advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone used the cooked, frozen chicken from the chicken pound?

powerlifter1983

Registered
Newbies
I bought like 20 lbs of their flavored, cooked frozen chicken last year which was really good because I was on a keto diet and all I had to do was add spinach and some low carb salad dressing and the meals tasted decent.

Anyone else tried them and what do you think of them as bang for the buck?

Bang for buck obviously isn’t as good as cooking it yourself but I do a meal of it a day in the off-season for convenience.

It’s as cheap as I’ve found for bulk cooked chicken from a meal prep company. You can get similar at Sprouts or Costco for slightly cheaper per pound as there’s no shipping but it doesn’t taste as good and probably isn’t as ‘clean’ if that matters to you.

Is it breast, breast with rib or dark?
All breast from my experience. They now do the suve or whatever it's called when they cook it in a plastic bag in warm water. I am out at this point, too bad it was good. Food cooked in a disposable plastic bag does not interest me, certainly not for the premium I am paying for it being cooked.

All breast from my experience. They now do the suve or whatever it's called when they cook it in a plastic bag in warm water. I am out at this point, too bad it was good. Food cooked in a disposable plastic bag does not interest me, certainly not for the premium I am paying for it being cooked.

Whats your reasoning for that? If done right, sous vide produces a much higher quality product. Much juicier instead of the dry crap.

Expensive but very good. I prefer their Balsamic and Jerk flavors. To save some dough you can mix it half and half with a plain breast and it still has enough flavor.

Whats your reasoning for that? If done right, sous vide produces a much higher quality product. Much juicier instead of the dry crap.
I don't trust the disposable plastic to hold up to even the minor heating that it is being exposed to. I'm not a fanatic about plastic but if I can avoid more exposure I absolutely will. We know the cheap plastic used in bottled water leaches into the water and that's at room temp and is especially bad when heated. This summer leave a cheap bottled water on your cars dash all day and I bet you can taste the plastic by days end. We have also known saran wrap leaches easily as well and I put these bags, one and done throw away disposables, on that level.

I also don't buy those boil in bag veggies either as well and prefer to reheat food in pyrex vs tupperware. None of this requires me to "sacrifice" really anything or go out of my way so I do it.

I tried it - super dry IMO. But I generally feel that way about chicken breast in general unless you at a fancy restaurant and they sous vide'n...

I guess I might just be better off with buying canned chicken, tuna and roast beef from Walmart since I want the extra sodium on a low carb diet.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member