over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone here ever deal with S.I.B.O.??

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Been having more digestion issues then normal the last couple months while gathering new testament scans to submit to a new surgeon and it's progressively gotten worse so I was tested for SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth) and was positive.
The main reason for this is that I'm having blind loop syndrome from the hybrid roux-en-Y procedure I had in 2019.
Another reason is that I've been getting most of my calories from carbs because then have been seeming to digest better (3-4oz meat every 4-5hrs is the most I can do now) because fats wreck me (they fucked up my gallbladder) so apparently this "loop" I have allows this bad bacteria to colonize and I've been fertilizing to the fuck out of it.
The plan now is to knock it out with antibiotics but they know it's gonna come back so I'm researching some herbal antibiotics that have worked with this of for nothing else to use as a prophylactic to help suppress the bacteria so the antibiotics can be spaced out. This combined with a very low carb diet hopefully will improve my quality of life until a surgery can be done to remove and correct the mess they made.

So I'm asking if anyone has had any luck treating this shit with herbal remedies??
, it seems like Oregano , Neem , Berberine and Allicin are all common popular treatment for it.

is it h palori (sp?) bacteria?
Klebsiella pneumoniae , Bacteroides , Escherichia coli , were the three then picked up from the sample
The did a "Breath test" and it was immediately positive then the took some samples when they did my EGD and it came back with those three as the one causing the problem as their levels were way out of wack

Its going to be a long process my man. You're going to have to completely overhaul the way you eat (low FODMAP plan), take a shit ton of supplements on the plan to kill off the bad bacteria, then repopulate.

I just went through this over the winter and spring. Its a 12+ week process, and maybe longer depending on your personal case.

Its going to be a long process my man. You're going to have to completely overhaul the way you eat (low FODMAP plan), take a shit ton of supplements on the plan to kill off the bad bacteria, then repopulate.

I just went through this over the winter and spring. Its a 12+ week process, and maybe longer depending on your personal case.
Yea from the way it sounds the antibiotic Xifaxan that they want to use basically nukes all the bacteria in your gut , then rebuild with good stuff

Yea from the way it sounds the antibiotic Xifaxan that they want to use basically nukes all the bacteria in your gut , then rebuild with good stuff
I’ve done 2 rounds of xifaxan. It helps. If I were you….I would start eating a vertical diet(Stan efferding if your not familiar) it’s low fodmap and focuses on foods to correct this

Gunsmith I wish I could help out but I cannot.

Just wanna say good luck with everything.

Gunsmith. What are your symptoms? What was the testing? Glucose breath test?

Gunsmith. What are your symptoms? What was the testing? Glucose breath test?
Bloating , horrible gas , both belching and farts , not really diarrhea but having bowel movement every hr or so. I've been eating a lot of carbs steady for over a year now but this has progressive gotten worse over the last few months. My digestive system is a fucking mess from the surgery they did back in 2019. The initial surgery would have been great but then unknowingly poked a couple extra holes in my intestines so I ended up septic, then did an emergency surgery and ended up removing a couple feet of small intestine and 16" of large intestine. The initial fix they did tore lose so they just threw some shit together to save me and that's where I am now. It's basically a gastric bypass around the duodenum instead of the stomach. The portion of the small intestine they used and moving everything else around created an uphill portion to my digestive system under the duodenum and that's what's causing the "blind loop" allowing this bacteria to colonize alot easier , and the fact that I've been feeding the fuck out of it

They did a Breath test first then I had an scheduled EGD where they went in and took liquid sample as well so they could identify the bacteria not just a "high hydrogen" reading.
Of you have an EGD or colonoscopy they have to wait a month before the breath test or it can give a false ready so they just did it first. You have to drink 60ml of this shit that cause the bacteria to put off more than normal , it's like throwing gass on a fire.

I’ve done 2 rounds of xifaxan. It helps. If I were you….I would start eating a vertical diet(Stan efferding if your not familiar) it’s low fodmap and focuses on foods to correct this
Yes I'm basically gonna try a carnivor type diet and if I can't get in enough calories have to add in "approved" carbs. I rather give it as little glucose to feed on as possible because of the complicated digestion system that makes it very easy for the bacteria to colonize.
From what I'm reading the antibiotics basically kills off all gut bacteria so new healthy bacteria will have to be introduced , I'm sure this is gonna be a long process but as long as I can get some relief from the insane bloating and constant bathroom trips

Bloating , horrible gas , both belching and farts , not really diarrhea but having bowel movement every hr or so. I've been eating a lot of carbs steady for over a year now but this has progressive gotten worse over the last few months. My digestive system is a fucking mess from the surgery they did back in 2019. The initial surgery would have been great but then unknowingly poked a couple extra holes in my intestines so I ended up septic, then did an emergency surgery and ended up removing a couple feet of small intestine and 16" of large intestine. The initial fix they did tore lose so they just threw some shit together to save me and that's where I am now. It's basically a gastric bypass around the duodenum instead of the stomach. The portion of the small intestine they used and moving everything else around created an uphill portion to my digestive system under the duodenum and that's what's causing the "blind loop" allowing this bacteria to colonize alot easier , and the fact that I've been feeding the fuck out of it

They did a Breath test first then I had an scheduled EGD where they went in and took liquid sample as well so they could identify the bacteria not just a "high hydrogen" reading.
Of you have an EGD or colonoscopy they have to wait a month before the breath test or it can give a false ready so they just did it first. You have to drink 60ml of this shit that cause the bacteria to put off more than normal , it's like throwing gass on a fire.

ok so they did an actual jejunal aspirate. did they identify what bacteria it was and how many colonies? you must be with a unviersity hospital, so u seem to be in good hands. The average GI dont have the cability of doing jejunal aspirates.
drop me your number. I have a lot of medical experience in this.

is your flatulence putrid or is it odorless?

ok so they did an actual jejunal aspirate. did they identify what bacteria it was and how many colonies? you must be with a unviersity hospital, so u seem to be in good hands. The average GI dont have the cability of doing jejunal aspirates.
drop me your number. I have a lot of medical experience in this.

is your flatulence putrid or is it odorless?
Yep they wanted to see exactly what was causing the problem.
Klebsiella pneumoniae , Bacteroides , Escherichia coli are the three I jotted down that they mentioned. I sure the exact names and counts are in the report.
The gas is absolutely horrible smelling and has a very distinct smell not like typical bad gas.

Been having more digestion issues then normal the last couple months while gathering new testament scans to submit to a new surgeon and it's progressively gotten worse so I was tested for SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth) and was positive.
The main reason for this is that I'm having blind loop syndrome from the hybrid roux-en-Y procedure I had in 2019.
Another reason is that I've been getting most of my calories from carbs because then have been seeming to digest better (3-4oz meat every 4-5hrs is the most I can do now) because fats wreck me (they fucked up my gallbladder) so apparently this "loop" I have allows this bad bacteria to colonize and I've been fertilizing to the fuck out of it.
The plan now is to knock it out with antibiotics but they know it's gonna come back so I'm researching some herbal antibiotics that have worked with this of for nothing else to use as a prophylactic to help suppress the bacteria so the antibiotics can be spaced out. This combined with a very low carb diet hopefully will improve my quality of life until a surgery can be done to remove and correct the mess they made.

So I'm asking if anyone has had any luck treating this shit with herbal remedies??
, it seems like Oregano , Neem , Berberine and Allicin are all common popular treatment for it.
Try my MMB 750, available here at PM Store.

Attachments

• MMB 750 Specification.pdf
    72.5 KB · Views: 6

yes I beat it naturally with @heavyhitter help and feedback in summer 2021

betaine HCL, slippery elm, pancreatin, berberine, NAC, DGL and NEEM OIL

Yes I'm basically gonna try a carnivor type diet and if I can't get in enough calories have to add in "approved" carbs. I rather give it as little glucose to feed on as possible because of the complicated digestion system that makes it very easy for the bacteria to colonize.
From what I'm reading the antibiotics basically kills off all gut bacteria so new healthy bacteria will have to be introduced , I'm sure this is gonna be a long process but as long as I can get some relief from the insane bloating and constant bathroom trips
I highly recommend supplementing with dr ohiras probiotics post xifaxan treatment. Fermented foods like saurkraut and kimchi would be a good idea too

yes I beat it naturally with @heavyhitter help and feedback in summer 2021

betaine HCL, slippery elm, pancreatin, berberine, NAC, DGL and NEEM OIL
Dgl, slippery elm, and betaine hcl especially are very helpful for dealing with sibo. And they make you feel at least some relief pretty quickly.

Yep they wanted to see exactly what was causing the problem.
Klebsiella pneumoniae , Bacteroides , Escherichia coli are the three I jotted down that they mentioned. I sure the exact names and counts are in the report.
The gas is absolutely horrible smelling and has a very distinct smell not like typical bad gas.
I’m gonna go out on a limb here…..you probably chronically use acid reducing medications like proton pump inhibitors and antacids?

I’m gonna go out on a limb here…..you probably chronically use acid reducing medications like proton pump inhibitors and antacids?
I had been on a prescription for ulcers since 1992 , but since surgery and greatly reducing my food intake I haven't needed it. Now I chew a Tums maybe once a week
I had been on a prescription for ulcers since 1992 , but since surgery and greatly reducing my food intake I haven't needed it. Now I chew a Tums maybe once a week if I eat tomato sauce.
I haven't taken my prescription Protonix in two years.

I had been on a prescription for ulcers since 1992 , but since surgery and greatly reducing my food intake I haven't needed it. Now I chew a Tums maybe once a week
I had been on a prescription for ulcers since 1992 , but since surgery and greatly reducing my food intake I haven't needed it. Now I chew a Tums maybe once a week if I eat tomato sauce.
I haven't taken my prescription Protonix in two years.
You likely still have low levels of stomach acid though. Although if you have a history of ulcers be careful with adding in betaine.
If it were me….here’s what i’d be using
quality digestive enzymes with meals
Dgl
Marhsmallow root
Slippery elm bark
Dr ohiras probiotics
Fermented foods
Get fats only from whole food sources like eggs and meat/ no processed oils of any kind. Butter is ok
Fibrous veggies are a no go for awhile
Stick to a low fodmap diet, eat beef when possible for protein.
20-40 grams glutamine daily
Bone broths consumed whenever possible or supplemental collagen
Consume adequate iodine. Real cranberry juice, and seaweed are good sources. Use plenty of iodized salt

Oregano oil I’m on the fence about. It can also kill good guy bacteria. You’re going to be starting fresh after the xifaxan, so I’d personally leave it out.

Also….as an immediate help go get yourself some simethicone capsules. Also called gas-x. You can take quite a few a day and it will really help cut down on the gas. Peppermint oil is also very soothing to the guts. Find an enterically coated capsule

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member