over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone use KT tape?

ATP

Registered
I injured my distal biceps tendon (the tendon that connects the biceps muscles to the forearm) and was thinking about trying some KT tape on it. Has anyone ever used KT tape for a tendinopathy, and did it help?

I use it regularly on my left arm for tendinitis in my elbow. If you watch the video it shows you how to apply it for each area. Make sure to wipe the area with alcohol so that it adheres better. I like the cotton better than the synthetic because it sticks to itself and the synthetic does not.

Ive used it on my shoulder in the past a number of times, seemed to help, maybe it was just mental.

Buy the Rock Tape brand instead. It stays on longer, looks cooler, and works 100% better!

Thanks, all, for the advice. I'm going to give it a shot!

I've used it, and so has the wife. Not miraculous, but definitely helps. Used it on a hamstring strain, and it helped a lot. Shoulder, not as much. My wife used it for her elbow tendinitis, and it didn't seem to help much.

I've got patellar tendinosis. I can't squat without my rocktape

Is this the stuff you see all the Cross Fit people wearing during their competitions on ESPN?

Is this the stuff you see all the Cross Fit people wearing during their competitions on ESPN?

It works great by bringing blood to the area. JJ taught me where to put my tape.

It sure is! The cross fitters make it look good.:D

I injured my distal biceps tendon (the tendon that connects the biceps muscles to the forearm) and was thinking about trying some KT tape on it. Has anyone ever used KT tape for a tendinopathy, and did it help?
I injured the same tendon last year and frankly my advice is to baby that sucker to the point of not stressing it for months on end if need be. I think I was 6 months no direct bicep strain. That is no biceps training at all and my lat training was done without bending my arms [basically just using straight arms to move my scapulae]. That's not what you want to hear I'm sure and perhaps your strain is less severe than mine. But I was looking at surgery if my partial tear got worse. 6 months was a long time to avoid training bis but I healed and avoided the surgery.
Buy the Rock Tape brand instead. It stays on longer, looks cooler, and works 100% better!

Rock Tape huh I'll have to give that a try. The regular stuff gave me mixed results.

I injured the same tendon last year and frankly my advice is to baby that sucker to the point of not stressing it for months on end if need be. I think I was 6 months no direct bicep strain. That is no biceps training at all and my lat training was done without bending my arms [basically just using straight arms to move my scapulae]. That's not what you want to hear I'm sure and perhaps your strain is less severe than mine. But I was looking at surgery if my partial tear got worse. 6 months was a long time to avoid training bis but I healed and avoided the surgery.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate your advice. My tendon pain started in April and I've been resting it since then—so almost 5 months already—but it doesn't seem to be improving. I have had injuries before, so I've learned the hard way that you can't just work through them, so in this instance I stopped all biceps training immediately and cut back on lat training to just exercises that don't aggravate it, like you. It wasn't getting better, so I went to an orthopedist about 2 months ago, who sent me told me to PT, and I've been doing that three times a week for about 6 weeks. To be honest, though, I think the PT exercises may be making it worse, so I'm inclined to just rest it again. But I thought the tape might still help, even when not working the muscle directly, and I'm feeling a little desperate. I sometimes feel pain just turning a doorknob or picking up a cup of coffee.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws