YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone remember the Magazine muscle media 2000?

The magazine was a horrible rag, even from the beginning, they printed biased articles aimed at selling their products, basicly everything in the mag was an ad. They provided some "hardcore" information about steroids just to try and legitimize their BS advertising tactics.

This is what I was going to say. The BS was there from the beginning, it's just that there was some "hardcore" content too, making it seem like they were "keeping it real."

"Everything was an ad" is exactly right.

TC Luoma went on to do the same exact thing with T-Nation/Biotest (after dissing Phillips for selling out). Lure them in, sell them some bullshit and laugh all the way to the bank.

Last edited:
Professional Muscle is more informative than MM2K ever was!

Wow, the understatement of the year right there.

This is what I was going to say. The BS was there from the beginning, it's just that there was some "hardcore" content too, making it seem like they were "keeping it real."

"Everything was an ad" is exactly right.

TC Luoma went on to do the same exact thing with T-Nation/Biotest (after dissing Phillips for selling out). Lure them in, sell them some bullshit and laugh all the way to the bank.

Maybe so, but at the time (mid 90's) compared to Flex, Muscle & Fitness, and Ironman, Muscle Media was a good mag.

Ironman USED to be the best magazine, but sadly it too became a supplement catalog.

I remember when Muscle Media had the issue with Philips starting his body for life schtick and giving away his Lambo, at that moment i knew the magazine was dead.

Maybe so, but at the time (mid 90's) compared to Flex, Muscle & Fitness, and Ironman, Muscle Media was a good mag.

Ironman USED to be the best magazine, but sadly it too became a supplement catalog.

I remember when Muscle Media had the issue with Philips starting his body for life schtick and giving away his Lambo, at that moment i knew the magazine was dead.

I remember. I liked it a lot too, but I was like 15 years old and naive. Now it's obvious it had the same advertorials as Musclemag had on Muscletech products. MM2K just did it with Met-Rx and other brands. Connelly was never going to market Met-Rx and only let go of a small batch intended for hospital use LOL. They made money from all the supplement articles a/k/a ads. The creatines, OKG, HMB, etc. The advertorials were there from the beginning, so it wasn't really like Phillips only sold out later on. And the "pro X" article was just a figment of TC's imagination.

I remember. I liked it a lot too, but I was like 15 years old and naive. Now it's obvious it had the same advertorials as Musclemag had on Muscletech products. MM2K just did it with Met-Rx and other brands. Connelly was never going to market Met-Rx and only let go of a small batch intended for hospital use LOL. They made money from all the supplement articles a/k/a ads. The creatines, OKG, HMB, etc. The advertorials were there from the beginning, so it wasn't really like Phillips only sold out later on. And the "pro X" article was just a figment of TC's imagination.

Man i forgot about HMB. That was supposed to be "THE MAGIC SUPPLEMENT", and it didnt do shit. I remember taking that, phosphagen, and CLA. THought i was going to get huge!

Then i got smart. Went to Mexico and never looked at another EAS product again.

I do have to give mm2k credit for one thing, I once got busted coming from mexico to cali with some juice, I had the mm2k "mexico guide" issue with me in the car. My friend and I played dumb college students (pretty close to the truth) and told the prosecutor we were just following the information in the magazine. Aftre hearing that she dropped all 3 felonies and just charged us with misdemenor possession, thanks Bill Philips.

I remember when MM2K first came out with Met-Rex. The original product was the first and best MRP. I read there were rumors that the product had clenbuterol in it. I lived off of it as my main meals for 1 year and got very lean and muscular on it. It had something more than micellar casien in it thats for sure. It keep you pumped up and your muscles felt full using it. Met-Rx is crap now. They took everything good out of it and added thickening agents to keep you full on it. Taste like crap. I still got a box of that crap just sitting in my basement.

PEAK was waaaay better, but the mag didn't stay around very long at all.

Man i forgot about HMB. That was supposed to be "THE MAGIC SUPPLEMENT", and it didnt do shit. I remember taking that, phosphagen, and CLA. THought i was going to get huge!

Then i got smart. Went to Mexico and never looked at another EAS product again.

ha, oh man, phosphogen.... yep, 1000x's stronger than the best german creatin ever made.... blast from the past.... ....

ButtPlug.

It was a good mag for a brief time there...before it became an EAS advertisement

I remember when they outted "uncle Oly", our Greek friend... Phillips and his crew sucked, IMHO.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws