advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone over 30 NOT want a steady relationship?

Ehren

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I never thought I'd ask for advice on this part of the board, yet here I am.

If anyone has any reasons that it's better to be with someone, please spill 'em! Seriously, I need some. I gotta work anyway, that'll never change. So what can someone tell me to help me see the light that so many of you see? The reason that being with someone would make my life better. To be with ONE person for the term of the rest of my natural life...with no possibility of parole.

Some of you might say, "Grow up?" I'd say, "Why?" I support myself, my things, travel as I want to, watch my health, don't party, date who I want.

Why does "growing up" mean the fun has to stop? We give so much effort to become what we are. And as soon as we can, we celebrate out accomplishments by beginning a lifetime of compromise to someone else's wishes. It doesnt make sense to me.

We spend a lifetime in education, work and the gym to make ourselves the best we can be. So why would we settle down with anyone after making such a marketable package? I just can't see the logic. After all we've done to become what we are...well rounded, successful, learned and attractive...what can ONE PERSON give us that we can't have without them? Why would we date only one, when we can date many?

Question is: Is anyone here, NOT looking to be in a steady relationship? It seems my limit is about 3 years. After that, Im bored and just dont see the logic in being with someone and bored, when I can be alone and entertained.

I have no problem talking to and meeting women. So I'm lucky in that way.

Im 37, so by now, I should be afraid of being alone and childless. But both of them bring a smile to my face. I love dating. Love it! and kids? I just don't see it. Big investment...low return. I know, I know,..."The smile on your child's face when he looks at you..." Right. Ill take the smile on my latest GF's face at a 5 star in St. Petersburg, Russia.

I did try marriage once. It was awful. So, not doing that again soon unless I find someone I just adore. I gave away my house and one of my cars last time. No regrets, it was a good deal for me. It was like a scene from SAW IV...I would have chewed off my own foot to get free of that marriage. A house? Pssht...take it. I can't even remember the address.

"What about love?", you may ask. Well, it comes and goes.

I've had a GF for a few years, no cheating, and of course, she wants to get married and have kids. The thought this brings to mind for me is, "FUCK THAT!". Marriage I can take or leave and kids, that's a negative. Im too selfish to be awakened by crying 3 times a night for several years, so, just...no. She knows my feelings on kids. I find fullfillment in work, dating, training, improving my home and investing when possible, reading books, martial arts. So many things that just don't require me to be tied to someone FOREVER.

The ONLY reason I can see to be in something like this is financial back-up. Ive been on my own financially since 15, so Im used to taking care of myself. Thru college, I've traveled all over the world and I live abroad now, so I handle it. But it would be nice to have someone else behind me, for once. But not THAT nice.

Im at a critical fork in the road. If I let her go, it'll mean I really am unable to settle down. Im not afraid of it. But it would be easier if I could just be normal.

Any advice?

Last edited:
To each their own, so keep doing what works for you. Maybe look at spending some time helping others through some charitable org., that's always good to do (and helps get one from being so self absorbed, not saying you are)

I never thought I'd ask for advice on this part of the board, yet here I am.

If anyone has any reasons that it's better to be with someone, please spill 'em! Seriously, I need some. I gotta work anyway, that'll never change. So what can someone tell me to help me see the light that so many of you see? The reason that being with someone would make my life better. To be with ONE person for the term of the rest of my natural life...with no possibility of parole.

Some of you might say, "Grow up?" I'd say, "Why?" I support myself, my things, travel as I want to, watch my health, don't party, date who I want.

Why does "growing up" mean the fun has to stop? We give so much effort to become what we are. And as soon as we can, we celebrate out accomplishments by beginning a lifetime of compromise to someone else's wishes. It doesnt make sense to me.

We spend a lifetime in education, work and the gym to make ourselves the best we can be. So why would we settle down with anyone after making such a marketable package? I just can't see the logic. After all we've done to become what we are...well rounded, successful, learned and attractive...what can ONE PERSON give us that we can't have without them? Why would we date only one, when we can date many?

Question is: Is anyone here, NOT looking to be in a steady relationship? It seems my limit is about 3 years. After that, Im bored and just dont see the logic in being with someone and bored, when I can be alone and entertained.

I have no problem talking to and meeting women. So I'm lucky in that way.

Im 37, so by now, I should be afraid of being alone and childless. But both of them bring a smile to my face. I love dating. Love it! and kids? I just don't see it. Big investment...low return. I know, I know,..."The smile on your child's face when he looks at you..." Right. Ill take the smile on my latest GF's face at a 5 star in St. Petersburg, Russia.

