over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone use Hammer Strength machines?

zgipson91

Registered
Does anyone prefer using the Hammer strength machines, Incline/Decline/Bench/Etc...?

I feel like it isolates better, I can concentrate on the motion and squeeze better than with barbell or dumbbell...What are yall's thoughts?

i use em but not every workout, im 6'4" and they feel too narrow for me like im using too much arms. i just use em for pre exhaust or for a burnout at the end

I am using them. some are better than others. most I have to twick like putting pvc pipe under the arms of the machine for first rep as the stretch is too much.

I do, to mix things up, esp for delts. I'm 6'2", and like gh101 said, anything that involves chest feels like I am working my tri's more than pecs.

i use em but not every workout, im 6'4" and they feel too narrow for me like im using too much arms. i just use em for pre exhaust or for a burnout at the end

Even if you go wide on the handles? Im 6'2 and I have the same problem but if I widen my grip it seems to help

I use the seated chest press and the seated low row when my joints are too fried from kickboxing training to handle bench and BOR.

I use th shrug machine,preacher curl,lateral raise,dy row,pulldown,wide grip bench.I luv those machines.Ive tried other ones and dont really feel them,like thin incline and flat bench to me they suck.But everyones different.

For some reason I do not feel the chest related ones hitting my muscle very well. If I do use them it as a finishing set for chest. The back related ones I find extremely beneficial, especially the lat pull down and lower row machine. Every one has their own niche.

Anyone use Hammer Strength Machines?

I tend not to use machines for anything except delts and hamstrings. Just don't like the feel. ESP for chest movements. Never get a deep soreness from em.

i use them...esp when i dont hav spotter so i can still take tha set into deep failure....i honeslty dont seee no difference when switching from machine to free weight or vice versa in my chest...as long as your bringing intensity to tha set and progressing, its all stimulation and your muscle dont know the difference imo

Sure, theyre a great staple. I'm more partial to some of the newer Paramount as far as plate loaded machines go

I like the chest equipment! I work out by myself, so I don't have to worry about going to failure!!

I use Hammer Strength machines more than barbells or dumbells for upper body. They just feel alot more ergonomically correct than most barbell movements. Not having to use a spotter when going all out is also a definite benefit.

Almost always do for back day. Rarely on chest day, unless I want to mix it up. but, I dont like the feel of the hammer strength chest machines.

I do like them, they just don't like me. For those of use that are freakishly tall, they have a pivot point that is reach about half way through the movement. Once the pivot point is reached, most of the weight is on the machine instead of whichever body part you're working.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I use em if I am alone or on burn outs. I also like it to do drop sets and burn out!

I really like some of the equipment and some not so much. I can feel the decline chest press great in my lower chest. The incline however feels more like a shoulder-tri exercise. Same with some of their back machines. Like others have talked about, height plays a factor. I'm only 5'9"ish

i really dont see how height is a factor here guys like some have mentioned....Every hammer strength machine i have came across has an adjustable seat!!!!!:eek::banghead:I personaly dont find or see height to be any problem here i'm 5"10 have no problem have two buddys 6"6 and 6"2 that use them aswell and love them......

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner