YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone have something in their shoulder "pop" and "pop back"?

plang

Kilo Klub Member
Had a scary moment for a second....I was doing bent over rear delt laterals and I usually stay very light on these to get a good feel....I was using 40lbs and about the third rep felt a pop in the back of my shoulder....I've torn my sartorius partially before and it did not feel like this....this did not hurt but it felt very weird since it was mid rep...I tossed the DBs for a second...than did them again to see if it hurt more...felt tight but no sharp pain.....I had my gf feel on the area and she said it felt much tighter than the other side....it felt like it popped over a bone...similar to what happens occasionally with my bicep tendon on the front delt.....it just wouldn't pop....I continued and doing some rear delt machine flys it popped back so to speak....my gf felt on it and it felt not near as tight.....now that area just feels tight slightly...but no pinpointed pain or sharp pain....I can move it through th same ROM as the other shoulder.....what do u guys make of it? I've had somewhat similar things happen and they were fine....I guess I'm looking to see if anything similar has happened to any of you....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was this just mid point on your rear delt or more toward the rear delt upper lat tie in?

Was this just mid point on your rear delt or more toward the rear delt upper lat tie in?

It's at the top of the rear delt by my traps

Actually sounds like it might have been a tendon across your upper scapula/humerus. IDK though im just guessing. Maybe part of your rear rotator cuff?

Actually sounds like it might have been a tendon across your upper scapula/humerus. IDK though im just guessing. Maybe part of your rear rotator cuff?

Yeah I'm hoping it was a tendon just going across the bone...I have a similar old injury on my bicep tendon...it occasionally pops over..but it's manageable...I think I have put on a lot of size fast...especially in my shoulders and my frame is narrow so I'm fighting my body

Update
This morning it feels fine...I can't tell anything happened...obviously I'm going to be extra careful....any other advice is welcome....

I have a problem with my left shoulder only when doing close grip pulldowns (with a chinning triangle). All is well when I pull it down, but as I release about half way up i feel as if something in my rear/outer delt is getting stuck, sliding across a bone, etc.. and it only happens on something with a close grip pulldown from a triangle..

I have a problem with my left shoulder only when doing close grip pulldowns (with a chinning triangle). All is well when I pull it down, but as I release about half way up i feel as if something in my rear/outer delt is getting stuck, sliding across a bone, etc.. and it only happens on something with a close grip pulldown from a triangle..

U have done some growing! U look pretty yoked in ur avatar...I think I need to update mine...it's over a year old...

U have done some growing! U look pretty yoked in ur avatar...I think I need to update mine...it's over a year old...

haha funny thing is the avatar is from 2008.. First show I ever did. It was about as happy as I had ever been with being big and being just the right leanness as well.. I'm sitting around 230 right now (biggest I've ever been), closer to 200 in that picture.

during positive or negative portion of the rep? My shoulders always pop and creak on the negative part of the rep.

I've had it happen a couple of times. Once on BO rows and a couple times doing rear flyes. I get this hard thick part on my left rear delt and occasionally I need a deep tissue massage and ultrasound. If I let it go, it manifests itself into what feels like a rotator cuff injury. Once it gets worked on, its like a new shoulder. Its sounds like this is what you have. Its usually from knotted up muscle in the rear delt area or underneath the scapula on that side. Get some deep tissue, with the size your putting on you need to keep those muscles loose.

I've had it happen a couple of times. Once on BO rows and a couple times doing rear flyes. I get this hard thick part on my left rear delt and occasionally I need a deep tissue massage and ultrasound. If I let it go, it manifests itself into what feels like a rotator cuff injury. Once it gets worked on, its like a new shoulder. Its sounds like this is what you have. Its usually from knotted up muscle in the rear delt area or underneath the scapula on that side. Get some deep tissue, with the size your putting on you need to keep those muscles loose.

Yeah...my poor gf is overworked right now...I had her stepping on my back/scapula/shoulder just to get enough pressure on it...feels a ton better...did quads and calves tonight...gonna take tommorow off and hit back Monday for just a bit more rest on that shoulder

a good chiro will be able to diagnose and adjust that right away. probably only need a visit or two with some stim on the muscles that have gotten tight on that side

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear