advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone try the one set per bodypart per day workout?

I can see this working for an athlete or an intermediate lifter.. I'm very confident that the majority of the individuals in this community are far too advanced for this.. for myself personally this routine wouldn't work, this would maybe work for someone that is less seasoned on a cruise/maintenance..

But then again I can't critique this thing, because I've seen things in this lifestyle which by science and theory doesn't make sense but yet it works for someone, an example would be I know a guy that would only eat once or twice a day yet he was stacked like a fire hydrant..
Did you see Bboy's post? He is a pro too, and grew during contest prep doing the routine. That is something there.

Over training is a real thing. So often you hear the mantra of "there is no over training, only undereating and/or under sleeping". I for one have had more than adequate sleep and food intake and still had your experience where I lowered volume and grew more.

I was eating quite a bit of food during that time too and still grew better with low volume

I’d do fairly light warm up sets then 1 actual working set 6-8 reps and then move to the next exercise. Felt a lot more efficient as I’d be able to go all out on every exercise versus the usual workout where you are strongest at your first exercise and gradually decline in strength

As I said I cannot critique it.. but I know my very own body and I know certain routines do not work for myself..
I had my mind set like that once too, and was training fairly high volume for years. Then I got with Phil Hernon and he had my training with about 1/3 the volume or less that I normal did, 1/3 the # of sets. I grew for the first time in almost a year. It was great. I was also on about 1/3 the dose of steroids too. I thought that it wasn't possible. Youd be surprised what could work. At the time I had been lifting seriously for about 20 years.

I had my mind set like that once too, and was training fairly high volume for years. Then I got with Phil Hernon and he had my training with about 1/3 the volume or less that I normal did, 1/3 the # of sets. I grew for the first time in almost a year. It was great. I was also on about 1/3 the dose of steroids too. I thought that it wasn't possible. Youd be surprised what could work. At the time I had been lifting seriously for about 20 years.
Like I said, I can't critique it.. there must be something there like you mentioned before..
I'm most certainly not narrow-minded, because like you - you went back to the drawing boards even after 20 years on the grind..Don't get me started on my failures and stagnant stages, lol.. constantly questioning what am I doing wrong here?!?!?
Truth be told, some of my best sessions were the moments that I had to drag myself into the gym, making every excuse on why not to go. I've learned, to just show up even if it's just going through the motions and believe it or not a good portion of those sessions turned out to be some of my best. I dialed it back and I just went through the motions..

This is what I like to call instinctive training..

I think it's fair to say that all of us have that inner voice "is this going to waste my time"?

By theory it sounds like it's constantly keeping the CNS primed, the bodies computer is ALWAYS on..

LOL ask Dorian Yates! I'm no little guy eitherView attachment 111382
I know your a monster I'm wondering how your muscles responded during those 20 days. If you gained that much strength Id imagine you gained some size too. Are you planning on going back to, and sticking with, that way of training? If not, why?

I know your a monster I'm wondering how your muscles responded during those 20 days. If you gained that much strength Id imagine you gained some size too. Are you planning on going back to, and sticking with, that way of training? If not, why?
That prep was a mind fuck cause I would gain 2-3 lbs but getting tighter, I like a continuous weight drop when I diet if not I freak out. So yes I put on some lean muscle tissue, but training like that also made me hungry as fuck, so for a guy like me that really needs to dig deep and nail the conditioning it makes training like that almost impossible, that was the only thing I did not like about it.

That prep was a mind fuck cause I would gain 2-3 lbs but getting tighter, I like a continuous weight drop when I diet if not I freak out. So yes I put on some lean muscle tissue, but training like that also made me hungry as fuck, so for a guy like me that really needs to dig deep and nail the conditioning it makes training like that almost impossible, that was the only thing I did not like about it.
Have you thought about giving it a try then in the offseason when you don't have to worry about eating more, or are you worried about getting too heavy? I think you compete in the 202 class?

Reactions: KTT
Have you thought about giving it a try then in the offseason when you don't have to worry about eating more, or are you worried about getting too heavy? I think you compete in the 202 class?
Probably only reason I haven't is that I don't think my workout partner could handle it. Pre contest I will end up training by myself a lot but off season I have a 52yr old training partner (natural) that I just don't think could handle that kind of load. I do also sometimes train with the owners of megafit meals and I don't even know if they could handle that constant beating. So that is PROBABLY what holds me back the most from using it in the offseason.

There is a Asian competitor that does very well internationally who does a variation of this. Each bodypart is trained about 4 days a week..he does 12sets total a week for big groups and 8 or so small groups.

So he does a upper body lower body split. He keeps alternating until he feels he needs a rest.. the first workouts of the week are 3 sets of 10 to 12 reps.. usually one exercise a group.. arms 2 sets . He picks 4 exercises per muscle and alternates them per session

The second is 15 to 20 reps ( same cadence as first workout).. the third is cluster sets or muscle rounds two exercises per group except arms where 1 is all he does..

The last workouts are all isolation exercises.. chest is pec deck.. lats are pull overs .. laterals etc. Then the rotation will start again..

Similar to Phil's old workouts and Scott Stevenson's fortitude.. just hit it.. give it some time and hit it again.. it hasnt hurt david henry..

Sounds like he's got a nice system! :)

-S

Probably only reason I haven't is that I don't think my workout partner could handle it. Pre contest I will end up training by myself a lot but off season I have a 52yr old training partner (natural) that I just don't think could handle that kind of load. I do also sometimes train with the owners of megafit meals and I don't even know if they could handle that constant beating. So that is PROBABLY what holds me back the most from using it in the offseason.

Just to confirm, you did 1 set to failure for 21 days straight of the same exercise and strength went up considerably?

Thanks.

Just to confirm, you did 1 set to failure for 21 days straight of the same exercise and strength went up considerably?

Thanks.
For me, my focus was training the sequence of all the body parts using different exercises. So say in a more conventional training session the routine calls for 5 exercises for a biceps/workout, this is hypothetical...I would still do the 5 exercises , only 1 at a time over 5 consecutive days.
This would keep my workouts interesting with different exercises and ensure repeatability of direct muscle stimulation.Instead of doing each 2 or 3 times a week, i was now doing each body part 7 times a week ... and hypothetically each bodypart 392 x a year.

I am thinking about trying this but including warmups it would probably take me 3-4 hours everyday lol

There is a Asian competitor that does very well internationally who does a variation of this. Each bodypart is trained about 4 days a week..he does 12sets total a week for big groups and 8 or so small groups.

So he does a upper body lower body split. He keeps alternating until he feels he needs a rest.. the first workouts of the week are 3 sets of 10 to 12 reps.. usually one exercise a group.. arms 2 sets . He picks 4 exercises per muscle and alternates them per session

The second is 15 to 20 reps ( same cadence as first workout).. the third is cluster sets or muscle rounds two exercises per group except arms where 1 is all he does..

The last workouts are all isolation exercises.. chest is pec deck.. lats are pull overs .. laterals etc. Then the rotation will start again..

Similar to Phil's old workouts and Scott Stevenson's fortitude.. just hit it.. give it some time and hit it again.. it hasnt hurt david henry..
can u name the competitor?

I am thinking about trying this but including warmups it would probably take me 3-4 hours everyday lol
Takes me a bit over 1 and a half hours to complete. Remember, youre only doing 1 set per bodypart, that's it. It might take 2 hours if you rest a long time in between sets, but I rest a lot because of my heart failure and I still get through it fast.

Thanks.
Yes! ......understand that is was pre contest and I was jacked full of drugs also :)

Takes me a bit over 1 and a half hours to complete. Remember, youre only doing 1 set per bodypart, that's it. It might take 2 hours if you rest a long time in between sets, but I rest a lot because of my heart failure and I still get through it fast.
Idk man it takes me a good 15-30mins and 3-5 sets to warm up a muscle before I can give it a good hammering. Even on the quick end, say 10 minutes of warm ups for each body part, thats still at least ~90 minutes for warm ups alone. I still might try it, during Christmas break, but right now I simply don't have the time.

As the program seems to be set up with doing 20 rep sets. The warm up shouldn't take near as long as if some one is doing low reps.

As the program seems to be set up with doing 20 rep sets. The warm up shouldn't take near as long as if some one is doing low reps.

I was doing sets of 8 to 20 reps and found I needed only 1 or 2 warmups. On warmups I usually only do about 8 reps max with a light weight, to get blood in there. On some exercises like triceps you dont have to warm up too much because you have already done compound movements like bench press and the triceps are warmed up. One warmup was enough for me.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131