over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone here train twice per day?

Landmonster

Registered
So first of all.... who here trains twice a day? I have a few questions about it.

Question 1)
Do you feel like there's any merit to training twice in a day, vs. once... if the overall volume remains the same?

For example

A) Quads, Hamstrings, Calves.

B) AM: Quads
PM: Hamstrings, Calves

Would option B have any advantages over A?

Question 2)

Is there any maximal workout length that you've discovered? I used to read things like "you shouldn't workout more than 45 minutes" or whatever, for various pseudo-scientific reasons.

Is there any scientific merit to this, and if so, does it apply to the AAS + GH using athlete?

(If so... this might lead me to start training twice a day or shortening workouts.)

I don't know many that do. If you are taining hard enough I can't imagine you would want to

I can assure you that under your scenario that if you really killed your quads in the AM then your hamstring workout in the PM would be suboptimal to some degree.

I can assure you that under your scenario that if you really killed your quads in the AM then your hamstring workout in the PM would be suboptimal to some degree.

Perhaps. But wouldn't it also be sub optimal if you trained them immediately after quads in the morning? (In the same workout)

Most don't train quads then hams in their workout - they train legs.

For example:
Squats
Leg Press
Hack Squat
Stiff Leg Deads
Extensions
Curls

The four compound lifts work both quads and hams to some extent.

I'm training twice a day 3x per week. I split it up like this.

Monday
am arms/calves
Pm legs

Tuesday
Am back (light)
Pm chest/ shoulders (heavy)

Thursday
Am arms/calves
Pm back (heavy)

Saturday
Chest/shoulders/calves

This allows me to get 7 in per week and still have rest days. This is the compromise that my wife and I have made so I can still have time with the family and train.

Perhaps. But wouldn't it also be sub optimal if you trained them immediately after quads in the morning? (In the same workout)

What would your quad exercises be in the am? Squats, leg press lunges all hit the hamstrings also. Easy to over train when splitting them up in my experince. Maybe once or twice a month for a shock

ive tried it before... honestly if you have like a home gym or dont have a job, maybe it works, but the stress of driving to the gym twice and training twice and trying to balance life and get sleep and eat and cook all your meals.... good luck with that

I experimented with it recently to avoid doing cardio. It's not necessary but I can't see how it hurts. I think it's good for maintaining or leaning down. Notice how many ifbb pros do this. I am guessing they only started to after they got huge.

2xday=overtraining (weight lifting)

2xday(or more)=perfectl(sex)

:D

I followed the Big beyond belief twice a day 6 day per week program... brutal.

I ran the entire BBB program and really liked it but this was before I knew what I do now about nutrition (I was 18) and didn't have a lot of life stress to worry about. I was also a trainer at a gym so I was able to work out the two a days easy.

If I had proper nutrition it would have been great for growth. I did gain strength and stayed very lean.

ive tried it before... honestly if you have like a home gym or dont have a job, maybe it works, but the stress of driving to the gym twice and training twice and trying to balance life and get sleep and eat and cook all your meals.... good luck with that

Yeah, I did it when I was in college and at home during the summer from college and that's all I did all day. I cant imagine doing it as an adult when you have work and family.

I do think it was superior for me though. I would take about a 1-2 hour nap in the afternoon too after my first lift and a good meal.

This approach to hitting the same muscle group in the same day is very popular with the eastern block athletes

They often squatted in the morn then would do plyo type explosive stuff later on

As people have said a home gym is your friend for this sort of thing.

Today I'm training upper body but then later tonight I'm doing heavy sled pulls for lower body recovery and conditioning. I trained legs two days ago

I tried that many years ago. I love to lift but after a while twice a day gets old. I also saw better results training once a day mainly because I felt like I was already broke down and just over training.

I did today, just for a change - and I had extra free time.

Cardio in the AM, heavy back/traps/lats in PM - felt powerful and got a good pump.

I go almost every day and hit smaller groups and change things up a lot.

ymmv

as a father i try to minimize bb-ing in my life. i get up at 5am. cook my meals and my kids meals. working out shortly after 6am. i couldn't train twice a day.

optimally i do think twice a day for a 2-3 week blast would be productive. i guess it depends on how you define overtraining but your nervous system can last a couple weeks. tons of calories and anadrol. lol.

those little blasts can push you harder than you could for a 6-8 week blast. like a 531 wendler system for exxample.

Last edited:
I have and I do,, in different phases of my training,,,but if I trained 2x per day all the time I would surely overtrain.

Ah! Nice to see some on here believe that its possible to overtrain ! Too many think that its just a matter of eating more or taking more drugs to avoid it.

Imagine dealing with gym people twice a day and dealing with traffic twice a day. Oh the headaches. You'll probably OD on Advil before you over train.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner