advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone here have tried to create ur own supplement line?

if you send me a CREE wife beater ill wear it while lifting :cool:

has to be comfy tho

We're going to make stringer tank tops and caps for promotion.
Heck yeah! They'll be comfortable. :D

Cool! That's great that you saw CREE already. The key to Amazon is moving up their search engine with lots of 5 star reviews. It's going to be fun to build things. :D

Oh I'll be sure to bump that ass to the top for you! I've only bought bpc from Superior cause of you so I'll keep supporting you guys.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk 2

Hey John- Just took a look at your supplement line over at Amazon. Is advertising the biggest hurdle? Do you need IFBB Pros to endorse? Man, seems like everybody and their mother are offering nutritional products these days. You, being a smart businessman, must have a bullet-proof business plan. Well, at least be confident in your plan!:headbang:

Yes, advertising is the tough part. It's crazy expensive to do Google ads and Amazon ads that get your products at the top of nutritional searches. My buddy is the expert in advertising so he'll get the products up the amazon ranking system. I'm going to concentrate on advertising here and Facebook, Twitter, etc.
I think with Amazon, sales will grow exponentially since they get an insane amount of views. Once the products move up the search rank order it should be a slam dunk, assuming great reviews and customer service.
My partner told me one nutrition company on Amazon carries only a dozen products, and in 2 years time does $12 million gross per year.

Oh I'll be sure to bump that ass to the top for you! I've only bought bpc from Superior cause of you so I'll keep supporting you guys.

I appreciate a lot. I'll get some deep discount coupons to give out here.

Yes, advertising is the tough part. It's crazy expensive to do Google ads and Amazon ads that get your products at the top of nutritional searches. My buddy is the expert in advertising so he'll get the products up the amazon ranking system. I'm going to concentrate on advertising here and Facebook, Twitter, etc.
I think with Amazon, sales will grow exponentially since they get an insane amount of views. Once the products move up the search rank order it should be a slam dunk, assuming great reviews and customer service.
My partner told me one nutrition company on Amazon carries only a dozen products, and in 2 years time does $12 million gross per year.

I'm going to try a few, for sure!!! Good luck, Man!

My buddy and I just created our own nutritional supplement line called CREE Nutrition. We will be sponsors here by Monday I believe. We sell all our products on Amazon.com
It took us a few month to have our private line of nutritional products create me in a USA FDA approved manufacturing facility. We have 11 supplements now and are adding 40 more in the next 3 months.
I'm real excited to transition from the peptide industry into nutritional supplements. The FDA has a hard-on for peptides. It's no longer safe to sell them.
That is awesome JJB. I will check em out on amazon [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

seems like a heavily saturated industry with massive amounts of capital required to even get started..

no doubt significant legal and regulatory hurdles that must be covered as well..

im sure Dante could chime in regarding the operating costs, and what kinda margins are the industry standard (they would no doubt be razor thin for the first several years... assuming you were actually able to create a profit).

definitely not the course I would recommend.

Ive been planning to write a huge post here but its my daughters birthday weekend so ive been uber busy...try ti get to it as soon as i get a spare moment

only a few will make it and do well long term. when I say long term I mean 5, 10, 15 years. like someone said you need the right connections and you will need a good amount of money and have a serious drive to be successful, not easy. pitbul message explains it, you cant compete with big companies, they have to much money. I guess it all depends on how much money you want to make. if you want to make it a career it wont be easy. my guess is you have to have hundreds of thousands to even try to compete, if not millions. maybe I am wrong

Last edited:
I'm doing it now. And wow what a world this business is. Insanity and LOTS of capital needed for start up. LOTS. Would love Dante to chime in to either encourage or better yet discourage you from doing it... as no one knows better than him....

I have a successful biz so I can also do my own supp line on the "side" and not worry if it makes money (it will - it's a niche brand) but it's hard for the average guy I'll be honest. It's $$$$$, time and connections.

Could not agree more with the bold up above....If I started my company that I have today at this very moment, it would probably take me and im not kidding....8 million dollars to start it....im talking my company and how it is set up...the FDA paperwork and people you need to hire.....good god....the FDA (in my opinion) has taken the start up entrepreneur right out of the supplement game. Because of the minimums that manufacturers like me have to abide to and all the testing that both manufacturers and RETAIL companies (<---and retail companies dont know this! They think if there is an FDA audit that the manufacturer is under the microscope and the manufacturer only)...the testing costs are ridiculous. See that post on my facebook page and the posts after it showing all my testing? https://www.facebook.com/dante.trudel.5/posts/10153694787311053 I am paying well well well into 5 figures a month for testing. You see why all these start up companies disappear... they start up in a garage or small warehouse and do nothing GMP--nothing. And they hope on a wing and a prayer the FDA doesnt come in because they will be shut down immediately with "Show us this batch and all your testing SOP's and 3rd party testing matching COA's"...... So many people in this industry dont know what it is like to go thru the FDA audit until they show up to your door with their badge and introduction....and you go thru a week of severe scrutiny....it will happen to every company that starts gaining sales....every single one....and as the RETAIL end you better have the matching testing of your manufacturer inhouse or youll see your business get taken apart. FDA warning letter highlights obligations of private label distributors

The FDA (this was told to us by FDA agents twice now) have software crawling facebook and the web for keywords that they feel should be scrutinized.....and they go and knock on the door of these companies when they see advertising copy that needs verified testing or proof behind it.......secondly if someones manufacturer gets audited and that manufacturer goes thru a battle with the FDA....and you have sales pending....get ready because you will have no product to sell at all.....I saw this happen two years ago with one of the most known companies in the supplement world who contracted their products out to be made......the FDA came in and took apart their manufacturer and BOOM that company had no more product being made and had to start from scratch......<----thats a huge huge endeavor....flavor testing/product testing/ one companys chocolate that you use right now is not going to taste like the next companys product.......I could go all day with this stuff and will hit more when i come back but my main point is i started in 2003 and I molded and morphed thru all the FDA changes....I personally made more money back in 2007 than I do now....(sad isnt it)....but the FDA has made this so expensive its ridiculous.....remember when you could buy a 5lb jug of protein for 35-38 bucks or so? Thats freaking gone and thats not because whey is thru the roof...its because all the testing you need to do and all the hoops you need to jump thru to be a legit company.

Last edited:
This is what your scrutinized to.... this is your obligation

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/CFRSearch.cfm?CFRPart=111

And a boatload of people in this industry dont do the above...and they try to scoot around the FDA's eyes for as long as they can.

If you are a retail guy and think all you have to say is "well i didnt know, thats my manufacturers fault" thinking you are then free and clear.....good luck to you because I guarantee they will say "No No No, it is your responsibility as the retail company to......."

Its just how they work

Once you get over a threshold of sales....you will be visited by the FDA regularly

I wonder if a large contribution to the Clinton Foundation would significantly cut down on the FDA scrutiny? :D

I wonder if a large contribution to the Clinton Foundation would significantly cut down on the FDA scrutiny? :D

Why are you assuming she is gonna win in November? I like the joke btw.

This is what your scrutinized to.... this is your obligation

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/CFRSearch.cfm?CFRPart=111

And a boatload of people in this industry dont do the above...and they try to scoot around the FDA's eyes for as long as they can.

If you are a retail guy and think all you have to say is "well i didnt know, thats my manufacturers fault" thinking you are then free and clear.....good luck to you because I guarantee they will say "No No No, it is your responsibility as the retail company to......."

Its just how they work

Once you get over a threshold of sales....you will be visited by the FDA regularly

This threshold of sales you mention. Are you saying that the manufacturing facility will be visited more often, your products will be under greater scrutiny or both?

Because we all know that most supplement companies don't manufacture there own supplements and the facilities they do manufacture at more then likely are already beyond that threshold of sales if that manufacturer is also making other large supplement brands, along with other types of food products that they manufacture other then supplements.....and if you're manufacturing at a larger facility then more often then not this manufacturer is already under the eye of the FDA and has to make sure clean rooms are clean, compounds are correct etc etc...........What would be riskier is getting ones supplement manufactured at a smaller facility.

Just curious...wasn't sure what you meant exactly.

The FDA looks like it can be really nasty. Went after Parillo

Could not agree more with the bold up above....If I started my company that I have today at this very moment, it would probably take me and im not kidding....8 million dollars to start it....im talking my company and how it is set up...the FDA paperwork and people you need to hire.....good god....the FDA (in my opinion) has taken the start up entrepreneur right out of the supplement game. Because of the minimums that manufacturers like me have to abide to and all the testing that both manufacturers and RETAIL companies (<---and retail companies dont know this! They think if there is an FDA audit that the manufacturer is under the microscope and the manufacturer only)...the testing costs are ridiculous. See that post on my facebook page and the posts after it showing all my testing? https://www.facebook.com/dante.trudel.5/posts/10153694787311053 I am paying well well well into 5 figures a month for testing. You see why all these start up companies disappear... they start up in a garage or small warehouse and do nothing GMP--nothing. And they hope on a wing and a prayer the FDA doesnt come in because they will be shut down immediately with "Show us this batch and all your testing SOP's and 3rd party testing matching COA's"...... So many people in this industry dont know what it is like to go thru the FDA audit until they show up to your door with their badge and introduction....and you go thru a week of severe scrutiny....it will happen to every company that starts gaining sales....every single one....and as the RETAIL end you better have the matching testing of your manufacturer inhouse or youll see your business get taken apart. FDA warning letter highlights obligations of private label distributors

The FDA (this was told to us by FDA agents twice now) have software crawling facebook and the web for keywords that they feel should be scrutinized.....and they go and knock on the door of these companies when they see advertising copy that needs verified testing or proof behind it.......secondly if someones manufacturer gets audited and that manufacturer goes thru a battle with the FDA....and you have sales pending....get ready because you will have no product to sell at all.....I saw this happen two years ago with one of the most known companies in the supplement world who contracted their products out to be made......the FDA came in and took apart their manufacturer and BOOM that company had no more product being made and had to start from scratch......<----thats a huge huge endeavor....flavor testing/product testing/ one companys chocolate that you use right now is not going to taste like the next companys product.......I could go all day with this stuff and will hit more when i come back but my main point is i started in 2003 and I molded and morphed thru all the FDA changes....I personally made more money back in 2007 than I do now....(sad isnt it)....but the FDA has made this so expensive its ridiculous.....remember when you could buy a 5lb jug of protein for 35-38 bucks or so? Thats freaking gone and thats not because whey is thru the roof...its because all the testing you need to do and all the hoops you need to jump thru to be a legit company.

Not sure how this turned out, but it looks like he is still in business. Big setback I would imagine. He produces his own it looks like.

**broken link removed**

Ive been planning to write a huge post here but its my daughters birthday weekend so ive been uber busy...try ti get to it as soon as i get a spare moment

I have a daughter too. She's the best thing that has ever happened to me and I love celebrating her birthday. I hope your daughter has a great birthday.

Come Jan 20 it would work well. :)

Sad day for america.

Not sure how this turned out, but it looks like he is still in business. Big setback I would imagine. He produces his own it looks like.

**broken link removed**

I work for one of the top pharm companies in the US and the world and the scrutiny that they put supplement companies under is pretty much the gambit they come at us with, and has led standard GMP inspections to be delayed for a year or more sometimes cause they are so overworked.

It's a bit intimidating when they are at the front guard station with their guns and flash their badges.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear