over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone tried taping mouth before sleep?

Zarati

Registered
No joke, it's a real thing
I tried it and I was shocked, apparently I didn't snore and when I woke up, I wasn't as thirsty.

So research and try it and share your experience here

This popped up while researching other options of a cpap. Was curious as well if anyone tried it

I tried the chin strap to keep my mouth closed. It was horribly uncomfortable. I got the cpap and much happier with it.

Works well for me, in conjunction with a breathe right nasal strip (I have a deviated septum). No more snoring, better quality sleep.

My opinion, sleeping naturally is the best way to sleep. Look at environment, mattress, lighting, white noise, MJ, melatonin, all kinds of factors that can be manipulated before needing a machine or to take heavy medications, or tape mouth lol

My opinion, sleeping naturally is the best way to sleep. Look at environment, mattress, lighting, white noise, MJ, melatonin, all kinds of factors that can be manipulated before needing a machine or to take heavy medications, or tape mouth lol
I might agree with everything except needing a machine.

Sleep apnea is a real thing.

When I did my sleep study they found I was waking up 45 times per hour from apnea. The sleep was not restful. My sleep is much better now with a cpap.

I've tried it, including trying some high end dedicated mouth strips/tape - fail for me. I drool into it like a fool and it's done. Pressures I use are high so that's a problem too.

I did this to try to use a nasal CPAP mask as opposed to full face mask. No dice.

CPAP is amazing for me. 55 events per hour (think 2.5x severe threshold) and blood oxygen dropping hard to nearly hospitalization levels. No "symptoms" on behavior other than some snoring. Drove my rbc and crit high easily. Now I use F&P full face and a Resmed Air curve Vauto. Pressures are high so mask basically needs to be bolted to my face and most consumer machines are nearly maxed out. Mostly under 2 events per hour though now that I'm used to it and have it optimized.

Really wanted the nasal masks to work so I tired nearly everything but whatever.

While losing weight and changing diet habits can help with apnea…..it’s not an immediate solution. A cpap is always warranted

It was quite popular where I live 1-2 years ago. Nobody does it anymore. It looks like it sucks tbf.

I love my CPAP but also enjoy a nap on the couch. I will use mouth tape once in a while when I nap on the davenport. It does work to some extent but I will wake up trying to talk or breathe out of my mouth. My apnea is severe (60+ an hour). For someone with minor apnea, I think it would be worth a try.

I use these:

I snore. I often sleep with my mouth open and wake up with my mouth and throat so dry that it hurts to swallow for the first hour or two. I’ll sleep 9+ hours and the next day at work it’ll feel like I didn’t sleep at all.

Are these signs I might have apnea? I’ve really been considering getting checked out.

I snore. I often sleep with my mouth open and wake up with my mouth and throat so dry that it hurts to swallow for the first hour or two. I’ll sleep 9+ hours and the next day at work it’ll feel like I didn’t sleep at all.

Are these signs I might have apnea? I’ve really been considering getting checked out.
My boss at work was the same. He would sleep a good amount of hours like you and wake up tired. CPAP and I can tell hes much better mood at work.

If you have an appreciable amount of muscle, and you snore, you should be checked for sleep apnea

Try the tape tonight and see how you sleep

Yes. Get checked for sure. That way you know what you are dealing with. I had less symptoms than you and my apnea was multiples of severe with super low blood oxygen. I needed to do something and it helps a ton. Took me a while to really get used to it but I don't leave home for even one night without my CPAP.

I have friends that have 6-9 events per hour and while that's not good it's not 40-60 like some of us in this thread have posted. I was 55. You want to know what you are dealing with. Might be nothing but I'd bet from your post you have it.

Get it checked bro. I’m betting you definitely have it. It slowly kills you.
I was at like 60 events per hour and would stop breathing for over a minute at times. The doc looked at my report and she literally said “how the “F” are you functioning?”
I could fall asleep at anytime during the day in like 10 seconds. I felt like I was drugged.

I tried the CPAP and its like a leaf blower hooked on your face plus I'm a side sleeper. I have thrown that thing many times and eventually threw it away/ They auto send supplies like its candy and had boxes of supplies.

Anyone here find an alternative to this leaf blower?

I tried the CPAP and its like a leaf blower hooked on your face plus I'm a side sleeper. I have thrown that thing many times and eventually threw it away/ They auto send supplies like its candy and had boxes of supplies.

Anyone here find an alternative to this leaf blower?
Leaf blower in regards to the pressure or also the sound? :p

Thanks fellas. You convinced me. I’m gonna get tested. Like Hevi-Head, I often feel sedated throughout the day and can literally fall asleep instantly under even the least ideal sleeping conditions where most people would be like “How the fuck did he fall asleep through that?”.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear