over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone make their own capsules?

kscowboy

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
I have been using BCAA's and adding extra leucine for the past month or so in my pre workout water. The only thing i dont like is i have to use a flavor of some sort (Usually use something like sugar free crystal light) and this tends to give me bad cotton mouth. I was thinking about buying BCAA and beta alanine in the caps but the cost is just too much. So then i started wondering about capping them myself. Just wondering who makes their own caps and any input about it?

Thanks KS

Sounds like a lot of work to me. I would imagine you'd need some sort if machine to compress the powder into the capsules.

yes you need a capping machine. Thats not a problem they are only like $20 or so.

Cap em quick works great. You can also buy scoopes that are in milligrams.

Buy Cap m quick, not capsule machine. Capsule machine is inconsistent without a lot of fine tuning.

Its more trouble than its worth. You can make 50 at a time and depending on the size of the capsule it's 500mg max. But yeah, cap m quick is the way to go.
If you get good at it, it will take you about 15 minutes (once you are good) to make 50.

the biggest time consumer is uncapping and recapping all the caps. It can really try your patience (not that I would know ;) ) especially if you have big sausage fingers and destroy and bend caps when you try to put the tops back on.

I'd just scoopie it right in my mouth and wash it down.

Its very time consuming to break the caps into 2 parts and load ea. one into the capsule machine, but if your on a budget it might be worth it for you.

Get the 000 Cap M Quick and buy the capsules off Amazon. Having a small milligram scale helps but isn't necessary.

I cap all my powders and even make my own blends.

Its more trouble than its worth. You can make 50 at a time and depending on the size of the capsule it's 500mg max. But yeah, cap m quick is the way to go.
If you get good at it, it will take you about 15 minutes (once you are good) to make 50.

the biggest time consumer is uncapping and recapping all the caps. It can really try your patience (not that I would know ;) ) especially if you have big sausage fingers and destroy and bend caps when you try to put the tops back on.

I'd just scoopie it right in my mouth and wash it down.

beat me to it. good post.

Thanks for the help fellas.

i cap quite a bit. i use 00. i find 00 is the easiest to cap. i wouldn't cap bcaa's because the amount you would be using, but i would cap something where i would be using smaller amount. you certainly wouldn't want to try and measure say 50mg everyday to throw in the back of the throat or a few separate products for one capsule. cap em quick is definitely the way to go. theres a system to it. should take about 10 to 15 minutes to mix the active ingredient with the filler, separate your capsules and feed them in the machine, add product and cap them. i use a specific technique to mix the active ingredient and the filler as well. if your serious about it, let me know and i can get more detailed.

Is the filler needed or can you just dump say 50mg of any oral into the capsule, cap it and take it ? You could prob also use a mg scoop an just measure out the amt you want and put it under your tongue if your really on a budget.

Is the filler needed or can you just dump say 50mg of any oral into the capsule, cap it and take it ? You could prob also use a mg scoop an just measure out the amt you want and put it under your tongue if your really on a budget.

Trying to measure just 50mg of product is extremely hard to do acurrately. I cap some of my own stuff just because I can't stand the taste of a lot of things out there. It's pretty easy to do with practice. As with anything very frustrating in the beginning but after a while easy as cake.

You just need to set some time aside and the machine plus caps are so cheap that you get a return on your investment quick. There are a some capsule machines that allow you to do 100+ at a time but they are pretty pricey and if I remember right you have to scan a copy of your DL or something like that to register ir (wtf?).

Think of making your own caps the same as setting aside an hour or two a week to prepare 10-15 ready to go meals.

If that is the case you are better off making a solution or suspension of a known concentration and using a syringe to measure volume.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131