over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone kicked their energy drink habit?

Tim Zane

Registered
I have been drinking energy drinks (Monsters and Rockstars) every day for a few years. Personally, I just like the taste now because it really does nothing else. I was thinking of kicking them for health reasons. I was wondering what the health reason would be though. Haha. I think my blood pressure has gone up because of them but not sure if that's the culprit. It's about 138/78. And 5 years ago it was like 120/80 ish. Has anyone seen differences in blood work after quitting energy drinks? They are so good though and on my drive to work it's what I look forward to. I drive all the time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I kicked them pretty easily. Honestly got where I didn't like the taste anymore. Those things get expensive after a while

If nothing else save yourself a shit ton of money by not buying them. I don't buy that theyre inherently bad for you though

It's just flavored caffeine. Same as with coffee, not dangerous in moderation.

Look forward to my monster zero or rockstar zero every mid day :headbang:

At one point in time I owned a business and worked my main job -80 hrs a week total. I got rockstars for $0.50 at one pic the businesses I oversaw and drank 4-5 a day! I didn't drink enough water with them and got kidney stones- talk about pain!!! The dr said it wasn't them but the concentration and lack of water flushing. I quit them while shaking from the pain of passing kidney stones.

Better quit this habit or reduce the amount of intake. Energy drinks mostly contains caffeine. Caffeine and other compounds in energy drinks not only increase blood pressure, but also boost heart rate.
Caffeine can cause heart cells to release calcium,thus affect heartbeat. Besides, it also disrupt the normal balance of salt in the body, which can be linked to arrhythmia.

I have been drinking energy drinks (Monsters and Rockstars) every day for a few years. Personally, I just like the taste now because it really does nothing else. I was thinking of kicking them for health reasons. I was wondering what the health reason would be though. Haha. I think my blood pressure has gone up because of them but not sure if that's the culprit. It's about 138/78. And 5 years ago it was like 120/80 ish. Has anyone seen differences in blood work after quitting energy drinks? They are so good though and on my drive to work it's what I look forward to. I drive all the time.

I was like you, only really liked them for the taste for a few years. I just told myself I need to stop, in a week I didn't even miss it and felt better. Water, when you think of a Energy Drink, down some water and more water and the craving will go away

Believe or Not, never had One...
Except in Vegas Bombs!

Never had that B complex drink either but always looked intriguing.....

Last edited:
Better quit this habit or reduce the amount of intake. Energy drinks mostly contains caffeine. Caffeine and other compounds in energy drinks not only increase blood pressure, but also boost heart rate.
Caffeine can cause heart cells to release calcium,thus affect heartbeat. Besides, it also disrupt the normal balance of salt in the body, which can be linked to arrhythmia.

Stan Efferding wrote an anti-caffeine rant on IG the other day, about how it caused sodium losses etc. The whole of the academic community started ridiculing him for not knowing how to read the research and Stan felt he had to apologize, and perhaps have a coffee too :D

I drink them everyday for a while; like you I just really enjoyed the taste. I actually have more energy now not drinking them lol! I really craved them for a week or so but now I don’t ever drink them and really have no desire to. I stopped maybe 3-4 months ago and since then I have had 2 and didn’t even want to finish them once I started drinking them. Glad I stopped.

Soon

Nos drinks are great I’m gonna stop soon as I’m starting keto but I heard u can drink the bang energy drinks any 1 know if that’s true.

Nos drinks are great I’m gonna stop soon as I’m starting keto but I heard u can drink the bang energy drinks any 1 know if that’s true.

Do they have sugar or carbs? If so...then no. Its pretty simple really

I never had one, but never liked to drink my calories (I know they have diet too). I buy 200 mg caffeine pills at .03 per (500 for $17) and have taken one prior to every workout. I don't drink coffee and I have a desk job I do from home, I prioritize my energy for my workouts. As I get older, the unlimited energy is just not there without caffeine anymore.

I've been drinking those Bai bloodorange and grapefruit drinks. They have like 40mg of caffeine. That's how I toned down on redbull and other stuff like that.

Sounds like you're looking for a problem to solve. Best thing about avoiding those drinks is the same as passing-up Starbucks every morning - You'll save about $20/wk.

I was drinking 3 monsters a day about 6 months ago.

I lost my job. Really helped kick the habit when I realized how much of a waste essentially $9 in caffeine per day was. Lol.

Plus, the shit is fuckin bad for you. Stick to coffee, green tea, natural sources.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear