over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone sell cars

TrenSweater

Registered
Been in the construction business my whole life , i hate it , just got laid off and have been thinking for a long time about car sales , something tells me i would be really good at it, no time like the present , any advice, sorry if this is in wrong forum

I'm a wholesale dealer, I consign cars to retail dealers and their salesman sell them for me for a fee.
I have gotten to know a few of them pretty well, and the ones that do well are very outgoing, friendly, and not too pushy. They are knowledgeable about each vehicle in inventory and do their research on the vehicle's features.
Consumers these days don't put up with the stereotypical 'used car salesman', so its best to be a people person that is well informed rather than a pushy 'let's make a deal' kind of guy.

Edit-
wanted to add... the young guy that sells my vehicles the fastest has a really good sense of humor. He's always in a good mood and just has a way of talking to people casually that makes them feel very comfortable. My mom and dad even went into one of the dealerships I work with and they mentioned to me how good of a salesman he was for the same reasons I mentioned.

Last edited:
Been selling cars for 12 years mate.. i absolutely love it..

Find a dealership with a good reputation, and solid product..

Every day is different, you meet and deal with some great people..

Going to work is fun for me, and although the money isn't fantastic.. it pays the bills..

You get your fair share of assholes to deal with as well.. but, the key is to win them over with kindness..

Be nice to everybody..

Best of luck with it..

Thanks for the advice , i know the money isn't stable , but neither is what i have been doing , it rains i don't work , too cold no work etc ,, i have no benefits , I'm up on a ladder or roof , it sucks , i always knew i could sell cars , people like me , i.e. handsome clean cut , and i love cars

That's all you need mate.. If you enjoy people, and in the end it becomes bot only about the car.. they will buy the product from the person they like..

Same as within any type of sale, you find their needs, wants and objectives..

Often the most important thing to selling a car, isn't what you say.. it's a matter of what you don't say..

There are many ways of asking questions and qualifying..

Best way of doing it is indirectly, so they prospect doesn't put up walls and earns your trust..

Never lie, and deliver on everything you promise..

You'll do well..

Thanks for the advice , i know the money isn't stable , but neither is what i have been doing , it rains i don't work , too cold no work etc ,, i have no benefits , I'm up on a ladder or roof , it sucks , i always knew i could sell cars , people like me , i.e. handsome clean cut , and i love cars

Be a used car salesman instead of a Tradesman???
You thinking of giving it up???
busy always
I have been pushing up to 30 guys on this project
I am also a roofer been at it 25 years
work year round, Pension, benefiets,
I would look around things are picking up around here again.

Best of luck in what you decide

Attachments

• home depot 004.jpg
    home depot 004.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
My father is a GM of a dealership. He has done this his whole life. Thats all I know of my dad. He is a workaholic. Car Salesmen work long hours. In my opinion that job sucks I would never do it. Ive been around it since I was a little kid and as long as I can remeber I said I would never do this.

and people say lawyers are sleazy
sheesh, I get enough crap from people and always wonder why car salesman arent catagorized the same way.

Been selling cars for 12 years mate.. i absolutely love it..

Find a dealership with a good reputation, and solid product..

Every day is different, you meet and deal with some great people..

Going to work is fun for me, and although the money isn't fantastic.. it pays the bills..

You get your fair share of assholes to deal with as well.. but, the key is to win them over with kindness..

Be nice to everybody..

Best of luck with it..

I agree with the killing them with kindness. Car sales people have gotten a bad rep over the yrs, but now with the internet and car fax, KBB act, I dont think the salesmen are like they used to be.
People come into a Dealership with a lot more information and research to start out, so things have changed.

A guy I work with buys all his vehicles at the same Dealership. They know him there and treat him well.
He got a call the other day because there was a cash rebate for 2 grand waiting for him, as a result of a purchase he made a month ago.
He was so happy, he got the check, cashed it, and went back to the Dealership with a Gift certificate for a nice restaurant and handed it to the sales guy.

He was blown away!

I used to love the trades , too old to keep doing that , it really takes a toll on you, free demo , benefits , stay clean , sounds good so far

I did it for about 6 months or so and moved on back to teaching. If you want to try it I would recommend getting into used cars and not new because you dont make nearly as much on selling new. I used to sell both and to me used cars is where the money is. Most people these days know what the invoice price is when they walk in and there isnt nearly as much give in new car prices, used cars you can actually make some money.

One of the things I disliked the most about the job was the long periods during the week when people were at work, nobody hardly comes in and its really boring. Most of the action is on Saturday and then its cut throat out on the lot as every salesman is scrambling to grab customers. During the week I played a lot of chess! If you can deal with long periods of inactivity and then handle the fast pace on Saturdays then the job is for you. Im not sure how most dealerships pay now, but we had what was called a draw. The draw was something pittyful like maybe $800 a month, and your bonus for each month was figured on whatever you brought in over that amount. If you had a really slow month you would only earn the draw, whatever amount that is. Ask the dealership how they pay. We used to get "SPIFF" money paid on things we sold like extended warranties, paint protection, interior protection, etc. They would pay the spiff money out each week as cash. It was kinda cool, the manager would give you your money out of a huge stack of bills.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity