trying to get these damn arms to grow

I worked with him a little bit and he started with

Chest/back
Legs
Arms
Off
Repeat

trying to get these damn arms to grow

Chest n Back On Same Day? How long will it take to complete the whole workout? And no shoulder day?

Chest n Back On Same Day? How long will it take to complete the whole workout? And no shoulder day?

I'm using it right now. It's really been my go to for years, ever since he put me on it. The other splits he gave me, well, I hated them and seemed they were created just to be out of the box.

Calves were on days 1 and 3. Shoulders are on arm day.

It's just three sets per body part so chest/back day is very doable.
3 sets chest, 3 sets back width, 3 sets back thickness.

None of my workouts take longer than 40 minutes.

I tend to alternate between Hernon's, DC's, and Yates.

I'm using it right now. It's really been my go to for years, ever since he put me on it. The other splits he gave me, well, I hated them and seemed they were created just to be out of the box.

Calves were on days 1 and 3. Shoulders are on arm day.

It's just three sets per body part so chest/back day is very doable.
3 sets chest, 3 sets back width, 3 sets back thickness.

None of my workouts take longer than 40 minutes.

I tend to alternate between Hernon's, DC's, and Yates.

1 exercise only, 3 sets per body part? What rep range? Any particular exercises he recommended?

1 exercise only, 3 sets per body part? What rep range? Any particular exercises he recommended?

Even though he's banned I don't want to give away too much of what he gets paid for.......

But, yes, one exercise, three sets to failure. Basic, compound exercises where you can.

Google will turn up 99% of the workout.

It's not bad, 3 working sets per bodypart. Shoulders on arm day

I ran it for a couple of years. At the time it worked for me pretty good...3 on and 1 off was a good frequency and one that I still use today.

But as I have gotten older, I can't generate the intensity needed to feel like I did the muscle I worked any justice without injuring myself with just a few sets.

So I added more volume as time went by.

It's still hitting each bodypart twice a week, hard sets. So if sets are very hard, to failure your getting 12 sets a week for back. I thought chest was a little more sets but could be wrong.

sort of the same style I've been doing. Jordan Peters style as well and after looking at it and you are truly taking the sets to failure I'm getting 8 grueling sets for chest, back, legs, and hitting them again 4 days later. Delts only 6 sets. Arms only 4 sets bi's, 4 sets tri's. Growing like a weed. Love it. If I feel beaten up I take another day off so I'm still hitting each bodypart every 5 days.

Last edited:
i dont use that split but i do incorporate many ideas that i learned from him.

as much as he turned out to a......

dude was pretty freakin smart in the training dpt

Nowadays he recommends whole body every day, 1 set to failure per bodypart, 15 to 20 reps. Take a day off as needed.

I tried it and it worked fine for legs, but not optimal for upper body.

I've been doing upper/lower split with days off when I feel tired and I feel good.

i dont use that split but i do incorporate many ideas that i learned from him.

as much as he turned out to a......

dude was pretty freakin smart in the training dpt

Agreed. What's interesting...if you run DC, heronons split, and even Dorian Yates old blood and guts...you will find that all of these routines end up hitting a muscle with 3-4 balls to the wall sets every 4-5 days or so. DC does it with one exercise and the 3 RP sets. Dorian liked one brutal top set of 10-12 then move
To new exercise (around 3 movements). Hernon Picked an exercise and wanted 3 failure sets at 3 different rep ranges.

(Chest/bicep), (legs), (back/tricep) (off) could work if you don't like chest/back same day

Agreed. What's interesting...if you run DC, heronons split, and even Dorian Yates old blood and guts...you will find that all of these routines end up hitting a muscle with 3-4 balls to the wall sets every 4-5 days or so. DC does it with one exercise and the 3 RP sets. Dorian liked one brutal top set of 10-12 then move
To new exercise (around 3 movements). Hernon Picked an exercise and wanted 3 failure sets at 3 different rep ranges.

(Chest/bicep), (legs), (back/tricep) (off) could work if you don't like chest/back same day

That's why I like rotating between them. Slightly different flavors of the same thing. When I start getting a little bored with one, I switch to the other.

That's why I like rotating between them. Slightly different flavors of the same thing. When I start getting a little bored with one, I switch to the other.

I do something real similar, variations between DC/HERNON/YAYES/HIT
I grow well from those methods and mixing them up keeps me motivated and never bored.

He posted his workout a long time ago. The thread probably still exists.

I still use some of the key movements.

The double dumbbell standing row, hammer grip pullups

His routines were all about mass building, go figure.

How did he get banned lol? wasn't this his forum?

Last edited:
I liked it and used it for a long time and had really good results with it. The only thing I changed was the order in which they were performed doing it :

Chest/Back
Shoulders/Arms
Legs

This way I had an extra day before hitting Chest/Back again and arms were recovered better.

But since I injured my shoulder I had to stop with routine because it is hard to generate enough pain free intensity needed for the short number of sets. I do a more moderate number of sets now with lighter weight. Try to kill it with volume and the pump. Actually I have seen some gains from doing it this way as well but will admit that over the past the hardness of my muscles have gone done. Used to be my muscles were hard and tight all the day. Tonus.

He posted his workout a long time ago. The thread probably still exists.

I still use some of the key movements.

The double dumbbell standing row, hammer grip pullups

His routines were all about mass building, go figure.

How did he get banned lol? wasn't this his forum?
No...it wasn’t his board. He was a long time member, and he was a paid sponsor at one point as well

search function is a beautiful thing.

I remeber Phil was a big fan of "fat man rows" =bent DB rows and DB SLDL.

I'm trying to bring up arms. I'm gonnna run it a few weeks and see what happens

For chest back I'm gonna pick a few exercises that call on the bis/tris harder....chin-ups, dips, closer grip pressing, bla bla

I remeber Phil was a big fan of "fat man rows" =bent DB rows and DB SLDL.

I'm trying to bring up arms. I'm gonnna run it a few weeks and see what happens

For chest back I'm gonna pick a few exercises that call on the bis/tris harder....chin-ups, dips, closer grip pressing, bla bla

One thing I like for Biceps although mine aren't anything to brag about are close grip chins with an underhand grip.....and then hanging more weight than I usually use and doing negatives fighting it all the way down.

That really seems to hit them at the moment.

But my arms are weird. I can find a set of exercises that really kill them...but three weeks later it's like they don't feel it anymore. Then I have to swap out to different exercises finding one that leaves me sore again the next day...and start all over.

One thing I like for Biceps although mine aren't anything to brag about are close grip chins with an underhand grip.....and then hanging more weight than I usually use and doing negatives fighting it all the way down.

That really seems to hit them at the moment.

But my arms are weird. I can find a set of exercises that really kill them...but three weeks later it's like they don't feel it anymore. Then I have to swap out to different exercises finding one that leaves me sore again the next day...and start all over.

I will try this! Thanks!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner