over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone here still using DC Training?

No it isn't at all.

I'm not dissing your methods by saying it's a variation of HIT, nor I'm dissing HIT or any other training philosophy.

I just think that if there wasn't HIT, probably we wouldn't see DC the way it is. I do understand that there's more volume and sets on your method, but the concept of 1 set to failure is still somewhat derived from HIT.

No it isn't at all.

If you guys were curious because Im older, have been lifting for so long this is how I personally do things

Sunday chest (rear delts for my own personal reason) abs
1)incline smith 4 progressively heavier sets up to all out rest pause set for 16-20rp
2) another incline movement (3 progressive warmups) one all out rest pause set for 16-20rp
3) flat or decline movement (3 progressive warmups) one all out straight set
4) reverse grip flat smith machine presses (im good at these so I like these for chest and triceps) (3 progressive warmups) one all out straight set
(done chest)
-------------------------------------------
rear delts- after warmups one all out rest pause set for 16-20 reps (I do these for my own personal reason of health/balance/injury prevention)
abs all out set of incline situps followed by incline crunches

Blasphemy!!!! now if I counted warmups how many sets am I doing for chest?

17 sets!!! How is that HIT?

Monday Biceps and forearms and calves
biceps exercise #1 after warmups restpaused
biceps exercise #2 after warmups straight setted
biceps exercise #3 after warmups Hammer curl straight setted
forearms straightsetted exercise
leg press calves warmups and all out rest pause set for 20-30
soleus machine calves warmups and all out rest pause set for 20-24

Tuesday
Hams
2 exercises both restpaused after warmups
quads 3 exercises straight setted after warmups but I do higher reps now at my age
adductor machine rest paused after warmups

Wenesday off

Thursday shoulders and triceps
Shoulder press warmups and all out rest pause
lateral raise warmups and all out rest pause
different version shoulder press warmups and all out rest pause
Triceps PJR extensions warmups and all out straight set
EZ bar extensions warmups and all out rest pause set
DIP Machine warmups and all out rest pause set

Friday Back
because its on a machine seated Heavy row warmups and all out rest pause
One arm Hammer pulldown machine warmups and all out rest pause
pulldown machine, rack chins or similar warmups and all out rest pause
rack deadlifts straight setted

done

Saturday off

The whole concept of DC training has and will always be get as big as humanly possible as quickly as possible.

When your much smaller and not up to snuff size wise that is training bodyparts often with the same concepts as above but with less exercises so you can recover and train that bodypart again quickly.

when you are intermediate you add exercises that feel necessary but lose a little in the frequency department

when you are advanced you still do a low workload (after warmups) but you do more exercises with the same rest pause concepts.....

this is the strongest statement I can ever ever ever say about bodybuilding. In my opinion the most important thing in this endeavor is mechanical positioning. It is the make or break of it. Everyone who isn't gaining loses sleep that they aren't doing
a) enough sets
b) too much sets
c) are in the wrong rep range
d) etc

Its a bunch of bullshit.....Do you know what you aren't doing if you aren't gaining size? One of two things mainly...You are not training progressively.....which most smart people who have figured out training know they have to do so that's the lesser problem......THE MAIN PROBLEM IS MECHANICAL POSITIONING. You need to put yourself into positions in exercises unique to your own bodies structure and then get progressive with those mechanical positions. Do you think people ever do this....NEVER!!!! They have shitty arms and have been training for 8 years and still do the same 4-8 bicep movements and the same 4-8 tricep movements they have just proven to themselves for the last 8 years HAVENT WORKED FOR THEM!!! Yet they keep thinking "well maybe im not doing enough sets, maybe im doing too many sets, maybe im in the wrong rep range....NO! You are doing the wrong exercises for your unique physical makeup.

Want to know an exercise that works for virtually everyone.
Squats...Not everyone but for the majority taking 135 for 12-20 squats and bringing that up to 405-500 pound squats for 12-20 reps are going to make your quads monstrous....almost universally...and with your connections and genetics and shape....the outcome will be determined by your unique genetics.

So there is an example of an exercise that is almost universally beneficial to people...but there is a slew of exercises that don't work...just don't plain work for people ....and its your job as a bodybuilder to tweak and experiment and put yourself into mechanical positions until you think "AHHHH there it is....I think that is it....now I have to get progressive with this"

Ill give you an example. A lot of people myself included...barbell curls and cable curls and dumbbell curls really don't do much for us. We do the same things the majority of people do bicep wise but there isn't much of a result. I have to find exercises that do two things
a) stabilize my elbow totally
b) pull my arm backwards first before I begin the curl process (maybe ill put up a video and show this)

Lats--a lot of people do the same same same exercises year after year over and over and they have proven to themselves (although they wont admit) that these exercises the way they are doing them aren't doing jack shit for themselves.

I can spend 30 minutes with someone (and have Just ask Dusty Hanshaw or Justin Harris who I showed a few tweaks in person) and show someone how to transform a simple lat movement that hasn't worked for the last 5 years to something that starts packing on width from that moment onward

So what im trying to put out there for thought process is....stop worrying so much about "am I doing enough? am I doing too much?" and start really putting some thought about the mechanical positions you are in, the stretches you are in, the pauses you in in, the angles you are in that have proven over time to work for you or NOT work for you

I would love to see that bicep video. Makes me think of the spider curls I saw on the DC DVD a few years back.

I have still been trying to figure out to get my lats to pop like you always elude to. Been hammering my weighted hangs and really trying to focus on relaxing into the stretch, but no luck yet.

I am curious about these lat tweaks too. I wonder if you have any good tips for Rack Chins? I always seems to have trouble getting the leg placement right...

Great post as usual, Dante!

I'm not dissing your methods by saying it's a variation of HIT, nor I'm dissing HIT or any other training philosophy.

I just think that if there wasn't HIT, probably we wouldn't see DC the way it is. I do understand that there's more volume and sets on your method, but the concept of 1 set to failure is still somewhat derived from HIT.

Here is my problem. why do the HIT guys own a certain category? Ive never read a HIT book the best I can remember. Ive never read one book by Author Jones. Why do the HIT guys look at something and go "oh yea that's part of us".... I remember that kind of rankled Dorian Yates back in the day that the HIT guys were trying to take credit for his training.

Mentzer was nuts. The guy at the end had people doing one set (with minimal warmups) per bodypart sometimes once a month!

I really just don't count warmups---everyone else does but I always thought it was kind of foolish to count something you've done 1000 times before.

Most people do this

incline press

135 x 16
185 x 12
225 x 10
275 x 8
325 x all out set

they tell everyone they did 5 sets of incline
I tell everyone I did one workset on incline

Dennis Wolf could say the above and tell everyone that he did 5 sets on incline barbell press.

Dennis Wolf could say the above and tell everyone that he did 1 workset on incline barbell press and the HIT guys would tell everyone within shouting distance that "Dennis Wolf is doing HIT training and is one of them"

Again I don't see how those guys own something like that

oh i get what ur saying HIT is one style or program and DC is its own seperate style. i think some people see it as if you do a lot of sets its volume training if you do minimal sets its HIT style training no matter how its setup. i gotta admit thats what came to mind when i first read about it, but then got the dvd and realized this is something totally different. i hope im not way off here.

also ive never counted warms ups that just ridiculous to me. you count the sets thats gunna put some muscle on ya.

one page and already: DC made me fat and DC is a version of hit...

oh I miss my days on intense muscle.:) it was like this every f day.

I haven't posted there in a long time... Just isn't the same...

No it isn't at all.

If you guys were curious because Im older, have been lifting for so long this is how I personally do things

1)incline smith 4 progressively heavier sets up to all out rest pause set for 16-20rp
2) another incline movement (3 progressive warmups) one all out rest pause set for 16-20rp
4) reverse grip flat smith machine presses (im good at these so I like these for chest and triceps) (3 progressive warmups) one all out straight set
(done chest)
rear delts- after warmups one all out rest pause set for 16-20 reps (I do these for my own personal reason of health/balance/injury prevention)

Tuesday
Hams
quads 3 exercises straight setted after warmups but I do higher reps now at my age

Wenesday off

Friday Back

done

Saturday off

The whole concept of DC training has and will always be get as big as humanly possible as quickly as possible.

When your much smaller and not up to snuff size wise that is training bodyparts often with the same concepts as above but with less exercises so you can recover and train that bodypart again quickly.

when you are intermediate you add exercises that feel necessary but lose a little in the frequency department

when you are advanced you still do a low workload (after warmups) but you do more exercises with the same rest pause concepts.....

this is the strongest statement I can ever ever ever say about bodybuilding. In my opinion the most important thing in this endeavor is mechanical positioning. It is the make or break of it. Everyone who isn't gaining loses sleep that they aren't doing
a) enough sets
b) too much sets
d) etc

Its a bunch of bullshit.....Do you know what you aren't doing if you aren't gaining size? One of two things mainly...You are not training progressively.....which most smart people who have figured out training know they have to do so that's the lesser problem......THE MAIN PROBLEM IS MECHANICAL POSITIONING. You need to put yourself into positions in exercises unique to your own bodies structure and then get progressive with those mechanical positions. Do you think people ever do this....NEVER!!!! They have shitty arms and have been training for 8 years and still do the same 4-8 bicep movements and the same 4-8 tricep movements they have just proven to themselves for the last 8 years HAVENT WORKED FOR THEM!!! Yet they keep thinking "well maybe im not doing enough sets, maybe im doing too many sets, maybe im in the wrong rep range....NO! You are doing the wrong exercises for your unique physical makeup.

Squats...Not everyone but for the majority taking 135 for 12-20 squats and bringing that up to 405-500 pound squats for 12-20 reps are going to make your quads monstrous....almost universally...and with your connections and genetics and shape....the outcome will be determined by your unique genetics.

So there is an example of an exercise that is almost universally beneficial to people...but there is a slew of exercises that don't work...just don't plain work for people ....and its your job as a bodybuilder to tweak and experiment and put yourself into mechanical positions until you think "AHHHH there it is....I think that is it....now I have to get progressive with this"

Ill give you an example. A lot of people myself included...barbell curls and cable curls and dumbbell curls really don't do much for us. We do the same things the majority of people do bicep wise but there isn't much of a result. I have to find exercises that do two things
b) pull my arm backwards first before I begin the curl process (maybe ill put up a video and show this)

Lats--a lot of people do the same same same exercises year after year over and over and they have proven to themselves (although they wont admit) that these exercises the way they are doing them aren't doing jack shit for themselves.

I can spend 30 minutes with someone (and have Just ask Dusty Hanshaw or Justin Harris who I showed a few tweaks in person) and show someone how to transform a simple lat movement that hasn't worked for the last 5 years to something that starts packing on width from that moment onward

So what im trying to put out there for thought process is....stop worrying so much about "am I doing enough? am I doing too much?" and start really putting some thought about the mechanical positions you are in, the stretches you are in, the pauses you in in, the angles you are in that have proven over time to work for you or NOT work for you

I'm all starry eyed....

No it isn't at all.

(done chest)

Tuesday
Hams

Wenesday off

Friday Back

done

Saturday off

a) enough sets
b) too much sets
d) etc

this is gold :headbang:

I did DC longer than any other program. Its just that good....then my workouts we still inspired by DC, with more frequency. I just recently switched to Fortitude Training, knowing what true failure is (something years of DC taught ) i know what it is, and what a rep left in the tank really feels like.

Here is my problem. why do the HIT guys own a certain category? Ive never read a HIT book the best I can remember. Ive never read one book by Author Jones. Why do the HIT guys look at something and go "oh yea that's part of us"...

Fine...

I didn't know it was such a sensitive subject.

Fine...

Allex, there's a whole cult of HIT guy's that you dont want your style associated with. Even if there are plenty of similarities.

it's better to say heavy and low volume.

I love DC Training and I did it for a good 2 years straight.

I've stopped doing it because it became a bit hard for me to tweak it around to fit my needs and work around certain injuries.

Great training method. I still use rest-pauses from time to time. What I've really taken home from DC Training is that it's always best to thrust on the big compound exercises and just work progressively instead of trying to get too fancy and complex with your training.

Last edited:
No it isn't at all.

(done chest)

Tuesday
Hams

Wenesday off

Friday Back

done

Saturday off

a) enough sets
b) too much sets
d) etc

THANKS DANTE, your posts are always informative and your concepts in training definitely made a positive difference in my training.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

Fine...

hes prolly heard it so many times. that its frustrating. im sure it was nothing against you bro. your good people!

I dont wanna speak for Dante or anyone else who teachs the ways of DC but DC training is so much more than just the 2 way or 3 way split.

This is how i view it in my eyes. DC was introduced with the 2 way and 3 way split, as these are the methods that Dante found progressed his clients the fastest. In my opinion its not HIT and its not Volume, its a solid mix of both. If you are training progressively week to week, getting stronger in key lifts, wether its weight or reps, then your DC training.

Random here but if i remeber correctly there was a time when Justin Harris was doing DC and it was a 2 way and 3 way split he would do

bicep, fore back
chest shoulder tricep
legs
off
chest,shoulder,tri,back width, back thick
bicep, forearm, calves hams quads
off
repeat

its not dc as its been laid out all over the internet but its still DC

I am just amazed at people sometimes. Someone notified me this morning about the following

I never wrote a book.

This guy took my posts that I leave on a board like this one professional muscle..... puts my posts together.....and then has the AUDACITY TO PUT MY NAME ON IT!!!.....and is selling it on ebay

**broken link removed**

Don't know who he is, never been contacted by him....I just know Ive never written a book. It bugs me more that he puts my name on the cover like I wrote it for him to sell.

I don't even know if correct info is in that book.

Last edited:
I am just amazed at people sometimes. Someone notified me this morning about the following

I never wrote a book.

This guy took my posts that I leave on a board like this one professional muscle..... puts my posts together.....and then has the AUDACITY TO PUT MY NAME ON IT!!!.....and is selling it on ebay

**broken link removed**

Don't know who he is, never been contacted by him....I just know Ive never written a book. It bugs me more that he puts my name on the cover like I wrote it for him to sell.

Apparently he has done the same with Scott S,

**broken link removed**

Or is either selling Scott's book without permission.

I never wrote a book.

**broken link removed**

I can take care of him for you for some free protein:D

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner