advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone See Better Results Training Arms On Their Own Dsy?

I got great results training arms on their own day but also hitting 1-2 movements for Triceps on Chest day and then 1-2 movements for Biceps on Back day.

You guys that have an “arm” day where do you put it in your split so it doesn’t fuck up chest and back day? I was thinking of trying

Chest/shoulders
Back
Legs
Arms
Off

Or

Chest/back
Quads
Arms+shoulders
Back
Chest
Hams+shoulders
Off

For Big Arms I Need Arm Day!
Tried just doing them after back or chest is great but Not Enough"
I'm back to 260 and my Arms look Stellar!
Chest, as my main bodypart. trained with 4-6 sets and 4-5 exercises. Then Delt and Trize Superset for 8 sets each
Back, again as my main. Then traps Bize and some forearm Work.
Off
Legs and Abbs which for Me is like an Off Day...Legs are Toasted!!!
Arms...Heavy and Supersetted! Till Blown...About 16 sets! I'll take a Heavy dose of MGF for recovery and some LR3.
Off
Off with some Abs and a Sauna or Message!

12 yrs of this...Just Works!

I'm not advocating a cheat meal either. I'm just talking a surplus.
I agree a surplus is needed. I don't see a surplus just one day a week making a noticeable difference for the most part as it takes longer for a muscle to recover from my experience. One day would just be extra glycogen being loaded for a short time.

I don’t have an arm day but I do give them equal attention. Split: quads, day off, chest/biceps, back/hamstrings,day off, shoulders/ triceps, day off. If I go to the gym more than 4 days a week I don’t recover

I agree a surplus is needed. I don't see a surplus just one day a week making a noticeable difference for the most part as it takes longer for a muscle to recover from my experience. One day would just be extra glycogen being loaded for a short time.
Agreed as well. Im talking an overall surplus.

There is no magic movement to grow arms. It's all genetics so just keep training and eating to maximize what you've been given.
OR
Why not give the syntherol a go and go at it hard?

I like to train arms 3 times a week .... They never really get their own day but it works for me
Back and bicep
Chest n tricep
Leg day n arms

Thats just me .... It might work for u too

You guys that have an “arm” day where do you put it in your split so it doesn’t fuck up chest and back day? I was thinking of trying

Chest/shoulders
Back
Legs
Arms
Off

Or

Chest/back
Quads
Arms+shoulders
Back
Chest
Hams+shoulders
Off
I think you would probably want to go

Chest/shouders
Back
Arms
Legs
Off

That way you have two day off after arms before you start hitting your upper body again so they are fresh when you do

For Big Arms I Need Arm Day!
Tried just doing them after back or chest is great but Not Enough"
I'm back to 260 and my Arms look Stellar!
Chest, as my main bodypart. trained with 4-6 sets and 4-5 exercises. Then Delt and Trize Superset for 8 sets each
Back, again as my main. Then traps Bize and some forearm Work.
Off
Legs and Abbs which for Me is like an Off Day...Legs are Toasted!!!
Arms...Heavy and Supersetted! Till Blown...About 16 sets! I'll take a Heavy dose of MGF for recovery and some LR3.
Off
Off with some Abs and a Sauna or Message!

12 yrs of this...Just Works!

There he is!

Good to see hear from you big man

I got great results training arms on their own day but also hitting 1-2 movements for Triceps on Chest day and then 1-2 movements for Biceps on Back day.

This is a great approach.

Regarding the thread I think many overthink these things at times. For me just do it instead of asking about it. Don't wait for acceptance from other people and just add in an arm day if that is what you want. Just because x person states you don't need an arm day who cares he is not you. It's seems many have gotten good results with their own arm day so that is great too. You just have to keep an eye of volume and frequency and of course optimizing recovery through other methods. I personally don't think arms really need their own day frequently but who cares what I say just try it and see for yourself. If you enjoy it that is the most important thing. Although if someone has a weak body part whilst volume/frequency are very important I find to improve that weak body part people must look at form/execution as their primary method for improving. There is no one right answer and it's about finding what works for you. Looking at your proposed split if I were advising you I would start with something like...

Push (tri-ceps)
Pull (bi-ceps)
Legs
Arms

Push
Pull
Legs

Push
Pull
Legs
Arms

So you add in the full arm day every 2 rotations but if you want to do it every rotation go for it. When doing an arm day I personally like to rotate between tri-ceps then bi-ceps and may even have them in multiple supersets.

This is a great approach.

Regarding the thread I think many overthink these things at times. For me just do it instead of asking about it. Don't wait for acceptance from other people and just add in an arm day if that is what you want. Just because x person states you don't need an arm day who cares he is not you. It's seems many have gotten good results with their own arm day so that is great too. You just have to keep an eye of volume and frequency and of course optimizing recovery through other methods. I personally don't think arms really need their own day frequently but who cares what I say just try it and see for yourself. If you enjoy it that is the most important thing. Although if someone has a weak body part whilst volume/frequency are very important I find to improve that weak body part people must look at form/execution as their primary method for improving. There is no one right answer and it's about finding what works for you. Looking at your proposed split if I were advising you I would start with something like...

Push (tri-ceps)
Pull (bi-ceps)
Legs
Arms

Push
Pull
Legs

Push
Pull
Legs
Arms

So you add in the full arm day every 2 rotations but if you want to do it every rotation go for it. When doing an arm day I personally like to rotate between tri-ceps then bi-ceps and may even have them in multiple supersets.

100%

The concept of individual thought is like a unicorn nowadays. Nobody understands your body like you do; you've been in the drivers seat all your life

100%

The concept of individual thought is like a unicorn nowadays. Nobody understands your body like you do; you've been in the drivers seat all your life

Amen !

I always do legs/arms ... always

Everyone saying to me this is retarded but guess what ? Jacked legs and arms !

And since it feels good to me and i like it idgaf if is corect or accepted

I've been doing 3 day push pull legs split for a while and really being lazy on arms as they have been a natural strength but this thread has reminded me how awesome huge guns are and inspired me to give them their own day

Over the years I havent trained biceps, mainly doing Wendler 5/3/1 type Powerlifting stuff, but I love doing tricep work of course.
But, just getting back into BB type of training and just doing my old split (I think youngsters call it "bro-split" these days).
Stupid terminology thrown around these days. The age-old:

Chest/Tri's
Legs
Back/Bi's
Shoulders/Traps/Forearms

Of course on the 4-main lifts (1 for each day) I still use a 5/3/1 or similar progression for the main lift.

Bench
SQ
DL
OHP

So its sort of hybrid...

Go for it! I train arms on same day for last 5 years and personally i love it! I get a better pump and i feel like i can really focus on my arms and get better results, then by training them single with another bodypart.

I read an article a long time ago that wasn’t just for arms but was an interesting approach to bodybuilding. The day after you work a muscle at the beginning of your workout you do a light pump circuit of about 3 isolation exercises for 2-3 sets. It adds frequency and helps with active recovery. I’m a nobody but I think it’s an interesting approach.

Always train arms on own day, bro split keep it simple. The only question is to superset or not.

Anyone do chinups on arm day as a bicep exercise? I feel like we isolate them too much and a functional compound movement is needed for better growth

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131