advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone watching the Tyson/Jones fight tonight?

I watched it on a live stream on IG so the quality wasn't the best. From what I saw Tyson looked great but Roy ruined the fight just holding on all the time. It was an effective plan (to avoid getting knocked out) but the opposite of being entertaining. No one can really be surprised though.

I completely agree. I dont understand all the holding Roy Jones was doing. Quite pathetic, but still made $3M. I was waiting to see some of Tysons signature shots,..right to the body, right uppercut. But Tyson couldn't get going, with all the holding Jones was doing. Still great to see a few 50+ year olds box.. And its great Tyson was donating that all to charity. So worth the $50 I paid.

I just watched it and thought Tyson won the fight for sure. His cardio was pretty good

I completely agree. I dont understand all the holding Roy Jones was doing. Quite pathetic, but still made $3M. I was waiting to see some of Tysons signature shots,..right to the body, right uppercut. But Tyson couldn't get going, with all the holding Jones was doing. Still great to see a few 50+ year olds box.. And its great Tyson was donating that all to charity. So worth the $50 I paid.

I wrote no surprise but I didn't expect him to hold so much. It was an exhibition fight to show their skills and be entertaining so it was disappointing how he basically held at every opportunity. He hasn't been outside of the ring that long either but Tyson looked much sharper and conditioned for the fight. Obviously it's still great and he took a lot of body shots but still I didn't expect the fight to end up like that. I didn't know Tyson was donating his money to charity either which is great of him. I wasn't planning to watch it but I fell asleep very early and my dog woke me up and I was awake at 5am and it said over here the fight would start between 4-5am. I saw a guy on IG was live streaming the fight on his stories so I just watched it on that. I wasn't even sure if it had started but I put it on just in time for the 1st round.

I just watched the fight / exhibition and it was better than I expected, Tyson was in great shape, he was clearly holding back but landed some body shots that reminded me of good old Iron Mike. Roy Jones Jr. was already out of breath by the second round and was intent on the event being dancing with the stars rather than boxing, because he was constantly hanging on, to his credit he did take some body shots that would most likely have many of us on our knees.

Lol definitely! I’ve hurt a lot of people in my time and took my fair share of beatings but Mike would have had me on the ground in tears with some of those hits to the liver. Absolute doomsday haha the old bastard could have finished Roy anytime he wanted.

I just watched it and thought Tyson won the fight for sure. His cardio was pretty good
Yeah, and he smoked a big joint before the fight!

Mike Tyson says he smoked marijuana before fight against Roy Jones Jr. (usatoday.com)

The guy is fun to listen to. Here is what he said in an interview.

"Listen, I can’t stop smoking," he said. "I smoked during fights. I just have to smoke, I’m sorry. I’m a smoker. … I smoke everyday. I never stopped smoking."

The Tyson Ranch is doing great I hear.

To put it simply: Roy wasn't fighting to win. He was fighting to survive and by "survive" i mean avoiding big shots at all costs. Some things though that really were impressive in this fight were: Tyson's hand speed and power (still has it and incredible for a man his age). Jones's ability to take a shot (he still ate a few big ones). Kudos to both men. I thought they'd be keeled over in their corners unable to move after two or three rounds. This fight was more entertaining than some UFCs i've seen in the last few years IMO.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws