advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone taking astaxanthin? (antioxidant, sunburn protection)

Hmmm

Registered
Astaxanthin naturally prevents sunburn

Astaxanthin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After discussing anti oxidants with my father he recommended this product, it is supposed to be one of the strongest anti oxidants AND prevent sun burn, not sun tan, but burn. Seems like a win win and its not expensive

Just wondering if anyone else has experience with this and sun burn, my dad is a bit more dark complected then I am but he put it to the test and said the first time he laid out this year after a long winter he stayed out for around 3-4 hours, no burn

In for responses. I'm all about antioxidants and take a few diff ones. They help prevent acne too.

I ordered 2 bottles from swanson, was like 25 bucks after shipping and should last me for around 4 months, so well see.

Yes I have taken it before with blackcurrant extract... great product.

I've been taking 4mg ED for almost 2 years now and the sunburn protection it offers is minimal. I do live in a southern state with a high uv index even in the spring so that could skew my results. I don't even really notice the aerobic boost it's supposed to provide either.

Last edited:
I've been taking 4mg ED for almost 2 years now and the sunburn protection it offers is minimal. I do live in a southern state with a high uv index even in the spring so that could skew my results. I don't even really notice the aerobic boost it's supposed to provide either.

Yes I wouldn't use it thinking it is gonna protect you from the sun. It may alittle but use all the usual sun protection when it is hot.

I used it solely for it's anti-oxidant benefits. Have you looked at Maqui Berry... another great one.

Pull the liquid out of the gel cap with a syringe and mix it into after sun lotion for help with sunburn. A Vitamin E gel cap mixed in wouldn't hurt either.

yes 2mg every morning ....Forget the sunburn shit its the most powerful betacaratenoid there is man your eyes will thank you and so will your internal organs

I first heard about this supp from the show "Dirty Jobs" and how it was made. I took it for a few months and forgot to order after I ran out (since I take a handful of supps a day) I saw it on Dr. Oz recently and that just reinforced the health benefits of it..so I'm back on..they started selling it at Wal-Mart now since the show aired from all the demand I suppose.

Dr. Oz is a scammer. He preys upon the hopes and dreams of his viewers. Another thing he's pushing is Raspberry Ketones. Those have been used in "fat burners" for over 10 years. Everyone keeps getting fatter.

Who else uses astaxanthin and how important is it for us bodybuilders?

Should it be added if you already have many anti oxidant bases covered with C, E, ala, nac, ubiquinol etc?

Last edited:
I gave it a try for about 4 months. It's suppose to be 6000 times stronger then vitamin C.

I gave it a try for about 4 months. It's suppose to be 6000 times stronger then vitamin C.

And? Did you notice anything?
Worries me the toxic level is unknown..being fat soluble and all.

The sun protection is minimal, it's similar to the darker tone your skin will take on from supplementing with beta-carotene. Wouldn't even compare to melanotan, and its certainly no substitute for sunscreen

I think supplementing with krill oil is a smarter choice, you get the astaxanthin in its natural form....I'm always leery of supplementing with an isolated compound

And? Did you notice anything?
Worries me the toxic level is unknown..being fat soluble and all.

The only thing I noticed was that I didn't get sick once during those months. The brand I was buying was from purity products and was fairly expensive and I needed to reduce my monthly supplement bill.

you guys

4 mgs a day isnt enough ..I just started taking a 4mg pill 3 times a day with meals just a few months ago and I can tell you this stuff is definetly helping me tan more without burning as much.... I know cuz I lay out every year and I know how my skin reacts to a few hours in full sun in the middle of the day..it is certainly working for me anyway. Im really liking it, and I read in Life Extension mag about all the other health benefits so im sold

Astaxanthin naturally prevents sunburn

Astaxanthin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After discussing anti oxidants with my father he recommended this product, it is supposed to be one of the strongest anti oxidants AND prevent sun burn, not sun tan, but burn. Seems like a win win and its not expensive

Just wondering if anyone else has experience with this and sun burn, my dad is a bit more dark complected then I am but he put it to the test and said the first time he laid out this year after a long winter he stayed out for around 3-4 hours, no burn

haven't used this but topical antioxidents do wonders for the skin. we have alotion that is natural butter base and lotsof antiox, gets rid of wrinkles and you do not get a sunburn when you use it. even if out in the hot sun all day, just reapplying once or twice an you have nor issues but a great DARK tan.

also if you put it on a sunburn it usually goes away in a day or two.

they also even skin tone, heal scars and improve the appearance of the skin. does a great job on dark circles and bags under eyes.

Who is we? And what is the lotion called. Dont be vague!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131