advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone here FRYING a Turkey for Thanksgiving?

Massive G

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I am thinking about getting a turkey fryer, but unsure what type to get the standard ones are oil fryers but I found this one which does not use oil-infra -red heat.....
The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Oil-Less Turkey Fryer - 12101480 - Smokers & Fryers

I have heard that the fired turkey is insane tasting and once you eat one you can never go back to the oven.
I am getting hungry typing this.:D

Man we did a test run of a fried turkey - just used a big pot with some oil. UNBELIEVABLE....You're right. You will not go back to baking if you don't have to. I have never had turkey that tasted so good. The only way to go if you ask me.

I've heard using peanut oil is the best?

Fried turkeys a great. I've been doing them since the late 80's. I saw one of those infared friers at academy sports but I'm going to stick with the traditional method of using peanut oil.

I've heard using peanut oil is the best?

Peanut oil is a great choice for its high smoking point and flavor-to the op fried turkey is the bomb-I would recommend frying however and not the infra red method.

I ate it one time cooked in peanut oil, it is that good, moist as anything.

I have made turkeys almost every way imaginable. As far as taste goes, deep fried in peanut oil us hard to beat, similar to broasted chicken. The infared cooker works great as well and will be similar to rotisserie chicken, and much safer. My familys favorite way is smoked and is by far the most labor intensive. I have to brine the turkey for 3 days and smoke it on the Big Green Egg with hickory chips. This is fantastic. How you prep your bird will also affect your outcome. If you can, find a natural bird, that has never been frozen or had anything added. Heavily salt under the skin 3 days before you cook it. This is called dry brining. You can add your favorite spices to this as well as the salt will draw moisture out of the bird, open the pores, an reabsorb whatever you put on it. Hope this helps and good luck.

I've done a Cajun rub deep fried Turkey for the past three years.the best. But peanut oil is the best way to go.

Fried turkey is great, but my favorite remains a nice turkey breast fresh of the smoker.

the only other way we eat turkey in my family is boned/cubed and put on kabobs on the grill.

we normaly use wild turkey but now and then we'll buy a butter ball if we have a big crew to feed. I use the old fashioned peanut oil method with a tall pot on my crawfish pot burner. I got a high end electric unit a couple years ago and it worked ok just take way longer to heat up and when you drop the bird the oil temp drops and it take longer to heat back up so I had to adjust my cooking time.

ai inject mine 24 hrs before cooking with creole butter flavor from "Cajun injector" then I make up a dry rub and when I pull the bird out of the ice chest to cook I put a good coat of rub on it so the skin takes a good crust.

on a side note , you can deep fry chickens or my favorite Cornish hens the same way to experiment with rubs and injector flavors.

I tried 28 turkeys the thanksgiving that hurricane Katrina hit to help feed some of the marines and people that came here to help with the recovery. I wish I had the funds to do the same for the folks in the north east this year.

injecting the bird in the key , if you can't find the juice or injector kits hit me up and I'll get in the mail to ya

massive, I have that cooker. very nice job cooking lots of things. started with cornish hen and hen a few slabs dropped in.
last turkey was @ 45 minutes. doesnt have enough time to dry out, so it comes out very nice, but the damn thing gets really hot obviously. I swear it 700+

on the hand we are frying one in beef lard this year with a indoor fryer
good times

I cooked a turkey started last night cooked in oven at 225degrees for about 12 hrs I melted coconut oil added in creole seasoning injected bird with it stuffed 2 grapefruit halves in the inside of the bird coated the outside with a little olive oil creole seasoning and some ms dash onion herb blend.Cover completely with aluminum foil to seal in steam- When bird reaches 165 degrees uncover the aluminum foil switch to broil add a little of the juices or some more olive oil on top and in about 5 minutes you will have a golden brown bird that is cooked to perfection I guarantee it is fall off the bone and as juicy as any fried turkey.I have had many fried turkeys from multiple people but none no more juicy or better tasting than this. If you want to do the fat boy version of it instead of coconut oil melt butter.:love: The key to cooking in the oven is to cook very very slow.

I've been frying my turkeys for the last 6-7 years. I'm not even interested in eating oven turkey anymore. I usually have 2-3 people ask me to fry their turkeys when I do my own -------since the oils already hot..
Happy thanksgiving... T

We have fryed one last five years..fry and put out to snack on then serve traditional turkey with dinner

Advice, let turkey sit out long enough to get room temp, this will let it cook evenly. Also allow oil to heat up to right temp before you drop the turkey in ;)

I picked up TBE oil-less fryer last week. It took a fews mins to assemble. You have to rub the inside with veg oil, and turn it on and the inside turns brown. They say it seasons the fryer.

I Used a med size chicken to test it out. I used some creole/butter marinade and injected it into the bird. I brushed on some peanut oil, and seasoned the outside with some creole rub.

Id suggest picking one of these up, it helps keep the bird upright so it wont lean in the basket. Amazon.com: Bayou Classic 0880-PDQ Stainless-Steel Beercan ChickCAN Rack: Patio, Lawn & Garden I just set the bird on the stand and put in into the basket, good to go.

I got the same one at bed/bath/beyond.

It took about an hour for the bird to reach temp. The skin was crispy and the inside was very juicy. You can also use this to cook other foods as well.

i just had fried turkey,fried in peanut oil and damn good,only to 47 minutes and done

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131