advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone stop doing leg presses because of how annoying it is to load so many plates?

u dont have 100 pound plates there?
we have around 10 of those, maybe 12, so that makes it alot easier. except when mighty mouse loads em all up on the top post leaves them there, and u gotta take em off from 5 feet high. thats a shoulder workout there.

Way too funny. I work out with my wife so unloading and losing really sucks.

1. count to 4 slow like 4 real sek. on the negativ.
2. contract the muscle for 2 sec every rep.
3. less weight more burn more feeling the muscle.

so do like this

do like this 1,2,3,4 press 5,6,7,8 press up,9,10,11,12 you get the picture
count to 40 if you can, that is 10 reps. and i promise you will lower the weight so much

I was just trying to think of what Q would have said, Nothuman!

Seriously though, Q and I would help each other out whenever we did leg presses by loading and unloading the plates together. Partnering up made it a lot easier, especially when doing drop sets.

Q definitely would have made fun of him with this one. Even I first read it thinking are you being serious :D Nothuman your back hurts when loading the plates? I thought my back was bad but that is ridiculous.

In all seriousness when I thought about it more this can be an issue. Not so much due to the all the plate loading but more the actual plates. When you train in various gyms you realize just how many have barely any plates. My old gym was great but didn't have that many plates. When I loaded the machine up there was next to none left for the rest of the gym.

I always used a mix of weights and rep speeds etc etc. If I went heavy I would just add 1 plate a side till I could fit no more on. Although even when your form is great lifting so much only leads to injuries or bad knees eventually. Now I plan to never go above about 7 plates (mostly 4 or 5) a side and just really focus on the form and muscle connection. I have tried everything over the years.

A system I love and what I have been using recently is approx 15-10 reps using slow/controlled form and never locking out. Then wait no more than 30 secs and do another set. I usually do 10 sets so use a fixed amount of weight (4-5 plates a side or so). If I do this on the horizontal legg press machine I will go up in weight over the sets and possibly back down alittle for the final few sets. Although for the machine version I tend to do about 15 sets but don't really count just make myself struggle as much as possible till my body gives in.

Last edited:
weights

I have to walk all over the gym to get 45lbs plates for my leg presses. I do my legs when there is not many people in the gym so I will have enough plates to do my leg presses.

Anyone stop doing leg presses because of how annoying it is to load so many p...

I feel ya Brother, my knees are both shot (right more than left), got sciatica too. Elbow pain, you name it. I'd need oxy's if I wanted to get really huge! Lol. (I don't mess with that shit, only NSAIDs for me).. Getting old really sucks. I wish growth want 2G's a month!!!! (Dr prescribed) I don't trust ANY ugly with that kinda cash. Bought 1 kit for 250, I say it was bunk cause I had NO sides, even & 5-8 iu's I felt no corporal tunnel or hand swelling... Nada. Only 1 100iu kit @ $250... I think of all the Dbol & teen I coulda got instead!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brother I thought I just reread Somtn I wrote! In other words I feel ya 100% on the pain, oxy's & NSAIDs!...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to stop doing these because it became a full workout just loading the thing and then removing the plates when you have to load so many on each side. I've been using the machine with the pin stack instead and doing the heaviest weight for about 25+ reps.

Anyone else do this? It's just such a hassle when there's a machine variation of this available.

Whats more annoying is watching somebody load up the leg press with all the plates only to see them do quarter reps. :banghead: Time under tension my ass.:naughty:

i finally found a good use for my knee wraps. i used them to tie another bar to the top of the leg press so i could get more plates on the machine.....

It sucks, but its good for some cardio.

I used to purposely get the plates furthest away from the leg press just to give me more of a workout. That's when I was in a big gym though... no point now.

We have 10 100lb plates that usually stay by the leg press area. I load up atleast 800lbs worth when i do leg press, usually 1000. Might add some 45s too if im really on.

Funny how most all weight lifters sre truly Plain Lazy asses!
Real hard loading plates in a climate controlled gym for 1 1/2 hours.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws