over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone not do squats/deadlifts?

Yes,

BUT the WORST movement on your lower back.

Its the spine dr's favorite exercise, gets him all his patients.

It's the worst one for the back because so many retards make it that way. Exercises are only as safe and effective as they are executed. If you deadlift like a dumbass you will get hurt. If you are smart and understand your body you can do it just fine. If that means you need to elevate the bar a few inches then do it, if that means you have to use a sumo stance or a trap bar instead of conventional then do it. Same goes for squat.

Last edited:
I squat on the smith. I guess some can do it and for some the movement seem un natural.
for me it keeps my back pain free. and not hard on the knees.

a small form fail on regular squats can cause me a long break from training , not worth it in my eyes.

deadlifts I was doing for a while on the hammer lounge squat machine.

The big reason as to why I can't squat and deadlift is the amount of weight and duration of the weight on my lower back. I always lifted safely, but I had sugrery on my lower back before I started lifting, so I was more prone to injuries. Now I feel its not worth the pain for the gain. I do a lot more auxiliary exercises now, although they do not produce a lot of gains.

ive had lower back problems for a minute but i still do squats and deads every week, lightn up the weight(no more than 60% 1rm) and just focus on proper form, even practice full range of motion in a mirror at home. The thing i found that helped me the most though is sterngth training core 3 days a week and a belt for anything over 2 plates

I went to a chiropractor to get my trap worked on. I used to compete in powerlifting and my best deadlift was over 800 lbs. Anyway the chiropractor told me I had the best lower back he'd ever seen.

I can't do leg presses either because the one at my gym is really rigid it actually hurts my lower back quite a bit. As for back, I can't do any heavy cable rows/db rows etc. I use a lot of varied pulling movements. I just have a hard time finding a good movement for my mid-back/upper back area.

No leg press, squat or deadlift. You might be doomed. I think you should really learn how to fix your problems instead of trying to find substitutes.

I can't do leg presses either because the one at my gym is really rigid it actually hurts my lower back quite a bit. As for back, I can't do any heavy cable rows/db rows etc. I use a lot of varied pulling movements. I just have a hard time finding a good movement for my mid-back/upper back area.

Ever try face pulls? They're a must for me

I stopped sq and deadlifts for about 6 months a year back part due to changing gyms and part due to being lazy. I dont feel I lost anything in that time frame weight wise but I also didn't gain anything that's for sure. Branch deadlifts pretty light for a big boy only going up to 405 are 501 if I remember and doing high reps. Sets of 20 on sq's have always worked great for me also. I would just back off the weights and run more volume.

People fear them cuz they're hard. They are hard cuz they work. Start light and work ur way up. People get hurt curling but never give it up. Same with benchpress.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws