advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone use MK-677 (Ibutamoren) during contest prep??

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Was wondering if anyone uses MK during a contest prep. I've used it a few times and it definitely increase IGF-1 levels (per blood test) but never used it while dieting.
I was wondering if the increase in IGF actually helped with fat loss at all

Other than increased muscle fullness (which it does do quite well), I've personally found it to be a worthless compound. It doesn't do jack shit for muscle building or fat loss for me. Not a single kg of muscle or fat lost on months of 20 mg/day.

Was wondering if anyone uses MK during a contest prep. I've used it a few times and it definitely increase IGF-1 levels (per blood test) but never used it while dieting.
I was wondering if the increase in IGF actually helped with fat loss at all

It makes for a grand sleep aid while on tren. Other than that and the fullness like above already said it provides next to nothing for body comp.

Too much bloating. Too muchh hunger.
Hard to tell what your progress is.

Seems like the most people have changed their tune on MK. 5 years ago, on this board, this shit was amazing. Take it forever, GH is too expensive and this is badass. More studies, more anecdotal evidence has changed it. I trust Dr. Scott and he has echoed the idea that it loses its peak effectiveness within weeks and causes far more BG problems that exo GH does. For it to realllly work, it seems you need to really rotate on and off it–and with the bloat, that means you would visually change far too often for me to tell wtf was working and what wasn't. That's just my 2 cents.

I'm happy someone finally echoes my thoughts on MK677. If the main benefit of GH is fat loss, at least to me it is never got anything else from it, so how does something that creates intense hunger and bloat have any benefits? Maybe the water retention leads to less injury but for my cousin who is a skinny runt and MK677 would be great for he gained so much weight so fast he tore a pec muscle!

I don't see it having any place in contest prep, if you're skinny and want to gain weight as fast as possible it has benefits but other than that I don't see it. I won't ever use it again but I will say this the instant sleep benefit is nice, but again not worth the bloat and hunger obviously not for me anyway.

Awful idea during contest Prep IMO.
The water retention Is bad enough to Mask your real condition, and the Hunger can get outta hand no matter your willpower.
Also, in my personal experience , It seems to weaken the fat loss from other drugs.

I'm happy someone finally echoes my thoughts on MK677. If the main benefit of GH is fat loss, at least to me it is never got anything else from it, so how does something that creates intense hunger and bloat have any benefits? Maybe the water retention leads to less injury but for my cousin who is a skinny runt and MK677 would be great for he gained so much weight so fast he tore a pec muscle!

I don't see it having any place in contest prep, if you're skinny and want to gain weight as fast as possible it has benefits but other than that I don't see it. I won't ever use it again but I will say this the instant sleep benefit is nice, but again not worth the bloat and hunger obviously not for me anyway.

Not to mention the sleep benefit lasts all day and isn't very productive when you're supposed to be fully awake :D

Its only place is in a bulk where you would struggle to get the calories in imo. It’s great for that purpose and my best bulks involved mk. I think the amount of food I consumed + its effect on bloodsugar weren’t very healthy tbh.

Its only place is in a bulk where you would struggle to get the calories in imo. It’s great for that purpose and my best bulks involved mk. I think the amount of food I consumed + its effect on bloodsugar weren’t very healthy tbh.

I quit it entirely once I started getting symptoms of constantly elevated blood sugar, that can idd not be healthy and possibly very problematic in the long run. Quit while you're ahead folks!

It jacked my prolactin levels so high that my Endo was freaking out. It took several months got things to level out. Can't recommend, unless you want tender nips and low sex drive. YMMV

I quit it entirely once I started getting symptoms of constantly elevated blood sugar, that can idd not be healthy and possibly very problematic in the long run. Quit while you're ahead folks!
It jacked my prolactin levels so high that my Endo was freaking out. It took several months got things to level out. Can't recommend, unless you want tender nips and low sex drive. YMMV
What dosages were you guys using that caused blood sugar and prolactin issues?

What dosages were you guys using that caused blood sugar and prolactin issues?

I was on 20 mg/day for close to a year.

In hindsight I think I may have to attribute my sexual issues (mostly low sex drive) to the Prolactin-elevation from the MK as well (and not to my Estrogen being too high as I earlier suspected since I've never had sexual issues before with Estrogen being always too high). It sucks that we can only do bloodwork through our GP's here in Belgium and I don't want it on record that I'm using anything illegal so it's a guessing game for me but it would make sense if it was because of the MK since that's the only thing that has really changed in my PED-usage this past year.

Anyway, yet another reason to ditch it and never use it again.

Note: blood sugar is one of the things I can get tested without questions asked so I did and it was idd substantially elevated on MK-677.

I was on 20 mg/day for close to a year.

In hindsight I think I may have to attribute my sexual issues (mostly low sex drive) to the Prolactin-elevation from the MK as well (and not to my Estrogen being too high as I earlier suspected since I've never had sexual issues before with Estrogen being always too high). It sucks that we can only do bloodwork through our GP's here in Belgium and I don't want it on record that I'm using anything illegal so it's a guessing game for me but it would make sense if it was because of the MK since that's the only thing that has really changed in my PED-usage this past year.

Anyway, yet another reason to ditch it and never use it again.

Note: blood sugar is one of the things I can get tested without questions asked so I did and it was idd substantially elevated on MK-677.
How high was it? You can try bloedwaardentest.nl for bloods if you live close to the border or don’t mind a little drive. It’s more expensive and a bit of a hassle but it gets the job done.

Well that's just fucking great that it takes months to level out again :LOL:
How high was it? You can try bloedwaardentest.nl for bloods if you live close to the border or don’t mind a little drive. It’s more expensive and a bit of a hassle but it gets the job done.

I don't recall and I don't have a print-out but it was substantially over the range.

Thx for the link! Didn't know we have something like that available to us as well :)

Yea I ran it for 3 weeks and could not stop eating at 25mg. 4,000 calories a day was typical and I would wake up at midnight and eat 2 PBJs and a protein shake like it was a ritz cracker

3 year bloodwork study upcoming results in 1 week: (unlike the above posts, I've had nothing but great results with mk677 over the years.

All offer my 2 cents: I love using mk677 1/2 of the year, then take 1/2 of the year off it.
I take it during the season (spring and summer) that I spend alot of time outdoors at the waterpark, as we get a season pass every year.

It gives me good fullness and vascularity, great pumps in gym, super lubrication of joints as it increases collagen synthesis, and it is the equivalent of using 3.4 iu of HGH that is used in the Hospitals in china for dwarfism (as compared to Supertropin which I had bloodwork done on as well). It raises my igf-1 140 points for the 1st several weeks, then continues to work by raising igf-1 x 100 points over normal for the next 6 months.

The hunger pains go away after the first several weeks, I experience no tiredness from it whatsoever but instead get a nootropic sense of well being from it the entire time I'm on it. Perhaps I am different from many others who experience bouts of tiredness from it, none here at all. Strength increases are seen over time that range from 20 to 25% (just like the studies done on the old people mk677 study).

I get no bloat whatsoever from the mk677 as I remain on a keto diet year round, despite having no complex carbs (besides 2 tablespoon peanut butter 1 hour pre-workout for great energy in gym) I gain strength from workout to workout with great energy, carbs are not needed for amazing gains in the gym or adding lots of new muscle mass, but protein and fats are needed, keeping protein at 1g per lb of body weight is very important for this to happen however, even up to 1.3g per lb of body weight is just fine with the Palumbo keto diet.

Anyhow, that's my brief overview of my experience with 3 years of being on mk677 for 1/2 of each year.

New baseline bloodwork to be posted in 1 week, along with all the old bloodwork from the past 2 years, as well as the new mk677 bloodwork after being on it again for 2 weeks.

3 year bloodwork study upcoming results in 1 week: (unlike the above posts, I've had nothing but great results with mk677 over the years.

All offer my 2 cents: I love using mk677 1/2 of the year, then take 1/2 of the year off it.
I take it during the season (spring and summer) that I spend alot of time outdoors at the waterpark, as we get a season pass every year.

It gives me good fullness and vascularity, great pumps in gym, super lubrication of joints as it increases collagen synthesis, and it is the equivalent of using 3.4 iu of HGH that is used in the Hospitals in china for dwarfism (as compared to Supertropin which I had bloodwork done on as well). It raises my igf-1 140 points for the 1st several weeks, then continues to work by raising igf-1 x 100 points over normal for the next 6 months.

The hunger pains go away after the first several weeks, I experience no tiredness from it whatsoever but instead get a nootropic sense of well being from it the entire time I'm on it. Perhaps I am different from many others who experience bouts of tiredness from it, none here at all. Strength increases are seen over time that range from 20 to 25% (just like the studies done on the old people mk677 study).

I get no bloat whatsoever from the mk677 as I remain on a keto diet year round, despite having no complex carbs (besides 2 tablespoon peanut butter 1 hour pre-workout for great energy in gym) I gain strength from workout to workout with great energy, carbs are not needed for amazing gains in the gym or adding lots of new muscle mass, but protein and fats are needed, keeping protein at 1g per lb of body weight is very important for this to happen however, even up to 1.3g per lb of body weight is just fine with the Palumbo keto diet.

Anyhow, that's my brief overview of my experience with 3 years of being on mk677 for 1/2 of each year.

New baseline bloodwork to be posted in 1 week, along with all the old bloodwork from the past 2 years, as well as the new mk677 bloodwork after being on it again for 2 weeks.

Perhaps a stupid question and certainly not meant to diss you but if it works so well for you, why do you only take it for a half year and not the entire year?

jeroendebleser said:
"Perhaps a stupid question and certainly not meant to diss you but if it works so well for you, why do you only take it for a half year and not the entire year?"

That is a very good question. The reasons I only use it for 6 to 7 months total, is because by the 7th month I noticed from my bloodwork that the peak level (+100 added IGF-1 points above baseline during months 1 thru 6) would begin to fall a bit (ie only +95 points increase). This was seen each year at the 7th to 8th month. By the 8th month it was around (+80 point increase). I also studied the MK677 studies and found the same thing was happening with the others in the study. The peak level which was held for at least 6 months began to decline a bit. This told me it was best to take a break from it at that time, then get back on it again later...similar to a steroid cycle is how I use it then. There is a slight withdrawal when coming off it after 7 months, but nothing major--just some tiredness for several days, a day or so of lower spirits, and then I was back to my normal happy self after around 5 days.

Self:
227 igf-1---->372 igf1 (25mg mk677) = increase of 145 points for 1st two weeks
Self:
227 igf-1---->327 igf1 (25mg mk677) = increase of 100 points after the 1st couple weeks and remains so for 6 months. A regulatory system is kicked in by the body
after the first 2 weeks to keep the levels from rising too high.

7 months in while taking it, I had labs done, mk677 had no detrimental effects on my insulin, glucose, A1c, etc.

Labs from Sept 26, 2018:

Insulin 8.2 uU/ml , normal, low =2.6, high = 24.9
Glucose: 89.0 mg/dl, normal, low = 70, high = 99
HbA1c: 5.1%, normal, low = 4.0, high = 5.6

Also noticed: enhanced exercise tolerance in the gym and on treadmill aside from the other effects listed above.

More detail:

IGF-1 range for my age group of 48 ------- 67 to 205 ng/ml igf-1
IGF-1 range for older adults ----------------- 59 to 225 ng/ml igf-1
IGF-1 range for young adults is ------------ 116 to 358 ng/ml igf-1

4-6-18, baseline igf -1 = 227 ng/ml------------------------------------------------- baseline
4-11-18, 2 days on 4iu of Chinese pharm grade HGH = 380 ng/ml---------increase of 153 points
4-25-18, 2 weeks on mk677 only = 372 ng/ml------------------------------------increase of 145 points (nearly 150 point increase only lasts 2 weeks)
9-7-18, 6 months on mk677 only = 322 ng/ml------------------------------------increase of 95 points
11-2-18, 8 months on mk677 only = 304 ng/ml-----------------------------------increase of 75 points (levels start to fall after 6 months on mk677)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
new year:
3-18-19, 4 weeks on mk677 only = 327 ng/ml-------------------------------------increase of 100 points, (2-22-19 thru 3-18-19 thus far)

Year 2018 = 322 ng/ml igf-1 (average level during 1st 6 months on 25mg mk677 in morning) is equivalent of 3.4 iu pharm grade GH from China, as 95 point raise per each 1iu of hgh for me.

Year 2019 = 327 ng/ml igf-1 (after 1 month on 25mg mk677 in the am) is equivalent to 3.4 iu pharm grade GH from China, as 95 point raise per each 1iu of hgh
for me.
Like Like Reply
Report 1580597115848.gif mk graph.jpg

jeroendebleser said:
"Perhaps a stupid question and certainly not meant to diss you but if it works so well for you, why do you only take it for a half year and not the entire year?"

That is a very good question. The reasons I only use it for 6 to 7 months total, is because by the 7th month I noticed from my bloodwork that the peak level (+100 added IGF-1 points above baseline during months 1 thru 6) would begin to fall a bit (ie only +95 points increase). This was seen each year at the 7th to 8th month. By the 8th month it was around (+80 point increase). I also studied the MK677 studies and found the same thing was happening with the others in the study. The peak level which was held for at least 6 months began to decline a bit. This told me it was best to take a break from it at that time, then get back on it again later...similar to a steroid cycle is how I use it then. There is a slight withdrawal when coming off it after 7 months, but nothing major--just some tiredness for several days, a day or so of lower spirits, and then I was back to my normal happy self after around 5 days.

Self:
227 igf-1---->372 igf1 (25mg mk677) = increase of 145 points for 1st two weeks
Self:
227 igf-1---->327 igf1 (25mg mk677) = increase of 100 points after the 1st couple weeks and remains so for 6 months. A regulatory system is kicked in by the body
after the first 2 weeks to keep the levels from rising too high.

7 months in while taking it, I had labs done, mk677 had no detrimental effects on my insulin, glucose, A1c, etc.

Labs from Sept 26, 2018:

Insulin 8.2 uU/ml , normal, low =2.6, high = 24.9
Glucose: 89.0 mg/dl, normal, low = 70, high = 99
HbA1c: 5.1%, normal, low = 4.0, high = 5.6

Also noticed: enhanced exercise tolerance in the gym and on treadmill aside from the other effects listed above.

More detail:

IGF-1 range for my age group of 48 ------- 67 to 205 ng/ml igf-1
IGF-1 range for older adults ----------------- 59 to 225 ng/ml igf-1
IGF-1 range for young adults is ------------ 116 to 358 ng/ml igf-1

4-6-18, baseline igf -1 = 227 ng/ml------------------------------------------------- baseline
4-11-18, 2 days on 4iu of Chinese pharm grade HGH = 380 ng/ml---------increase of 153 points
4-25-18, 2 weeks on mk677 only = 372 ng/ml------------------------------------increase of 145 points (nearly 150 point increase only lasts 2 weeks)
9-7-18, 6 months on mk677 only = 322 ng/ml------------------------------------increase of 95 points
11-2-18, 8 months on mk677 only = 304 ng/ml-----------------------------------increase of 75 points (levels start to fall after 6 months on mk677)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
new year:
3-18-19, 4 weeks on mk677 only = 327 ng/ml-------------------------------------increase of 100 points, (2-22-19 thru 3-18-19 thus far)

Year 2018 = 322 ng/ml igf-1 (average level during 1st 6 months on 25mg mk677 in morning) is equivalent of 3.4 iu pharm grade GH from China, as 95 point raise per each 1iu of hgh for me.

Year 2019 = 327 ng/ml igf-1 (after 1 month on 25mg mk677 in the am) is equivalent to 3.4 iu pharm grade GH from China, as 95 point raise per each 1iu of hgh
for me.
View attachment 113566 Like Reply
ReportView attachment 113566View attachment 113567

Very elaborate to say the least. Thx for sharing all of that!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws