advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone use Spirinolactone (diuretic) with Test to keep off water retention?

Hungry4Life

Registered
I'm just wondering if anyone has experience using Spironolactone and an AI to keep off water when using test?

How effective is it?

If so, how hard do you think the Spirinolactione is really on the kidneys?

How does Spirinolactone's anti-androgenic property affect the cycle?

Thanks.

I'm just wondering if anyone has experience using Spironolactone and an AI to keep off water when using test?

How effective is it?

Thanks.

Spironolactone has an affinity for several receptors and enzymes. How it interacts with all these targets depends on delicate dosage thresholds. It can best be manipulated with the appropriate doses and timings.

I'm curious to learn more of these particulars.

Posts like this concern me a little. I can really only understand diuretic use(and that with caution) for a bb contest itself. Our bodies aren't machines. All drugs have their side effects and consequences in our bodies. I think with the gear and stimulants for fat burning, and the Pre workout stimulants(C4, etc.), adding more drugs into the system could be harmful. Not in the short term, necessarily, but in the longer term.
Perhaps what you are attributing to water retention is just simply bodyfat? Maybe try dieting down a bit more. I look best in the morning after I have pissed out a few pounds of water during the night. Then I drink tons of water in the daytime and smooth out a little in the evening. But I'm certainly not gonna walk around in a semi dehydrated state just to look a little harder at the gym.
Idk, I'm just talking out loud.

Posts like this concern me a little. I can really only understand diuretic use(and that with caution) for a bb contest itself. Our bodies aren't machines. All drugs have their side effects and consequences in our bodies. I think with the gear and stimulants for fat burning, and the Pre workout stimulants(C4, etc.), adding more drugs into the system could be harmful. Not in the short term, necessarily, but in the longer term.
Perhaps what you are attributing to water retention is just simply bodyfat? Maybe try dieting down a bit more. I look best in the morning after I have pissed out a few pounds of water during the night. Then I drink tons of water in the daytime and smooth out a little in the evening. But I'm certainly not gonna walk around in a semi dehydrated state just to look a little harder at the gym.
Idk, I'm just talking out loud.

I'd counter argue that the body is a machine.:) But that's not what we're getting at here. Personally, I hardly care for diuretic use simply for appearance, but diuretic use can be healthy such as for blood pressure, etc.

For a drug such as this, you would have to embrace all of it's effects, or you might as well take another simple diuretic. Obviously, most people just use Spironolactone as a topical anti-androgen, but some of it will, none the less, spill over into general circulation. That's why I'd like to examine Spironolactone in a greater context.

The compound is technically an anti androgen (has been used to combat hirsutism in women), so I'd think long term use would mess up your gains to a degree.

Dandelion Root pills or Tea works great

Personally id say for day to day use and for "looks" on test, id use Dandelion root

I use it, Aldactone, starting 10-14 days out from my show. Works great for me. My coach adjusts the dogs depending on the way I look. I use Test with it. I cut my test about 10 days out. Works great for me. Never needed Diazide. This works great for me.

How effective is it?

Thanks.

Spironolactone is an extremely potent anti-androgen and would avoid using orally. Used topically (for hair loss) carries some risk as well (regarding anti-androgen activity) because it is absorbed through the skin, but obviously not to the degree of dosing orally.

Now how strongly it effects someone's strength or muscular gains on an AAS cycle could be debated. Off cycle it will chemically castrate you, but on cycle its hard to say. Based on my knowledge in neurochemistry, it will have a stronger negative effect on your psyche (reduced libido, ED, anxiety, depression) than it would the physical body as far as strength gains etc

Bumping older post for new thoughts. I just ordered some of this for quick relief of acne as it is commonly prescribed for that as an off label use. Now most of us know that this is a potassium sparing diuretic so it should be used with extreme caution. Too much potassium in your system can and will affect your ticker up to and including heart palpitations and murmurs, weak thready pulses, etc, and without regular labs drawn, id be afraid to use this long term or in high doses. I work in a hospital so i have access to this though. The action it uses to help with acne though is it's anti androgen capabilities. To my knowledge, It does this thorough two pathways, suppression of androgen production, and binding to the AR. I am interested though in its binding affinity to the AR as that would obviously compete with the androgenic compounds we have floating around thus suppressing gains. But to what extent. Unfortunately i don't think there's too many studies out there on "spironolactones effects on the steroid users." But maybe someone knows some technical details as to which receptors it binds to most strongly and what degree. That is above me at this point.

As far as i remember diuretics takes over gears receptors so anything you inject will be wasted at some degree

Bumping older post for new thoughts. I just ordered some of this for quick relief of acne as it is commonly prescribed for that as an off label use. Now most of us know that this is a potassium sparing diuretic so it should be used with extreme caution. Too much potassium in your system can and will affect your ticker up to and including heart palpitations and murmurs, weak thready pulses, etc, and without regular labs drawn, id be afraid to use this long term or in high doses. I work in a hospital so i have access to this though. The action it uses to help with acne though is it's anti androgen capabilities. To my knowledge, It does this thorough two pathways, suppression of androgen production, and binding to the AR. I am interested though in its binding affinity to the AR as that would obviously compete with the androgenic compounds we have floating around thus suppressing gains. But to what extent. Unfortunately i don't think there's too many studies out there on "spironolactones effects on the steroid users." But maybe someone knows some technical details as to which receptors it binds to most strongly and what degree. That is above me at this point.

It isn't entirely selective of the AR, also there are no AR subtypes for tissue selectivity. Most of AR selectivity comes from the way in which a ligand activates the AR.

Spironolactone has an affinity for several receptors. Aside from affinity, once it gets to the receptor, it has different actions in different receptors under different conditions. That makes for a tight rope to walk.

If you are looking for a pure androgen antagonist, RU58841 is the new compound that everyone is raving about. It's non-steroidal.

Also there's entirely different mechanisms to consider. There's more to life than simple ANDROGEN ACTION, and there are mechanisms proving to be more influential, such as taming the immune response.

As far as i remember diuretics takes over gears receptors so anything you inject will be wasted at some degree

How is he post whore trolling like that without a ban ?

Last edited:
RU58841 for acne?

I'd have to look into it again. People are using it for everything Androgen related. If you could ascertain the proper dose and administration method, it should outperform Spironolactone.

My issue is more with my immune response. Taking Androgens definitely increases immune-system activity. I'm interested in CRTH2 antagonists. These things are the next-gen for alopecia.

I'd like to know which receptors this has the highest binding affinity for. It seems to be very broad. Would be awesome if it was more selective to the skin receptors, lol

If you're not prepping for contest why would you want to use diuretics just to keep bloat off? Its hard on kidney.
Supplements or food that have diuretic properties like VitC, asparagus, celery...etc will be better option in the long run. And of course cut sodium if possible and drink more water.

If you're not prepping for contest why would you want to use diuretics just to keep bloat off? Its hard on kidney.
Supplements or food that have diuretic properties like VitC, asparagus, celery...etc will be better option in the long run. And of course cut sodium if possible and drink more water.
I'm interested in it for its anti acne properties actually. I can control bloat other ways.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws