over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone use Hammer Strength machines?

i really dont see how height is a factor here guys like some have mentioned....Every hammer strength machine i have came across has an adjustable seat!!!!!:eek::banghead:I personaly dont find or see height to be any problem here i'm 5"10 have no problem have two buddys 6"6 and 6"2 that use them aswell and love them......

I'm 6'8" and my reach is 7'2". The seat doesn't extend far enough no matter what.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

6ft8 is pretty tall and i can see you at your height having a problem with the seat and with your reach. however for others talkn bout being 6ft2 to 6ft5 i dont see it as a problem as mentiond with two friends using them fine....

the moral of this whole story is use what works best for you!

I would have to agree the seated row is definitely my favorite, but on the decline do you lock your arms out each rep? I was told not to as to keep tension on the muscle?

I would have to agree the seated row is definitely my favorite, but on the decline do you lock your arms out each rep? I was told not to as to keep tension on the muscle?

unless your in a powerlifting meet bro i was coached never lock out on any press movement! it is all about time under tension....

each time u lock out u take stress of the muscle and put it on your joints, elbow for example.....hammer strength press machines you should not be locking out at all..... but goin only 3/4s of the rom....

unless your in a powerlifting meet bro i was coached never lock out on any press movement! it is all about time under tension....

each time u lock out u take stress of the muscle and put it on your joints, elbow for example.....hammer strength press machines you should not be locking out at all..... but goin only 3/4s of the rom....

Thats good shit brotha. This might save my shoulder or elbow they've been pretty rough lately

As a powerlifter I would agree with the above statement. There is no need to truly lock out each rep unless you are doing heavy singles or doubles prepping for a meet.
Also even as a powerlifter I use the hammer chest machines to push my muscles to complete failure as well sometimes. Not all the time just when changing up the accessory work.

Cheers
An Old Dawg

I like the hammer machines but why is it your stronger say for instance on the chest press
But you try the same weight on the bench press with free weights you are struggling

Does anyone prefer using the Hammer strength machines, Incline/Decline/Bench/Etc...?

I feel like it isolates better, I can concentrate on the motion and squeeze better than with barbell or dumbbell...What are yall's thoughts?

I've been using alot of Hammer Strength equipment as of late. My favorites are the seated bench press and the shoulder press that are plate loaded. If I didnt have a women around the house I would replace every part of furniture we have and replace it with Hammer Strength stuff. The only thing I have tried that I didnt like is the tricep pressdown machine that is also plate loaded, its too awkard and the grip is too wide for me to use comfortably.

As a powerlifter I would agree with the above statement. There is no need to truly lock out each rep unless you are doing heavy singles or doubles prepping for a meet.
Also even as a powerlifter I use the hammer chest machines to push my muscles to complete failure as well sometimes. Not all the time just when changing up the accessory work.

Cheers
An Old Dawg

As a powerlifter do use the Hammer Jammer and others similar to it for power training? In my football days we used these religiously and I loved them!

Does anyone prefer using the Hammer strength machines, Incline/Decline/Bench/Etc...?

I feel like it isolates better, I can concentrate on the motion and squeeze better than with barbell or dumbbell...What are yall's thoughts?

i use them all the time

I absolutely love hammer strength machines. I use then over free weights for everything. Dorian Yates didn't get pec density until he switched from free weights to hammer strength.

HAMMER IS EXCELLANT.. so is the nautilus xpload plate loaded equipment.. i feel them much more in my chest than any free weight, no matter how strict, that i have ever used..

I'll say this. After years of PLing that yes I can feel many machine exercises better than free weights. It is hard to pull myself off say the bench and onto the machines. But I'll concede I feel them more. At this point for me its not an either or. I mix it up and hit both

I like the hammer machines but why is it your stronger say for instance on the chest press
But you try the same weight on the bench press with free weights you are struggling

I like the seated bench press. The arc your hands go in make it almost a cross
between dips and a barbell bench. I think this is why you are so much stronger on the machine. You start out pushing down then finish pushing out.
I feel like just handling so much more weight helps with strength for improving my bench.

Use them for warm ups before hitting the free weights. :)

i honeslty dont seee no difference when switching from machine to free weight or vice versa in my chest

I don't see a diff. in terms of soreness or hypertrophy, but I do in strength. If I skip bench too much it goes down fast.

Personally...I can't stand the flat bench. When you have any real weight on the machine, you start at such a low point/bottom, that the stress on the shoulder is very difficult to push out from.

I was doing those today, and a guy came up to me and mentioned the weight I was using...I told him I could put more on, but I'm starting in such a stretched position, it can be very limiting...and he agreed.

I would suggest having some type of foot lever to get the handles up like 6 inches or so, in order to get into a good starting position.

Just my 0.02

I love hammer strength machines... just a great way to be able to really go full force to failure without worrying about killing yourself accidentally

Great machines easy on the elbows.Rear delt machine is great.Same one as seen in blood and guts vid

Hammer strength work great for me!!! I use just about every machine they produce! I'm 6' 2" with an abnormal reach of 79" and I have no problems at all with using these machines. Love em'!!!

You must be a hell of a basketball player

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner