over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone had a hernia??

HELLA SWOLE

Registered
I have been having paisn in the lower abdominal region and I went to the doc today and sure enough it is smalle hernia!! She said I will probably need surgery!! Has anyone else had one? did you have to have surgery? How long were you out of the gym for?? Could even lift extremely light weight?? I am sooooo upset because I have been dieting for 11 weeks and looking good and 5 wks out from my first show which I have dumped a ton of time/sacrifice/ money into, only to go out like this :(
Any insight is appreciated, I meet with the surgeon tommorrow.

HELLA SWOLE said:
I have been having paisn in the lower abdominal region and I went to the doc today and sure enough it is smalle hernia!! She said I will probably need surgery!! Has anyone else had one? did you have to have surgery? How long were you out of the gym for?? Could even lift extremely light weight?? I am sooooo upset because I have been dieting for 11 weeks and looking good and 5 wks out from my first show which I have dumped a ton of time/sacrifice/ money into, only to go out like this :(
Any insight is appreciated, I meet with the surgeon tommorrow.

I would imagine there will be some down time.

Ask the Dr about delaying the operation until after the show. I had a hernia and the recovery time was 6-8 weeks. I felt fine after a couple weeks but they don't want you to lift to soon and have to get it done again.

there are different kinds of hernias. i had an inguinal repaired last year after putting it off for more than 5 years. I'm glad i put it off because the technology improved a lot in five years. the technique now is to make a very small incision and insert a mesh that is used to patch the muscle tear. i was walking around after the operation and was back lifting in a few weeks. your case may be different.

OK...

this is good...I was going to ask about something...

I ahve been having a pinching annoying not really pain..just an aggrivating pinch ing feeling in my middle left quadrent...since there really isn;t much on that side, I was thinking it might be intestine spasms or a mild hernia, but nothing is bludging out and ther eis no pain when i press on it.

I've had 3, you could train lighter and be careful and put off the surgery until after your comp. I don't see that as a problem. I put one off for about a month once. Get a truss to wear in the gym if necessary, just train light.

Steak, you may have one starting. Usually before the tear, I would get a weird feeling in my intestines and would wake up at night because it felt like air bubbling through them (bizarre feeling). Sure enough a couple of days later the hernia would appear.

Hopefully you don't though. The first week sucks after surgery, then the next 2 weeks it's a gradual improvement. Usually lifting light after 3 weeks and back to full strength by 6.

I don't know about the mesh, it may have improved since my last one ('97). My surgeon advised against it being a younger, bigger, stronger person who lifted.

**edit** I had the 3rd because the 2nd one was mesh and it only lasted 5 years and had to be fixed again

I had an Umbilical hernia repair. A piece of mess was implanted under the muscle to keep the herniated area from opening further. only two incisions about an inch long where made but I was out of work and the gym for a good 6-8 weeks. a hernia is like a leaky faucet it will only get worse unless you get it fixed.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws