YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone use whey as their primary protein source?

Whey is food by-product, not food. Egg whites are still food.

Main difference between those two would be riboflavin b vitamins a little potassium and magnesium in the whites. While the whey would actually contain more bcaa. If u are adding in a multi u would be hard pressed to notice any shit of a difference. If u want to debate whole foods total vitamin and mineral content along with omega 3s etc then u would be in essence correctly whole foods would be stellar. I see where u are coming from. There are plenty of variables to consider.

Interesting that some of the people arguing against protein powders were also pimping Humapro not too long ago.

Its gonna be dependent on goals, if you are tyring to rip up a meal plan consisting of mostly whole foods is usually recommended.
If Im trying to add size then some extra shakes to drink some of the extra cals I need is ok.
PWO Ill have a shake- but sometimes I will use a mix of shake and food as well.
Just depends on the situation and the diet Im on at the time.

Shakes also dont give the thermic effect of whole food and can be more insulogenic as well, so there use should be planned thoughtfully IMO.

Well said!

One thing too many people don't realize is that people often opt for real food when cutting. And guys who are successful at being LARGE or adding to muscle ADD shakes to their already 7-10 meals. They're not used as a meal replacement staple. It's shakes ON TOP of a lot of real food.

You guys keep buying your whey. I haven't used it since 2009 - save for maybe 10 shakes a year the last two years. EAT REAL FOOD.

Interesting that some of the people arguing against protein powders were also pimping Humapro not too long ago.

:yeahthat:

ROTFLMAO!!! Are you guys serious? Are you that slow? Pimping or spreading knowledge and explaining claims? Let's see...I have had no affiliation with the company for....hmm going on 25 months now and I am still mostly standing by what I said then as well. Humapro is not a whey "protein powder" but apparently both of you guys believe that. OR...maybe it's interesting to you because you thought I was still working for them? Nope, not that either. What was the NNU of Humapro?? Oh, 99%? No waste? I'm not going to re-hash Humapro....nor do I have any idea if it's the same product it was when it first came out due to who is behind the scenes now.

JOTUN how interesting is it? Please tell me how it intrigues you that I have the same ideals I have had now for over 5 yrs about how whey protein is not the best choice? Since you have 2.9 posts per year, I doubt I will be getting an answer..but thank you for making another wonderful contribution!

Last edited:
Doctors that conduct studies know very little about bodybuilding. These are the same doctors that tell you that steroids are going to kill you.

I know something that ZERO of them have ever found out.

"Just because something looks good on paper, doesn't mean that it will actually work in the human body."

I have actually worked with lots of athletes who's bodies defied the laws of any of the "theory" we hold to be true. When you see that happen first hand as I have, your eyes open up to the reality that you have been sold a bill of goods your whole life.

Hope u can cover your macros to be equal to " whole foods." You doing a study on yourself wouldn't do much. Need a control group conducted by actual doctors then u can submit to whatever journal u want. Then we can go back to debating as it seems very few on here have done any research

One thing too many people don't realize is that people often opt for real food when cutting. And guys who are successful at being LARGE or adding to muscle ADD shakes to their already 7-10 meals. They're not used as a meal replacement staple. It's shakes ON TOP of a lot of real food.

You guys keep buying your whey. I haven't used it since 2009 - save for maybe 10 shakes a year the last two years. EAT REAL FOOD.
First, just to make it clear how much I really don't want to argue with you because I greatly respect you, and because we really agree on the main issue (don't consume just whey).That being said, those specific arguments are flawed.

Most guys opt for food they can chew rather than drink when on limited calories? Really? Whole food is more satiating, obviously.

Professional bodybuilders typically don't consume nothing but whey for their protein? Could that be because they are by far some of the most dedicated people in the fitness industry, and because it just psychologically seems right? Saying "successful people do this, so anything else is wrong" is just silly.

I think another big part yall are skipping is calories. I mean Even the leanest meats are gonna have 4-6g of trace fats for a 50g protein source. So compare that to 1g from Isopure. Also, I rarely see guys boiling chicken and eating it completely unseasoned. When you add that bit of spray oil, the seasonings, that little salad, and those trace fats, 4x per day, that can add up to needed calories.

Lol that's Dan Duchaine you're thinking of man, Layne is a professional "Natural" Bodybuilder (whether you believe him or not is up to you) with a PHD who is most known for his studies on leucine, basically showing the amount of leucine it takes (in rats) to stimulate optimal protein synthesis.

No I wasn't Dan I'm sure if it. Dan did plenty of other crap and I dealt with Dan many a time. This was some other dude I just can't recall his name. I don't think it was Bruce Keller but someone from that era.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Personally i won't eat meat unless its organic. Which is very expensive so i get most of my protein from whey. Ive never been a big meat eater and i always got good gains from using mostly shakes. Meat that is not organic has too much toxic crap in it.

Let's also keep in mind that probably most of us aren't drinking just whey and water. I add coconut oil or flaxseed oil or fiber or psyllium, almond butter you name it. This changes things up a lot than just having whey in plain water.

No I wasn't Dan I'm sure if it. Dan did plenty of other crap and I dealt with Dan many a time. This was some other dude I just can't recall his name. I don't think it was Bruce Keller but someone from that era.

It was Author L Rea

The largest part of my protein intake each day comes from Whey isolate.

It fascinates me that people still think that the protein they sell you in a jug would be superior to that provided by food.

I also never understood this.
Really strange belief when you think about it...

It was Author L Rea

Ah ok. And he claims to gained 20lbs and waist shrunk a lot because all he had was liquid meals. That's a ton of whey protein you need to consume because you are relying on gluconeogensis to prevent you from going hypo from the insulin. He was drinking 1000gms of whey.

Let's also keep in mind that probably most of us aren't drinking just whey and water. I add coconut oil or flaxseed oil or fiber or psyllium, almond butter you name it. This changes things up a lot than just having whey in plain water.

Exactly. No one who knows what they are actually doing would ever have 2 scoops of whey and call those 240 calories a meal. There is ALWAYS something added to it, like oats, almond butter, etc.

Same with chicken breast.

Point blank, if you want to look and feel the best as god intended, eat real food and real food only. But whey shakes are good while on the go, and Up Your Mass is the best meal replacement shake

Exactly. No one who knows what they are actually doing would ever have 2 scoops of whey and call those 240 calories a meal. There is ALWAYS something added to it, like oats, almond butter, etc.

Same with chicken breast.
Agreed, saying that it's stupid to just consume whey protein all day with nothing else is just a strawman argument as the OP specifically said he would use it as his primary PROTEIN source. He said absolutely nothing about not eating carb or fat sources from whole food with those shakes. Also, primary does not mean only.

There's the breakfast. Since whey is such a "superior" protein source to everything else in the world, there is no need for me to mix it in anything but water. That's how it will be. Whey will take the place of any meat or eggs that I eat in any of my meals.

1 cup of oatmeal, 50g Whey Isolate, 1 grapefruit

It's on.

Don't know how the picture got turned in transfer.

Attachments

• IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 167

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member