over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone interested in "Grass Fed Beef"?

Would you be interested in buying grass fed beef to be shipped to you?

• Hell ya, Ill buy it all day long.

Votes: 59 64.8%
  • Ya, I usually eat chicken or fish but some Grass fed beef now and then is good too.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • I buy whats on sale and in the store. I don't care where it came from.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • No, I never eat beef and if I did I would grab it local.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'd be interested, but storage is my problem. Living in NYC it is very hard to find this kind of product unless you are willing to pay an extreme amount for it. The bigger problem for me is lack of storage space. I don't have a garage or any place to throw a freezer. I had a litte chest freezer in my last place because I had basically a dorm fridge, but my current apartment doesn't have the space for the freezer. So in a long winded answer, I'd probably be interested in a sampler kind of pack since I can't keep a 1/4 or 1/2 cow in my current apt.

I'd be interested, but storage is my problem. Living in NYC it is very hard to find this kind of product unless you are willing to pay an extreme amount for it. The bigger problem for me is lack of storage space. I don't have a garage or any place to throw a freezer. I had a litte chest freezer in my last place because I had basically a dorm fridge, but my current apartment doesn't have the space for the freezer. So in a long winded answer, I'd probably be interested in a sampler kind of pack since I can't keep a 1/4 or 1/2 cow in my current apt.

Life in the city has its plusses and its minuses. Space is almost always a premium. We are getting closer and will definitely be able to get you what you want.
Thanks for the info. I sympathize with your predicament, and I do understand that for small farms, getting those certificates can be expensive and drive up prices.

So you are still subject to regular inspections by the FDA now, but just not certified organic, is that right? I have heard of that situation before. In fact, the butcher at my local Whole Foods (where they claim everything is organic) told me some of their ground beef comes from a farm in the same boat.

In any event, please keep me posted. I am happy to support independent farmers, and I am already having meat shipped and your prices are very competitive. It seems others can find cheaper meat on line, but I haven't found anything close that is grass-fed organic. The more information you can provide about farm operations, meat packing, shipping, etc, the better.

Ya thats the basics of it. We are still definitely considering it for the future.

I'd be interested in 4-6lbs a week, burger and filet mignon

Looks like burger is a big hit. I eat tons of it too, I always wondered if other people ate as much as I did.

Last edited:

Do you have a regular refrigerator with a freezer on top? I also live in a tiny apartment (<500 sq ft), but that's what I have, and I can easily fit 10–20lbs of meat, several bags of green veggies and meat bones for the dog. Ground beef and filets actually take up less space than poultry on a lb-per-lb basis because they doesn't contain bones.

Speaking of which, WARDOG, would you also sell the bones—the place I order my meat from now throws them in with an order of 15lbs or more. They are good for soup, which I rarely make, but they keep the dog entertained (and out of trouble) while I am at the gym.

Speaking of which, WARDOG, would you also sell the bones—the place I order my meat from now throws them in with an order of 15lbs or more. They are good for soup, which I rarely make, but they keep the dog entertained (and out of trouble) while I am at the gym.

Yes we sell the bones too. I guess I didn't put them on this list.
Some people use them in soup stock and others for their dogs.
They will definitely be available though.

Just double checked, I listed them as soup bones and meaty soup bones.

Last edited:
I'd be in for 7-10 lbs a week. I have a health food store about 2 blocks from my house and they charge around $6-7 a lb

We can grind the burger super lean if wanted.
Right now my mom is selling it in her small grocery store(its a specialty store so organics and such). You'll cry when you read this next part. She has the butchers currently turning the whole cows into burger. All the greats included like filet and t-bone all of it, lol. She had me come up with a price list for her store so she could tell the butchers what she wanted.

We butcher our own stuff too, but to sell in a store you need a licensed butcher to do the work.
So ya, right now its probably like average 85-15 but we may get like 3 levels of burger so we could go leaner for folks who want lean burger. We can definitely do sirloin burger. The leaner would of course be slightly more expensive but not much.

If its 85/15 you must be adding fat. Correct. I'd want mine to be somethin like 96/4

What breed of cows do you have?? At what age do you slaughter? When do you slaughter? Do you do custom ordering? (Can i get like a whole chuck from a cow for ground beef) Do you sell organ meat and bones?

I would be interested in bulk purchases.. Either 1/2 or 1/4 share.. Or maybe a bulk purchase of ground beef (50lbs)

I'd definintely consider as much as a half or whole at $3-$3.20 per pound. Definitely a fan of the leaner steak cuts, i.e. top round, top sirloin, filet and 90/10 or leaner ground beef. It's so hard to get grass fed cows around here. I have contacted so many local farmers and they're like "What do we feed them??? uhhhh... corn I think."

BEAST

If its 85/15 you must be adding fat. Correct. I'd want mine to be somethin like 96/4

Nah, usually the packers just dont trim the peices that are used for burger real well. When we make it at home I trim the hell out of it.
The meat packers we work with are real open minded though and trim the burger better than most. Our burger is probably leaner than that most of the time even when not requested. Thats just a safe estimate as it won't be fattier than that.
Once upon a time it was hard to get packers to do that(trim better). It was kind of a way to get rid of scraps and also it was thought that burger needed fat to stick together right. Now they have come around and see its not true.

What breed of cows do you have?? At what age do you slaughter? When do you slaughter? Do you do custom ordering? (Can i get like a whole chuck from a cow for ground beef) Do you sell organ meat and bones? We can have the burger processed how ever is preffered.
We do also sell some organ meat but its not common. We may set some aside and see if it sells.
Usually a mix of everything gets sold. Yearlings, calves and older cows as well.
We have to pick the ones that will calve good to keep and let the others go.
Shipping will be soon and thats when we sell 90% of what we sell. That won't effect the store or this business

I would be interested in bulk purchases.. Either 1/2 or 1/4 share.. Or maybe a bulk purchase of ground beef (50lbs
)
We raise Hereford's. The red and white cows you see so rarely anymore. It's a real shame most people think the black angus is a better cow when it just isn't true. Black angus are meaner and harder to handle and it shows in the meat. They tend to be a little tougher with less marbling. The Angus generally do well in captive settings like feedlots so the big companies have spread the suggestion through marketing that they are superior.

I'd definintely consider as much as a half or whole at $3-$3.20 per pound. Definitely a fan of the leaner steak cuts, i.e. top round, top sirloin, filet and 90/10 or leaner ground beef. It's so hard to get grass fed cows around here. I have contacted so many local farmers and they're like "What do we feed them??? uhhhh... corn I think."

BEAST
Ya it seems weird to me that this is more often the case.

I want to take a second and let everyone know I really appreciate the input thus far.
Our ranch hit some tough recently.
My Uncle died a couple months ago and my grandfather just passed on the 2nd of May. The whole family is having a hard time. These 2 were the main workforce and the ranch is and family is under quite a bit of strain.
This may delay things a little but we will pull through and still continue with this plan.

Last edited:
Nah, usually the packers just dont trim the peices that are used for burger real well. When we make it at home I trim the hell out of it.
The meat packers we work with are real open minded though and trim the burger better than most. Our burger is probably leaner than that most of the time even when not requested. Thats just a safe estimate as it won't be fattier than that.
Once upon a time it was hard to get packers to do that(trim better). It was kind of a way to get rid of scraps and also it was thought that burger needed fat to stick together right. Now they have come around and see its not true.

We raise Hereford's. The red and white cows you see so rarely anymore. It's a real shame most people think the black angus is a better cow when it just isn't true. Black angus are meaner and harder to handle and it shows in the meat. They tend to be a little tougher with less marbling. The Angus generally do well in captive settings like feedlots so the big companies have spread the suggestion through marketing that they are superior.

Ya it seems weird to me that this is more often the case.

I want to take a second and let everyone know I really appreciate the input thus far.
Our ranch hit some tough recently.
My Uncle died a couple months ago and my grandfather just passed on the 2nd of May. The whole family is having a hard time. These 2 were the main workforce and the ranch is and family is under quite a bit of strain.
This may delay things a little but we will pull through and still continue with this plan.

Sorry to hear about your Uncle and Grandfather. My prayers with you and your family.
Sometimes I would love to pack it up here in Phoenix and move back to the farm in VT. Good clean living, hard work and salt of the earth people.
I trust that everything will work out for you on the ranch. Keep the faith and let us know when it's time to order! :D Hereford are the best. That is what we raised for beef. Holstein for dairy!!!

Peace

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your Uncle and Grandfather. My prayers with you and your family.
Sometimes I would love to pack it up here in Phoenix and move back to the farm in VT. Good clean living, hard work and salt of the earth people.
I trust that everything will work out for you on the ranch. Keep the faith and let us know when it's time to order! :D Hereford are the best. That is what we raised for beef. Holstein for dairy!!!

Peace

Ya I may have to go back to help out for a while.
Thank you for the kind words as well.

Last edited:
best of luck

Family first. We aren't going anywhere but the gym. Take care of the family biz. Oh.. I'm in for a few pounds if you decide to procede forward.

Really sorry to hear that man. Your family is in my family's thoughts and prayers. Hope things turn around for your family soon :)

BEAST

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic