YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone had their wisdom teeth removed as an adult?

eclipse

Registered
Ok, I had a minor surgery to remove four impacted wisdom teeth yesterday which involved also removing a small piece of jaw bone. I was wondering when it would be ok to get back in the gym. I'm afraid of putting pressure on the clots and getting dry socket. I feel fine other than some swelling and minor pain and slight bleeding. Anyone here have any experience with this? I'm getting antsy but don't want to cause any complications. Thanks!

I have, but only two teeth....it was charter building.

I would wait a couple days before going back to gym, but I do tend to clench my jaw when lifting...

i got 1 wisdom tooth out in november, and 3 out in december (bottom 2 being impacted).

After the first surgery, i was back in the gym after 2 days. The second surgery i waited about a week.

The biggest problem i had was my jaw aching while exercising, like I could feel my heart beat through my jaw. It was not too painful, but really awkward and annoying.

wisdom

Okay, you got to relax for a couple of days bro.

Take it easy, you will mak eup for it later.

If you work out too hard, you could start bleeding, just let it heal before going back!

Hope you feel better,
Chris

I had to be awake when I got mine out, them percocets kept me out of the gym for about a week. And my jaw bone was still sore as shit after that.

I had all 4 removed at once. 3 of them impacted so they cut the jaw bone. On top of this the doc dislocated my jaw (I was put under) and I couldn't get it to pop back in for a week. I missed a week and a half. I wouldn't rick going back to fast. when its over you won't realize you missed workouts but if you pop those stitches you might know you messed up for a long time.

Thanks everyone! My wife just read what you all said and I got a "told ya so" lol. I think I'll take it easy this week. I'm still on lots of motrin and vicodin, so maybe I feel a little better off than I actually am.

I did and had every complication imaginable and still have numbness in my lower lip and chin.Dry sockets in three,nerve pain then permanent numbness.
If I could do it again I would leave them in!!

You're right to be concerned about putting pressure on the clots.

I had 3 removed and had one that the clot broke open and I ended up with an infection (apparently antibiotics are usually prescribed for wisdon teeth removal, but I wasn't given any - the dentist admitted if he had put me on antibiotics the infection may have been prevented or not nearly as bad)

lay low till healed

^^^^^^^

good advice from above.
relax.
the gym will still be there.
any other ??? just PM me or post in this thread. glad to help.

Take Care,
MS.

I had 4 impacted removed. A strange thing I noticed, my balance was off for about a week. Nothing overwhelming, just found myself teetering a few times. If you squat or anything in the next few days, be careful. I'm unsure if that was unique to me or commonplace.

I had all 4 removed when I was 25. I couldn't train for 10 days. The doc told me it would take 30 minutes for the surgery, it ended up taking 2.5 hours. Over the next 3 days almost my entire face bruised and my right eye was swollen shut.

Ok, I had a minor surgery to remove four impacted wisdom teeth yesterday which involved also removing a small piece of jaw bone. I was wondering when it would be ok to get back in the gym. I'm afraid of putting pressure on the clots and getting dry socket. I feel fine other than some swelling and minor pain and slight bleeding. Anyone here have any experience with this? I'm getting antsy but don't want to cause any complications. Thanks!

I had mine removed around two years ago. They had literally nagged and bugged me for at least 10 years. My wisdom teeth were all good healthy teeth there was just no room in my jar for them. They used to be fine then get sore like a baby when they are cutting teeth. I wont try to BS you and tell you it was nothing, the first couple of weeks will suck, but thats a good time to tighten up your diet right?;) Years after I look back and wish I would have only done it sooner. I suffered for years. 100%+ worth it for me.

Fuck wisdom teeth, personally out for a week when had 2 pulled... between the darvocets keeping me feeling good and living off of milkshakes for the whole week as was the only way i could get any kind of food/calories with the cold helping considerably for the swelling too lol

Still holding on to 1 . Is partially impacted but sloooooowly surfacing. After hearing the cut dig and maybe saw song and dance of getting it taken out I figure i will wait to maybe surface on its own. especially with all the peps/igf Ive been using the last couple years I think they have helped a little with growth spurts to make it surface lol

I'd say just let yourself veg for the week, dont risk aggravating it for any complications... and this is coming from a guy who's mom is a dental hygentist and got a whole world of shit over just mentioning the drinking of milkshakes and using a straw and how I was exponentially increasing my chances for dry socket,and every other issue..

All 4 of mine of grown in straight and they will be staying there.

No need for me to take them out. Help with the extra chewing. You just need to ensure you brush back there.

Chip

I had all four of them removed in august 2008 when I was 22. I wasn't able to eat solid food for 5 days, but I did go to the gym 2 days after. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to, but I don't think any problems came out of it so I was fine

Glad I didn't train yesterday! I woke up last night in the worst pain! I tend to grind my teeth in my sleep which is no bueno right now. The mouth numbness is gone finally though...........on the plus side, I made it to level 5 on super Mario bros WII HAHA. Back to work tomorrow, three days of relaxing wasn't so bad.

had 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed in august
was pretty painful during the healing process

i woke up after the surgery got up and walked to the car unassisted, i just wanted to get home and sleep

pain in my jaw for a couple weeks but no major issues since I didnt workout those weeks :(

suppose to have mine done three are impacted but the dentist says one of them is dangerously close to a nerve in my jaw and if hit i will lose feeling in my lower jaw for life 50/50 chance f/that

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws