over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone here with sleep apnea issues?

He’s right that it is absolutely a common fact

Not common fact otherwise everyone would know about sleep apnea , unless someone has it I doubt they'd research it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My insurance went to shit and I now have a 3k deductible. I'm assuming to have a sleep study done/buying apap it would cost around 3k?
Anyone just buy an APAP without a script before?

I had really bad sleep apnea when I was 200lbs at 6’1 so you can have it at any size. I’ve had a cpap since 2009 and I can’t live without it. It took me a few days to get used to it and now I couldn’t sleep without it if I tried. For those who had trouble breathing out with one, look into a BiPap machine.

I've got a sleep study set up by the VA tomorrow. I'm sick of being tired all the time, I want to see what good sleep actually feels like.

My insurance went to shit and I now have a 3k deductible. I'm assuming to have a sleep study done/buying apap it would cost around 3k?
Anyone just buy an APAP without a script before?

The in home sleep study can range from $150 to $500 and is required to get the machine, you will also need a doc to write a script to buy new, the one I use can be bought online new for just under $1k new with a mask or they make one without data logging, bluetooth etc for about half that. I used my Blue Cross since my ded was met and the local cpap co billed them over $2k! Go figure. You could just by the used one like other have said, get a new mask online for $100 and bypass the dr, ins and all the hassles involved. My .02 for what its worth.

You say it like this is a common fact ,, lol I mean if using that machine what changes the game ?? Does it make you have a better deeper sleep ? Does it make breathing clearer ,, what exactly is the game changer ??

When you enter REM sleep your body goes into a mini state of paralysis. This keeps you from actually physically responding to your dreams, you know, like actually jumping out of a window to get away from the monster. With sleep apnea this also can cause your airway to collapse in your throat. Once your oxygen level drops a shot of Adrenalin wakes you up and starts you breathing again. It also brings you out of REM sleep which is where you get your true sleep. You aren't awake long enough to consciously remember waking up.

My sleep study showed me waking up 26 times an hour. That's considered moderate. Imagine not only waking up that often without realizing the lack of sleep, but imagine the stress on your heart from 26 jolts of Adreniline.

Also, despite the common belief of bodyweight and such being an indicator, my doctor told me to thank my parents for my apnea. He said the far and away leading factor in apnea is the shape of your throat, genetics. Once I was diagnosed and talked to other people, learning they had it there was no common body size or fitness level to them.

Not common fact otherwise everyone would know about sleep apnea , unless someone has it I doubt they'd research it

Maybe not a "common" fact but still a fact

CPAP allows you to get the oxygen you need at a normal rate. As opposed to slowly strangling the cells of your body and brain. It can take awhile for the cells to get saturated again after yo wake from my understanding. And if the muscles are getting more O2 then would recover faster and size and strength gains could increase more I would assume.

The in home sleep study can range from $150 to $500 and is required to get the machine, you will also need a doc to write a script to buy new, the one I use can be bought online new for just under $1k new with a mask or they make one without data logging, bluetooth etc for about half that. I used my Blue Cross since my ded was met and the local cpap co billed them over $2k! Go figure. You could just by the used one like other have said, get a new mask online for $100 and bypass the dr, ins and all the hassles involved. My .02 for what its worth.
Thanks man
What about this? I just searched APAP on amazon and this popped up.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B077H6BJG3/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A18GF7MZJ7CF7X&psc=1

I have a 22" neck, So, Ya Sleep apnea! Was not bad at 18"...
I hate my machine though. It forces to Much air in and I find it hard to Exhale!!!
TRUTH^^^^^

reason why my doc had to get me a bidirectional cpap, now i can breathe out, but it stil blows, the time for exhale causes me to shorten my breath and causes anxiety because im not exhaling the whole amount, but way better than th standard cpap

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

do u snore?
I dont snore yet have sleep apnea, i wonder why most of the majority snore and have sleep apnea, yet i dont snore and have it, weird to me

I have a BIPAP that self-adjusts. BTW, being over-weight and having sleep apnea are not necessarily related, but the probability is increased when one is overweight.

Respironics DreamWear Gel Pillow. Can be purchased from Amazon. Most comfortable I have ever worn, and the fact that the hose connection is up top is a great benefit because you no longer have the hose hanging across your body which can itself cause you to be uncomfortable. Additionally,the position of the hose allows for back and side sleeping.

global-001-1024x675.jpg

Thats the kind I use and it makes a HUGE difference. Resmed is the machine I use.

When you enter REM sleep your body goes into a mini state of paralysis. This keeps you from actually physically responding to your dreams, you know, like actually jumping out of a window to get away from the monster. With sleep apnea this also can cause your airway to collapse in your throat. Once your oxygen level drops a shot of Adrenalin wakes you up and starts you breathing again. It also brings you out of REM sleep which is where you get your true sleep. You aren't awake long enough to consciously remember waking up.

My sleep study showed me waking up 26 times an hour. That's considered moderate. Imagine not only waking up that often without realizing the lack of sleep, but imagine the stress on your heart from 26 jolts of Adreniline.

Also, despite the common belief of bodyweight and such being an indicator, my doctor told me to thank my parents for my apnea. He said the far and away leading factor in apnea is the shape of your throat, genetics. Once I was diagnosed and talked to other people, learning they had it there was no common body size or fitness level to them.

Yes my grandfather gets it , I've inherited most of he's genetics so this thread spiked my interest ...and that's exactly what's happening to me, waking up choking nearly about to throw up ,,,or I let out long ghostly sounding groans hahah the first time my girl heard it she thought I was possessed ...some days I wake feeling i haven't slept at all,,,some days I'm fine ...I get to sleep easily enough but feels as though I don't go into a deep sleep

Has anyone used one of the Apps out there to track your sleep?

Any idea if it picks up on apnea? Personally I use "Sleep Cycle.

What setting for tube and i guess the lower is humidity???

What does everybody keep these at

I HAVE to have cool air, or i straight panic mode

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Would also be interested in some feedback on this machine...

There was a few of thsee machines in stock yesterday; I guess a few lurkers bought them haha.

Are there no cpap experts on here? Amazon has 4 or 5 different ones and all "seem" legit.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear