advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone know the old training routines done by the barbarian brothers?

couldn't find a routine as I read they didn't have a set routine. They went on feel and instinct as far as sets and weights.

Did find this:
"The Barbarians were credited with saying there is no such thing as overtraining, just under-eating. And that sums up their philosophy of bodybuilding, doing everything on a grand scale. The Barbarians lifted heavy weight to the accompaniment of much screaming and yelling. They would perform movements such as the behind the head press with massive weight loads (well over 300 pounds in this movement) and reportedly did it without the best form. One of their trademark moves was a reverse grip bench press with a heavy load aboard. They also used super heavy dumbbell movements.

The Barbarians training approach was a split routine – working one main big bodypart in the morning and returning to the gym later to focus on a smaller bodypart in the evening. They did this for six days a week. This split allowed them to focus in on each body part for a maximum overload.

The Barbarians ate as big as they trained. They reportedly went through three dozen eggs a day (apiece!) and 8,000 calories a day. That egg count would amaze even Vince Gironda.

What the Barbarian’s brought to bodybuilding was a radical power approach, along with radical attire to go with it, and finally, radical attitudes."

Also found this:

"The Barbarians knew no limits when it came to lifting. At around 250-260 pounds, they were known for loading machines to the max and then attaching additional 45s to the weight stack (or standing on the stack for added resistance). Reports of them squatting 465-pounds for twenty reps, performing reps in behind-neck-presses with excess of 315 pounds, t-bar rows with eleven 45-pound plates piled on, or barbell curls with 275-pounds were commonplace. They pushed the limits and it inspired us to attempt the same."

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E3Wq5CIFwY"]BARBARIAN BROTHERS 200kg Bench Press Demo - YouTube[/ame]

He is mental but in a good way... Wonderwoman was a nice surprise :D

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V88asg14XyQ"]David Paul interview at fit expo. - YouTube[/ame]

This is the last one I will post. I have never seen them before so watching their vids for the first time. They are mental and done some crazy lifts. He does a 500 pound reverse grip bench press in this vid...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lNlTuGQu_Q"]Barbarians from Golds Gym, Venice 1982 - YouTube[/ame]

Them Baggy Boys pants and fanny packs were on point. lol

b bros

Don’t recall where I saw them train . . . old Golds, World Gym or the ‘new’ Golds
in Santa Monica. A lot of bridge under the water between then and now . . .

I watched them train at their ‘peak’. I don’t think either of them competed or
had an aesthetically pleasing physique (they mostly worked out, no spontaneous
posing), but they were very big and very strong and very unusual (think behavior . . .
and not in a bad way).

What I observed was very very high volume and very very heavy weights.
Mutually exclusive . . .yes . . . For us mere mortals, yes. But these guys were,
make no mistake about . . . big and strong and they trained a bunch and were
not cut from the same piece of cloth as most of us. Cloth / clothing . . .
they looked like a couple of lumber jacks just came into town to stir up some
shit and snag some tail. They were total unique in all respects . . . training,
clothing, and demeanor.

An exact routine will be difficult if not impossible to find. Perhaps in a magazine
profile (think Joe Weider) you could find I suspect, something close to what they did.
But if my memory serves, they changed things around, did things intuitively, differently
every workout, and weird movements (inverted presses, etc . . .) and psyching
each other up, back slapping / face slapping. So if you found a routine, it would be,
at best, a snap shot in time . . . would be of zero value to you.

You are unique, just like everybody else.

This is the last one I will post. I have never seen them before so watching their vids for the first time. They are mental and done some crazy lifts. He does a 500 pound reverse grip bench press in this vid...

Barbarians from Golds Gym, Venice 1982 - YouTube
You have to watch their movies. Some of them are quite enjoyable. Just go to imdb and search for their names - David Paul and Peter Paul.
I remember liking "The Barbarian Brothers" and "Double Trouble".

You have to watch their movies. Some of them are quite enjoyable. Just go to imdb and search for their names - David Paul and Peter Paul.

I will do. I honestly thought they were wrestlers when I saw the name. But I was getting mixed up with the Barbarian. Not sure why I haven't heard of them. Just found The Babarians on putlocker :)

I remember in one of their movies the plot had both of them trying to get the same girl. One is by the fire drinking wine and romancing the girl and she says that she is confused and doesn't know which one to pick? one of the brothers says "pick me .you don't want to be with him, he has small arms" and then he flexes. It was funny because they are both about the same size.

u forgot "dc cab!"
that was a cool flick when i was a kid.

Here's Peter's latest video from around a week ago.
He might be able to answer your question :)
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quQDXSbD2Tk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quQDXSbD2Tk[/ame]

Wow, those were some crazy videos!
Back in the day, there were some rumors about Lyle Alazado beating up both Barbarian Bros at the same time.

Wow, those were some crazy videos!
Back in the day, there were some rumors about Lyle Alazado beating up both Barbarian Bros at the same time.

Alzedo was not one to Fuck with..

Don’t recall where I saw them train . . . old Golds, World Gym or the ‘new’ Golds
in Santa Monica. A lot of bridge under the water between then and now . . .

I watched them train at their ‘peak’. I don’t think either of them competed or
had an aesthetically pleasing physique (they mostly worked out, no spontaneous
posing), but they were very big and very strong and very unusual (think behavior . . .
and not in a bad way).

What I observed was very very high volume and very very heavy weights.
Mutually exclusive . . .yes . . . For us mere mortals, yes. But these guys were,
make no mistake about . . . big and strong and they trained a bunch and were
not cut from the same piece of cloth as most of us. Cloth / clothing . . .
they looked like a couple of lumber jacks just came into town to stir up some
shit and snag some tail. They were total unique in all respects . . . training,
clothing, and demeanor.

An exact routine will be difficult if not impossible to find. Perhaps in a magazine
profile (think Joe Weider) you could find I suspect, something close to what they did.
But if my memory serves, they changed things around, did things intuitively, differently
every workout, and weird movements (inverted presses, etc . . .) and psyching
each other up, back slapping / face slapping. So if you found a routine, it would be,
at best, a snap shot in time . . . would be of zero value to you.

You are unique, just like everybody else.

thanks for share your experience

Man I haven't heard their names in forever! I have old flex mags that had their workouts but I have no clue where they're at right now (or if they are legit workouts or just magazine fodder). But they were beasts slinging some serious weight in their primes.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131