YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone had there kid treated with hgh for short stature?

sean70ss

Registered
I am curious if anyone has any insight on this. My son is short and we are contemplating hgh for growth treatment through a doctor. Pm me or if you have any input it is greatly appreciated.

Growth Hormone for Children

I would read Dats protocol at the top of the peptide section, in his research he references many different sites/sources where children are mentioned in great detail. Its the greatest single source of references on this subject that I have come accross. If you can, try and get into his private forum and ask him any questions/concerns you may have. If you're looking for more information, he's the guy who can point you in the right direction.

I went to grade school with a kid who was treated with it. At the time I did not know what he was taking just that he took shots for it. Found it what it was late in high school. For him, he still never made it above 5'1" and was on the thin side. I hope you have good insurance because it will cost an arm and two legs from what I have heard anecdotally.

One of my good friends was treated when he ws younger with hgh, he's now normal height he's not a bb and eats shit all the time but walks around literally shredded all year round not sure if it has anything to do with getting hgh when younger but it seemed to work for him in the height dept

treatment

I have had a few friends treated and they grew 5" plus! Parents administered the gh themselves. We have been to the doctor already to bureaucratic with them. He is 12 has the bone structure of a 10 yr old! There is a doc on Florida who will treat very reasonable more consultation then anything else. Just want the right protocol taken so no harm is done!

Seems incredibly vain and not even close to worth the risk. There have always been short people, they liven with it. HGH treatment is new enough that we don't know the risks or long term issues it causes. For you to use hgh yourself is one thing, your a big boy making grown up decisions. But to put your kid on some drug that might have long term effects (potentially very serious ones) because you want it to look better is so shallow and wrong.

no clue

I am not doing it for me lets get that straight. Kids are fucking cruel these days if you have noticed mostly due to to fucking poor parenting period. Back when I grew up I smashed there face inn simple as that. Now the parent will go to jail, the kids goes to juvenile court and you get sued. See we live in pustified nation all pussy's.

He gets bullied everyday at school and the system does not give one fuck about it. How would you react when your child goes through this on a constant basis????? Oh it is ok little johnny your better then that don't let it bother you. Bullshit! This is the society we live in.

Bottom line is I asked a simple question has anyone went through with it. I would never give it to him myself. Nor wood I put him in harms way bottom line. And I was not asking for a lecture either.

Some kids are genetically "small"...they produce normal amounts of HGH but will not grow to be tall. Others do not produce enough HGH...for those kids, HGH is safe to use. There are some contraindications to it's use but any MD who has experience in treating peds with HGH will be familiar. I'd have no hesitation to use it in a child who is not growing normally...just get a Doc who knows what they are doing and make sure to have all of the required testing done during treatment. Your insurance should cover it for this type of treatment.

I had a child on growth hormone therapy for 6 years. He was growth hormone deficent. We took him to a pediatric endo when he was 9. After much testing he was diagnosed as growth hormone deficent. He responded well to the therapy.

Your child may be a late bloomer. I say that because you stated that his bone age was 10 even though he is 12. Being a late bloomer can be very hard, but the good news is that he will eventually grow. Sometimes, taking zinc can help speed things up.

My advice is to take your child to a pediatric endo. They see this all the time and probably have lots of patients on GH therapy. Explain your concerns and they can provide the correct testing.

Watching the bone age is important also. Some doctors (ours did) will give an aromatase inhibitor to prolong the growing window of time. Once the bones seal, the growth is over.

I had a friend in my childhood that was short...I used to defend him.

His parents started him on what ever hgh he was Rx'd(I don't know how much).
He did grow more than he would have natty...However, he remained short in relation to his stunted growth and others.

I am not doing it for me lets get that straight. Kids are fucking cruel these days if you have noticed mostly due to to fucking poor parenting period. Back when I grew up I smashed there face inn simple as that. Now the parent will go to jail, the kids goes to juvenile court and you get sued. See we live in pustified nation all pussy's.

He gets bullied everyday at school and the system does not give one fuck about it. How would you react when your child goes through this on a constant basis????? Oh it is ok little johnny your better then that don't let it bother you. Bullshit! This is the society we live in.

Bottom line is I asked a simple question has anyone went through with it. I would never give it to him myself. Nor wood I put him in harms way bottom line. And I was not asking for a lecture either.

Sorry man. I don't mean to lecture. I hear you on the bullying thing and I understand you wanting to make your kids life as good as possible. But him growing to regular height or not will have NOTHING to do with being bullied. It would be nice to blame being bullied on his body type, I blamed being skinny. But in hindsight I realize that being skinny has nothing to do with it. Being short has nothing to do with it. He isn't cool. There are fat cool kids, skinny cool kids, short cool kids, and tall cool kids, none of them get bullied. There are unpopular kids who are the tallest of their peers who get bullied. Changing his height will change nothing. He is bullied because of his social standing at the school.

His social standing isn't going to change with his height.

There is no quick fix. He is at the bottom of the school social ladder and he either will make it to grad uncool. (lots do, its not fun but its life). Or he will carry himself in a way that gains the respect of his peers slowly over time.

I got bullied, I wasn't the coolest most popular kid in my grad class, I didn't get to bang the prom queen. I lived. It made me stronger. Your kid will live too.

I know you asked for personal experiences - and i don't have any here - but I came across this survey article on costs vs. benefits. Thought you might find it useful.

**broken link removed**

Bottom line is that the therapy appears to be generally safe and effective. It's great that you are focused on getting the best care for your kid. In many cases, there is no reason to accept being dealt a lousy hand of cards with respect to height.

My doctor mentioned that he is monitoring his own son's growth trajectory and would not hesitate to intervene if he starts falling materially behind. (As for my son, he's tall but skinny. Plenty of gh but he needs to eat and work out more.). Good luck.

I am curious if anyone has any insight on this. My son is short and we are contemplating hgh for growth treatment through a doctor. Pm me or if you have any input it is greatly appreciated.

hey sean,

currently my daughter is on saizen (somatotropin) for short stature. she does have a gh deficiency, also. she is turning 7 and she has been the gh for about a year , year and a half.

My daughter has low muscle tone also and the gh has done wonders for her. she is stronger, taller and interacting better with her peers. I think the drug is great if your child has is gh deficient, but I'm not sure about using it on a kid with normal gh levels. that being said, I'm not in your shoes and being short is definitely harder on a boy than a girl.

Two concerns I have-
1-My own doc told me giving growth to someone with normal levels could lead to diabetes later on in life.

2-My daughter's endo said it's possible that my daughter may have to take it for the rest of her life because she'll never produce a normal amount.

if you have any other questions ask away. you can PM me if you want.

matt

Last edited:
short stature

Thanks alot for the information very very informative and I really appreciate you sharing your experience with the usage.

I am getting his records reviewed by another doctor. At one time she said he was a candidate but her principals would not let her treat.

Is she okay with the shots? How often do you do them?

Again thank you.

the shots are given every night within a half hour of bedtime. she is used to the shot now. we use the easypod device for injections. its pretty simple and ensures you give the right amount each time.

I have to say without a doubt give him the hgh. I have a friend that is very short and he is very angry with his parents that they were not informed enough on hgh. Being short is gonna be harder to live with than any sides, women do not like short men and he will have self esteem issues forvever.

If you are going to treat short stature in children using HGH, you should begin prior to puberty. HGH admin in children has been successfully documented since early 80's. Many countries outside the U.S. pioneered.

The psychological impact of extreme short stature can outweigh potential related HGH risks. Example: a female who is 4'1 vs 4'11". Think about it.

gh

Well should be interesting the doc started him on 3ius ED. Said they have kids up to 8ius before wholly molly!!!

Well should be interesting the doc started him on 3ius ED. Said they have kids up to 8ius before wholly molly!!!

Your son is lucky to have parents who are so engaged and proactive. Most kids are not so fortunate. And it sounds like a good decision to me. Good luck with it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws