over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anytime Fitness and Snap Fitness

hwood

Registered
Per the times we are in, we are looking at options to save money where we can. There are a couple of new gyms in our area that are soon to open - Anytime and Snap.

Are these good gyms for bodybuilding or do they cater to more cardio\circuit training crowds?

A Anytime just opened in my town last weekend and it to my disapointment is mostly cardio / circuit training focused they have a dumbell area up to 100 lb. A smith and two power racks but no bench's outside of db area.

Not sure about anytime. Snap will give you a one week trial pass and the only thing you might have to do is put a $15-20 deposit on a key card, which is refundable if you decide not to to become a member. Also, most snap's do not have squat racks or flat/incline bench press for barbell.

I train at Anytime because it is the only gym within about 50 miles of my house. It caters mostly to the cardio circuit training type of training, but you can do most of the things you need to do for bodybuilding type training. Sometimes you just have to be a little creative.

Per the times we are in, we are looking at options to save money where we can. There are a couple of new gyms in our area that are soon to open - Anytime and Snap.

Are these good gyms for bodybuilding or do they cater to more cardio\circuit training crowds?
Well my 2 cents is that they are both alright for the price........belonged to Anytime when I lived in different state and did not have any troubles with them but agree they do cater to the cardio gym rats and there is very little room for free weights but if you go at the right time the gym is all yours at times............

respect
spartan

gyms

We have about 30 of these 24 hr places around here with anytime, american, and such. They do primarilly cater to non bodybuilders but most do have what you need to get by. Take a tour through and you should find some hammer strength, life fitness machines, but as some one mentioned dont expect any big dumbells. But what the heck the stupid Golds around here dont have any dumbells over 100 either.

I definately wouldn't reccomend snap as a gym for anyone that is into bodybuilding or even just a more hardcore lifter for that matter. The one down here lacks a lot of equipment necessary for someone that is looking to lift even the least bit heavy. :( Maybe the equipment varies per area but I was disappointed in the one they opened down here.

Last edited:
I definately wouldn't reccomend snap as a gym for anyone that is into bodybuilding or even just a more hardcore lifter for that matter. The one down here lacks a lot of equipment necessary for someone that is looking to lift even the least bit heavy. :( Maybe the equipment varies per area but I was disappointed in the one they opened down here.

+1 No free weights :(

If I had to choose 1 it would be Anytime,Snap's equip. looks like it comes out of a Sears catalog.They do have a power rack though so I guess you could still get by with the basics

We have an Anytime literally right down the road...just not enough free weights but less crowd and cheaper so depends what ur lookin for

I continuously asked the lady on the phone that worked there if they had dumbbells past 100 pounds, bench, and squat rack and she tried telling me that "free weights were bad and that their equipment is the best because all you have to do to adjust the weight was slide in the clip to set it where you want it and you can work out easier". She dodged my question like 10 times so I eventually just hung up and went to see for myself.

Evidentally it varies from each Snap. I do PT out of a Snap which has dumbbells up to 100lbs, a squat rack, power rack, several benches, and free weights ( plates and db), and Cybex brand equipment.

most of the anytime fitness around me cater to cardio/machine very little free weights. never heard of snap so can't answer that one

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131