over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Apple Cider Vinegar?

I do shots of it straight out of the bottle. Supposedly good for blood sugar levels and liver detoxing.

You all should look in to "Fire Cider" It's base is apple cider vinegar and has all the same benefits and more. I do a shot every day.

I usually use it to lower cholesterol...
mix bragg mother apple cider vinegar 16oz
96 oz of apple juice
96 oz of grape juice or pomegranate juice
take 2oz in the morning
2oz in evening

usually brings it down about 80-100 points

Drinking apple cider vinegar or alkaline water (not that you mentioned alkaline water, some believe this will change blood pH) will not change one's blood pH balance. Our stomach acid will neutralize the pH of the ACV, so it won't do anything once it hits your stomach. Respiration and kidney function tightly regulate our pH balance. Hyperventilating will have more of an affect than ACV, by exerting more CO2 raising our pH.

The only liquid solution that I'm aware of that will temporarily change blood pH is sodium bicarbonate in water.

Given that, one could very well change urinary pH by different food types. Even then, this will be a temporary.

You would be surprised how many people believe that blood pH can really be changed lol. Im like yea...if you wanna die lol. Fuck it up a bit and watch what happens to normal protein folding structure. You can temporary mess it up a little bit from either metabolic of resp but most people wont be out of that range for long as the buffers take care of it quickly. But people also believe muscle soreness days later is from muscle lactic acid still in there and the believe in "detox diets and liver cleanses " lol. Learned to pick my battles. Glad to have you around Stewie.

Oh and I didnt read this thread so the only thing ill contribute is that someone once mentioned to me a while about about using it for insulin sensitization but the MOA wouldnt make sense for bodybuiders so dont bother.

Last edited:
You would be surprised how many people believe that blood pH can really be changed lol. Im like yea...if you wanna die lol. Fuck it up a bit and watch what happens to normal protein folding structure. You can temporary mess it up a little bit from either metabolic of resp but most people wont be out of that range for long as the buffers take care of it quickly. But people also believe muscle soreness days later is from muscle lactic acid still in there and the believe in "detox diets and liver cleanses " lol. Learned to pick my battles. Glad to have you around Stewie.

Oh and I didnt read this thread so the only thing ill contribute is that someone once mentioned to me a while about about using it for insulin sensitization but the MOA wouldnt make sense for bodybuiders so dont bother.

Glad to have you GotGame & Stewie here. Fixing the bro science dogma . Top sterling medical duo here on PM.

Oh and I didnt read this thread so the only thing ill contribute is that someone once mentioned to me a while about about using it for insulin sensitization but the MOA wouldnt make sense for bodybuilders so dont bother.

Matey I knew the pH business is not true but when u mention about liver cleanse can i check something with you please . Dr Ranch on ask the doc muscle insider spoke on last episode of inositol choline and l-methionine combo and that it's the best fix for fatty liver compare to any meds out their and he sort of recommends it year around for liver health and said they are harmless supps ( b-vitamin) and very cheap and very effective . Franco columbo told him about this and he likes it. Said its better then milk thistle. This combo gets all the fat out of liver and cleans it basically sort of. He recommends this to most bb guys year around usage at a maintainable dose.

What are your thoughts on this GG and Stewie ? Thanks Gents

I know one thing from personal experience which ACV does is suppressing appetite . defo does that. Pop AVC pills and boom there u have it hunger gone. That's the only legit job it's very good at doing. I truly believe that . if I pull it out I can see a huge difference in the time I feel hungry again

Matey I knew the pH business is not true but when u mention about liver cleanse can i check something with you please . Dr Ranch on ask the doc muscle insider spoke on last episode of inositol choline and l-methionine combo and that it's the best fix for fatty liver compare to any meds out their and he sort of recommends it year around for liver health and said they are harmless supps ( b-vitamin) and very cheap and very effective . Franco columbo told him about this and he likes it. Said its better then milk thistle. This combo gets all the fat out of liver and cleans it basically sort of. He recommends this to most bb guys year around usage at a maintainable dose.

Methionine is actually one of the ingredients in synthegine.

I used to have ACV but don't bother now. Lemon water is something I recommend for everyone to help "cleanse" the body.

Methionine is actually one of the ingredients in synthegine.

I used to have ACV but don't bother now. Lemon water is something I recommend for everyone to help "cleanse" the body.

Mate I couldn't stand the Bragg's ACV before fasted cardio . oh God empty stomach that vinegar made me nearly throw up after HIIT cardio ! So I got another one from Amazon which they called the honey jar. It had ACV with mother and manuka honey and something else. Can't remember but even that was revolting . and it wasnt really fasted cardio shoving honey before cardio lol so I finished it in my preworkout and through out the day. Now I just have NOW brand capsules and still suppresses hunger but without feeling sick :)

Mate I couldn't stand the Bragg's ACV before fasted cardio . oh God empty stomach that vinegar made me nearly throw up after HIIT cardio ! So I got another one from Amazon which they called the honey jar. It had ACV with mother and manuka honey and something else. Can't remember but even that was revolting . and it wasnt really fasted cardio shoving honey before cardio lol so I finished it in my preworkout and through out the day. Now I just have NOW brand capsules and still suppresses hunger but without feeling sick :)

Do you remember the brand of the honey jar?

Do you find the ACV caps as effective? Do you know how many caps equal how many tbsp?

Thanks

Do you remember the brand of the honey jar?

Do you find the ACV caps as effective? Do you know how many caps equal how many tbsp?

Thanks
Here u go mate. Just had a quick look in kitchen n realised I still had the second bottle.

Never worked out to portion like that.

Swanson have large 1.4 or 1.6 gm caps & NOW has smaller 500 mg I think ? Both are great. With now I have taken up to 10 caps in 1 go. Swanson 4 caps. You can't go wrong with either. Hope that helps .

Just realised my phone decided not to attach the PIC I took to show u ! Here it is mate

Attachments

• 1444338572100.jpg
    1444338572100.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 329

Being completely honestly its more that I just dont understand what people mean when they say " cleanse" To me thats right up there with the word "toning" and sounds like something a middle aged housewife would say so its more of a pet peeve.

If your concerned about hepatic steatosis then my first question is why do you have it to begin with? You need to correct the underlying cause. There many causes for it but at the end of the day it comes down to a dysregulatory process involving FAs, insulin and oxidative damage. And yes ive seen people get full blown NASH plenty of times and unless it was chemotherapy medication induced I really dont feel bad for those patient as its often from obesity. or FA from alcohol which obviously wouldnt be nash lol

To quickly answer your question l-methionine plays a role because you need it as methyl donor role for eventual glutathione ( mostly ) as does something like NAC. But these really are just adjunct therapies and in my opinion arent needed as most often it can be corrected through diet exercise and withdrawal of anything that might be an offending substance. And trust me, if you have read some of my posts im definitely not the most holistic person out there but when i dont think its completely necessary ill say so.

It does play a role in overall liver health and prevention of damage. So if you wanna take that along with maybe some NAC, something like activates PPAR like i dunno maybe rALA or even an ARB ( AT2 plays a role in fibrosis and you should already be taking it to prevent cardiac remodeling) go ahead it certainly wouldnt hurt.

I guess my take home point is dont do stuff to cause all that liver steatosis to begin with and if youdo have it then it can almost always be reversed through using some good old bodybuilding hardwork and sticking to the diet and exercise program but those things do play a role in prevention.

I would mostly want 95% of this board to not do stuff that might cause it BUT for those who compete then YES i do feel the things mentioned would play an important role at preventing liver damage.

Oh but dont forget about estrogen, but that a discussion for another day.

I usually use it to lower cholesterol...

mix bragg mother apple cider vinegar 16oz

96 oz of apple juice

96 oz of grape juice or pomegranate juice

take 2oz in the morning

2oz in evening

usually brings it down about 80-100 points

How long does that take u? And do u have any bw u could post up showing the numbers??

Sent from my IpP using tapatrash

I certainly understand it helping acid reflux, as that is often caused by one not having as acidic of a medium for digestion so the vinegar would help in that regard, but I never understood people saying how something acidic like ACV would help "stabilize/balance" an already "acidic body"

I have heard of a number of benefits of ACV. Tried it way back in high school for acne though and it didn't do anything for me.

It helped me rid my nagging acid reflux. It stops it for 6 months or so then I got to do a small regimen again. Works wonders!

Bingo! Its a life saver when i use tren. Crazy acid reflex problems.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131