I did try marriage once. It was awful. So, not doing that again soon unless I find someone I just adore. I gave away my house and one of my cars last time. No regrets, it was a good deal for me. It was like a scene from SAW IV...I would have chewed off my own foot to get free of that marriage. A house? Pssht...take it. I can't even remember the address.

"What about love?", you may ask. Well, it comes and goes.

I've had a GF for a few years, no cheating, and of course, she wants to get married and have kids. The thought this brings to mind for me is, "FUCK THAT!". Marriage I can take or leave and kids, that's a negative. Im too selfish to be awakened by crying 3 times a night for several years, so, just...no. She knows my feelings on kids. I find fullfillment in work, dating, training, improving my home and investing when possible, reading books, martial arts. So many things that just don't require me to be tied to someone FOREVER.

The ONLY reason I can see to be in something like this is financial back-up. Ive been on my own financially since 15, so Im used to taking care of myself. Thru college, I've traveled all over the world and I live abroad now, so I handle it. But it would be nice to have someone else behind me, for once. But not THAT nice.

Im at a critical fork in the road. If I let her go, it'll mean I really am unable to settle down. Im not afraid of it. But it would be easier if I could just be normal.

Any advice?

Heck, sounds like you do not "adore" her enough. I like being in love and sharing my life with a chick as long as I really do love her. Sounds like you're thinking about settling with this woman, which I would never do. If you really like being alone and doing your thing, then why settle down? I say only get married when you know that you really want to be with someone for the rest of your life. If you have any doubts, don't.

To each their own, so keep doing what works for you. Maybe look at spending some time helping others through some charitable org., that's always good to do (and helps get one from being so self absorbed, not saying you are)

Thanks guys. That's good advice. It's true, Im very selfish with my time. Charity work may be a good idea.

And yes, Eliminator, that's true, I'm doubtful about she and I. So settling down is out of the question. You guys are on target. Thanks.

Thanks guys. That's good advice. It's true, Im very selfish with my time. Charity work may be a good idea.

And yes, Eliminator, that's true, I'm doubtful about she and I. So settling down is out of the question. You guys are on target. Thanks.

I am kinda with you...in my 30s and never married...I would LIKE to be but she would have to be INCREDIBLE and I would have to KNOW I could be with her forever.
Only woman I ever felt that way about didn't feel that way about me...SO in the same boat! I love kids, but it is NICE to play with them and have some fun, hand them back to mom/dad...then hop on my custom motorcycle and ride home at 90mph without a care in the world but MY desires.

It is nice to go to an electronics store and drop $3k on entertainment toys without checking with someone and then having to negotiate what THEY can get with some of "our" $$$ and same with vehicles...I have a customized 4x4 truck that I sunk about $6k into. Would "my wife" allow that? Maybe not...could be an arguement waiting to happen. Funny, I was seeing a real bitch when I first got it and was doing a SMALL lift and some performance work and she got PISSED that I was spending MY $$ and time on the truck and not her and she told me she was angry...I said, "Well - the truck has had fewer people in it and will be around longer than YOU" hahaha! Sure enough...still have the truck...

I think as I get older I may change more, but for now it's not bad because when things go sour with one woman, there is always another waiting in the wings...I stay in good shape, lean and tanned...

Recently lost my job and had to start all over, would have been great to have someone to count on in that situation but that's not the point of wanting to be with someone else in my mind...I have worked and made money since I was like 12 years old and taken care of myself solo since 18. Lived with a woman for a years and took care of her too...always relied on myself for everything and don't know any other way!
I am seeking "her" but not in a HUGE hurry...

"I did try marriage once. It was awful. So, not doing that again soon unless I find someone I just adore. I gave away my house and one of my cars last time. No regrets, it was a good deal for me. It was like a scene from SAW IV...I would have chewed off my own foot to get free of that marriage. A house? Pssht...take it. I can't even remember the address."

LOL

what's not funny about this is, it's about to happen to me. But posts like this help me keep my sanity. It is SO TRUE!

She would have to be completely independent, have no mental health issues and be the coolest girl in the world before I marrired her. Needless to say, I'm still looking :D

YIKES !

Its a big step, make sure the WOman is someone you can deal with after the good everyday 3 to 10 times a day SEX becomes a thing of the past and see if she is still someone you enjoy being around, You have to find the 1 that you can tolerate know matter how stupid she may seem at times......:D

Bro, playing defense in not a way of going through life. Till the last two paragraphs, I read this and thought -- damn, this is a guy that's figured it out. If you're lonely, buy a dog.

Peace

-driven

Some people are not made for long term relationships. My good friend is 51, he has been married twice fro 2 years or so. He realized he is too selfish to be with anyone, and decided not to waste women's time pretending that it would work. Now, he just looks for women to bang. He admits he gets lonely sometimes, but he thinks its the only thing that will work for him.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131