over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Appetite decreasing with age/eating by feel

AVelasques911

Registered
I'm 36 so not exactly old but in comparison to ten years ago, the amount of food I can eat has decreased dramatically. I used to maintain 195ish on about 3500 calories, I now maintain around 185 on about 1500-2000 and I feel STUFFED.

I used to down 6 eggs and a cup of oats, two hours later i'd down three tilapias and a giant bowl of rice no problem. If I even try eating ONE of those meals now, I seriously won't be hungry again until the next day, I'll just feel stuffed, bloated and nauseas for hours.

Ironically none of my measurements have decreased at all (except for about an inch off my waist) which is good but I definitely look smaller/not as full and I'm about 10-15lbs lighter.

Curious if any of you guys have noticed this as you've aged? My guess is I've been lifting for 20 years and haven't cycled in about 8 years so I'm just maintaining but it just seems like so little food. I haven't been counting anything anymore, I aim for about 125g of protein and 35g of fiber but aside from that I'm just going by feel because it's super frustrating to chase a number when even 2000 calories feels impossible to reach now.

so you're saying that you can't consume/assimilate as much food since you've been off cycle?

no way :eek:

I feel you. I cannot force feed anymore either. our appetites I think decrease with age anyhow. I found I look better with less food intake.

LOL It's not just being off-cycle, I was only on gear from 22-25, even at 20 or 27 I was eating some big ass plates of food every 2-3 hours and I wasn't force-feeding at all.

I've been counting the past two weeks because I was curious how much I'm eating now and it averaged about 1900 calories.

I still get a lot of compliments on the street, more now actually. My measurements haven't changed at all but I'm still flatter, shirts don't fit as snug around the traps/neck, sleeves a little loose etc. and it's just kind of frustrating

but like I said I don't want to feel like shit all day, I'm just eating when my body is actually hungry.

Your body has adapted to the 1500-2000 calories it's used to getting and your metabolism is set for that. It's an easy fix, but the question is do u really want to fix it?

I’m eating by instinct lately. I have no appetite now that I’m off gear and can’t train. I don’t eat much and i keep it healthy: fruits, vegetables, chicken and turkey breast, egg whites, nuts, oats, whey, extra virgin olive oil, Dave’s killer bread.

I’m 54 now and my appetite has definitely decreased over the years. Even on a cycle my appetite doesn’t increase much.

Your body has adapted to the 1500-2000 calories it's used to getting and your metabolism is set for that. It's an easy fix, but the question is do u really want to fix it?

Yes and no.

I mean realistically, I know it's mostly my mind playing games with me. Chest, arms, neck, legs all measure the same as always, I just look a lot flatter from glycogen and loss of fat.

I do actually get more compliments now than before. But you know how that dysmorphia is.

I always chased size as a younger guy, being that I was naturally super skinny I wanted to be big, didn't care about abs or any of that. My cycles were always wet. I did want to get back on gear but I've actually been thinking of just embracing my body type and focusing more on being as lean as possible since it's what my body seems to feel better doing. I'm trying to force feed it and it's clearly fighting back.

Yes and no.

I mean realistically, I know it's mostly my mind playing games with me. Chest, arms, neck, legs all measure the same as always, I just look a lot flatter from glycogen and loss of fat.

I do actually get more compliments now than before. But you know how that dysmorphia is.

I always chased size as a younger guy, being that I was naturally super skinny I wanted to be big, didn't care about abs or any of that. My cycles were always wet. I did want to get back on gear but I've actually been thinking of just embracing my body type and focusing more on being as lean as possible since it's what my body seems to feel better doing. I'm trying to force feed it and it's clearly fighting back.

Go with your body and not against. You body naturally ebb and flows. There is nothing wrong with eating less and being lean for a period and when the mood strikes start "bulking". This is normal.

I have always been 220lbs. A few years back I dropped weight and could not budge 205lbs. Now I'm 235lbs and maintain this easily. I like to make a food log here and there to compare diets and I'm amazed at how my appetite changes from time to time. I'm the same age as you as well. I find this behavior normal.. or we are both f'd up...

I don’t think it’s possible for you to be 15 lbs lighter and for all measurements to be the same WITH a decrease in your waist. Obviously if you were the exact same weight with the same measurements that’s possible as your torso and extremities would have just traded muscle mass for fat in its place.

Am I off in thinking this?

I don’t think it’s possible for you to be 15 lbs lighter and for all measurements to be the same WITH a decrease in your waist. Obviously if you were the exact same weight with the same measurements that’s possible as your torso and extremities would have just traded muscle mass for fat in its place.

Am I off in thinking this?

You're not off, I can't wrap my head around this either. Im eating almost 2000 calories less for almost two years, I'm averaging about 125g of protein a day but I don't really count at the moment. But I've been meticulous about measurements because I was sure I was going to shrink like crazy, but I haven't.

Neck 18.5, arms, 17.5, Chest 45, Waist 31 (used to be 32), legs 24 at the mid point. This is at 5'8, 185.... I used to be 195-200.

Those measurements have been the same for like the past 8 years since I stopped blasting and I've only been on TRT since (50mg EOD for average of 150-200mg ew, never gone over 200mg).

I don't really get it, I for sure look smaller and just more athletic but I can't explain why everything measures the same.

I feel you. I cannot force feed anymore either. our appetites I think decrease with age anyhow. I found I look better with less food intake.

Agreed. I was doing 6 meals a day. Now I am currently down to 5. I cant force feed myself that 6th meal anymore.

You need to be using measurements of lean mass and body fat. Literal measurements of body parts mean nothing.

I'm just gonna throw out an alternative to the standard breakfast/lunch/dinner brainwashing we've all been force fed since birth.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEjqlqt-9BA"]Intermittent Fasting & Muscle Loss: Why Fasting Does Not Cause Muscle Loss - YouTube[/ame]

it's normal appetites decrease with age, and sometimes it fells comfortable to eat less.
But i don't know whether off-lifting matters

Are you just as active outside the gym as you used to be. Most people stop playing other sports, hiking etc and will need less calories then they used to. I ate more in my 30's and 40's then I did my 20's but was more active then. And ate my meals how ever I felt. Now that I have slowed down I eat less and digest things slower and pay more attention to how things digest.

You need to be using measurements of lean mass and body fat. Literal measurements of body parts mean nothing.

Respectfully disagree on this one. If every measurement is the same, strength across the board has stayed the same or increased, but waist went down an inch, it's either loss of fat or just decreased bloating from less food, but it's not muscle loss. I've never cared for body fat measurements though and always used waist in comparison to everything else along with strength to determine where I'm at.

I’m eating by instinct lately. I have no appetite now that I’m off gear and can’t train. I don’t eat much and i keep it healthy: fruits, vegetables, chicken and turkey breast, egg whites, nuts, oats, whey, extra virgin olive oil, Dave’s killer bread.

That's some of the best sandwich bread around esp the one in the yellow bag. Eureka is also damn good too, very similar to Dave's bread.

Check out Synthelamin - Appetite Stimulator...Great product that should boost your appetite!

Yes, that is important I believe. A person's BMR is very much influenced by their LBM. As you age your LBM decreases slowly over the years. As that goes down so does your BMR. As you age you also become less physically active and burn less calories. Both factors are working against you. Then you have a heart attack like I did and everything goes down the shitter. Being on a beta blocker that keeps your heart rate max at about 130 bpm and not being able to exercise really intensely keeps down the amount of calories you can burn in a set amount of time. So health problems as you age add to the dilemma. Hormone levels drop too, natural phenomenon which many of us combat using injections. Testosterone and GH drop significantly making the lean body mass drop and percentage bodyfat rise.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity