YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

anyone got any tips for early AM workout..?

MrJuiceHead

Registered
I will have to start going to the Gym at about 6am because of work. I know some of you guys do the Am thing. Any good tips to fully wake up ect. I will have the coffee ready.

Good luck to you bro. I've never been one who could train in the morning before work. It takes me FOREVER to fully wake up. I train in the evenings after work. I feel more focused that time of day and it also helps me releive the stress I've endured through out the day.

We train at 7am everyday. I think your body will just get used to it. the most important thing is REST. I have to make sure I get enough sleep the night before or else Im just drained. Its a total lifestyle change really. I have to pass on going out with my friends and sometimes I have to leave early from whatever Im doing so I get my much needed rest. Sometimes I do an ECA stack but I try to stay away from that. I go on an empty stomach too and I find its better for me that way.

AM Training

I wake up around 5:30 slam down a small protien shake w/glut and CEE. I eat an apple and sip on some Green Tea on my way to the gym. I usually start lifting around 6:30. I'll ride the bike for 5 minutes and I make sure I warm up.

I personally don't like lifting that early, but had to change for work reasons also. I don't feel as strong or full without a few good meals in me first.

When I'm done slam another PR shake and some fruit, shower up, head to work and eat full breakfast meal within 45 minutes of getting done working out.

And YES SLEEP is key for me. Usually go to bed around 10-10:30

thanks for the tips guys....warming up for 5min i need to do that. I hope my body adjusts, it will probally take a week or 2

AM Training

I never train in the AM unless I'm doing a show and even then its only cardio. If I do traim early I down a Starbucks grande quad latte about 45 before and I can get thru the workout. Am training sucks for me.

Angus

Well..

You will get used to it ..im in same boat have to at 6am or 7am latest...

Benefits--no heavy crowds, waiting on equipment, start the day in good mood.

Sucks--trying to wake up , sticking with it as hitting snooze button is real easy.

A different Perspective...

I have been training EARLY AM for about 5 years and have loved it. My workout have never been more productive. I have been at three different gyms during this timefeame, and each one has been great for early AM.

Here's what I do:

1. Make sure to have a shake right before bed, usually @ 8:30 PM and bedtime is 9:00 PM.

2. I generally fall right asleep, so that's not an issue.

3. Alarm goes off at 3:30 AM, but I generally wake a minute or so before the alarm goes off. I am a bit tired, but psyched to workout - getting out of bed is not an issue.

4. Ged dressed and hit the gym. Get there at about 4:00 AM.

5. Do my usual post-workout thing... Eat, shower, eat, commute to work, eat...

Plus, all three gyms that I've done EARLY AM workouts at have had awesome girls there. And, it's easy to chat it up w/ them because usually the gyms are dead at that hour so there's less "competition".

In the winter months, when it's cold and dark out I usually hit some CLEN pre-workout. If need be, I can alternate between Clen, Caffeine, and some leftover Xenadrine I bought before the ban...

Early morning workouts are the devil incarnate! I can't handle them and I curse when I have to do them in contest prep mode.
It takes me forever to wake normally.
I usually crawl from the bed to the computer and the screen wakes me up - takes about an hour or so.
And how about when it's winter and cold and windy and the alarm goes off and it's still dark outside and you hear the wind and the rain hitting your windows... and you have to wake up an commute in that to go train! LOL

I did the first one this moring, it went good, but not a great workout. it does feel nice to have it out of the way.

thanks again for the tips, 5min warmup helps alot

Yup - the best part is getting it done!!!

Then the rest f the day is a (relative) cakewalk!

One really bad effect is trying to tie a necktie when you're TOTALLY PUMPED. Can't bend the arms, can't get the arms behind the neck to flip the collar, and start sweating like a pig right after a shower. But, It's a "good" bad part...

Any good "scenery" in your gym at that hour?
Hotties getting in a pre-work workout?

Been A.M. training since 83',waking up is not the hard part...going to bed on time is...it will take you about 2/3 months to get used to it not 2/3 weeks but once your bodyclock changes you'll wonder how you ever could have trained in the evenings...good luck!
GF

as far as hot chicks there are a few, one blonde that was perfectly fit, just what i like. she was doing squats......yah i took a few nice looks

gravityfighter said:
Been A.M. training since 83',waking up is not the hard part...going to bed on time is...it will take you about 2/3 months to get used to it not 2/3 weeks but once your bodyclock changes you'll wonder how you ever could have trained in the evenings...good luck!
GF

thats cool.....83 thats the yr i was born.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws