up or putting them down hard and them having the wind knocked out of them, or piss their pants on their back...lol. Memories.

Strong?
I do not employ bodybuilders as I find they might be strong for a short , very short burst of work, they do not have the stamina , for long . some of my 70 kg workers will out put much more steel handling , than the big guys.
it includes me.

for short term , I can crush their Ego, if only they knew...

People that see me never let me forget that I am stronger than them based only on my looks. If not for them I would maybe forget, but being constantly called big guy etc, and people always making comments about not wanting to meet me in a dark alley or such, always reminds me that I am a little special.

Yup. I'm the asshole with all the 45s on the sled and everyone standing around waiting for me to finish. Not my fault they didn't stock the gym with hundred pound plates. I go to the gym at 0500 so I don't interfere with other peoples work out on leg day. But every one in a while theres someone waiting on me.

Other people at your gym actually train legs??? :eek:

Some people are being complete d-bags instead of answering the question by the OP. The general population is weak. Its extremely sad. People like us forget the simple power we possess by benching 300-400lbs, deadlifting 400-500, and squatting 300-500 week after week, year after year.
I will say, without a doubt I have realized many times how powerful I was after not taking it into account and realized at the same time how weak many are.

I learned this mostly while bouncing for over 6yrs..often trying to avoid escalating situations. Its a bit shocking at times when you shove someone to create space and they go 10+ ft before slamming into a wall, or yoking someone up or putting them down hard and them having the wind knocked out of them, or piss their pants on their back...lol. Memories.

Hercules..Hercules

I started out in the gym at 14 because I did not want to be like everyone else. I always wanted to be stronger than the average population. Having said that, yes I often forget how much stronger I am in relation to the average guy/s. I work in an industry where a degree of strength is not only desirable but handy. Big Cranes means Big Chains. I often rig lifts on my own where others need two guys. Sure I'm slowing down a bit in my old age but still run circles around the young pups! I rally like being strong. Well for my age anyway!

Strength can also be very humbling in a way too.

I like when they ask, "hey, do you work out?" I nonchalantly reply, "sometimes." Not being a dick, just playing it off.

Remain aloof......

I would say the opposite there are few guys at my gym that are way stronger than me at a few things but iv got lot more muscle than them.

I was a scholarship 190lb D1 College wrestler. I lettered every year. I'm almost 50 and I'm stronger than I was 30 years ago. And I was a really strong average Natty Joe back then.

Something is very wrong with this picture.

I was a scholarship 190lb D1 College wrestler. I lettered every year. I'm almost 50 and I'm stronger than I was 30 years ago. And I was a really strong average Natty Joe back then.

Something is very wrong with this picture.

Yes, and you are all drugs. Oh, and gh too.:eek::)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity