over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Apple iPhone 4 facetime ?

BOOMSHAKER

Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have the iphone 3g, I was looking into trading up to the iphone 4 mainly due to their video conferencing aplication that iphone has called FACETIME, those of you that have the iphone4 and have used this feature. How do you guys and gals like it so far? I know it is WIFI only right now. But that's fine for me. I am more interested in how clear the sound, connection and so on is with this application.

Hey Boom, 2 things and I'm sure you've done your leg work on this already but if you haven't here it is.

1) Thanks for changing your avatar back to hot girls, much better!:)

2) Not sure about your contract and being you already have a 3g maybe your out of your 2 yr. agreement so far so don't worry. If you aren't (which I am not) you will get crushed on 4g phone price. I looked to upgrade and the phone plus I would have to sign another agreement would run me like $399 for the 16GB.

For those who are thinking about it and need to check their eligibilty here's the link: https://buyiphone.apple.com/WebObjects/IPACustomer.woa/wa/IPAToolAction/checkUpgradeEligibility

I have the iphone 3g, I was looking into trading up to the iphone 4 mainly due to their video conferencing aplication that iphone has called FACETIME, those of you that have the iphone4 and have used this feature. How do you guys and gals like it so far? I know it is WIFI only right now. But that's fine for me. I am more interested in how clear the sound, connection and so on is with this application.

The quality depends on your bandwidth -- I've used FaceTime on a 3MBs bandwidth connection and it came out clear. The video is good in standard lighting conditions -- slightly grainy in poorly lit areas. You can view the other party in portrait or landscape.

The sound is identical to a telephone call on speaker.

It's important to note that it is only iPhone 4 to iPhone 4. And you have to enable FaceTime in the settings menu.

You can call someone directly using FaceTime or you can make a call and start FaceTime during the call; however calling someone with FaceTime does not send you to the receiver's voice mail.

During the call you can switch to the front camera allowing the other party to view whatever you're looking at.

I'd like it to also allow me to show whatever I see on my iPhone screen.. but that's not an option as of yet.

Overall, it is video conferencing done right - I am impressed with it's usability, functionality, and ease of use.

Hey Boom, 2 things and I'm sure you've done your leg work on this already but if you haven't here it is.

1) Thanks for changing your avatar back to hot girls, much better!:)

2) Not sure about your contract and being you already have a 3g maybe your out of your 2 yr. agreement so far so don't worry. If you aren't (which I am not) you will get crushed on 4g phone price. I looked to upgrade and the phone plus I would have to sign another agreement would run me like $399 for the 16GB.

For those who are thinking about it and need to check their eligibilty here's the link: https://buyiphone.apple.com/WebObjects/IPACustomer.woa/wa/IPAToolAction/checkUpgradeEligibility

YUP fully aware I would get slammed if I tried to get out of contract that has 3 mons left. But I can wait for sure.

The quality depends on your bandwidth -- I've used FaceTime on a 3MBs bandwidth connection and it came out clear. The video is good in standard lighting conditions -- slightly grainy in poorly lit areas. You can view the other party in portrait or landscape.

The sound is identical to a telephone call on speaker.

It's important to note that it is only iPhone 4 to iPhone 4. And you have to enable FaceTime in the settings menu.

You can call someone directly using FaceTime or you can make a call and start FaceTime during the call; however calling someone with FaceTime does not send you to the receiver's voice mail.

During the call you can switch to the front camera allowing the other party to view whatever you're looking at.

I'd like it to also allow me to show whatever I see on my iPhone screen.. but that's not an option as of yet.

Overall, it is video conferencing done right - I am impressed with it's usability, functionality, and ease of use.

Awesome, good info brother.

I have the iphone 3g, I was looking into
trading up to the iphone 4 mainly due to their video conferencing
aplication that iphone has called FACETIME, those of you that have the
iphone4 and have used this feature. How do you guys and gals like it so
far? I know it is WIFI only right now. But that's fine for me. I am
more interested in how clear the sound, connection and so on is with this
application.

I have a feeling that won't change, at least anytime soon. Since so much
data is required to carry a good quality picture it would require massive
bandwidth capacity upgrades to be able to allow iphone 4 owners to all
use facetime over the normal phone towers.

And on a completely different note, I found it hilarious how Apple are
acting like they invented video calling when it has been around since the
beginning of camera phones lol.

Apart from that though, the iphone looks like an incredibly well polished
phone.

I have a feeling that won't change, at least anytime soon. Since so much
data is required to carry a good quality picture it would require massive
bandwidth capacity upgrades to be able to allow iphone 4 owners to all
use facetime over the normal phone towers.

And on a completely different note, I found it hilarious how Apple are
acting like they invented video calling when it has been around since the
beginning of camera phones
lol.

Apart from that though, the iphone looks like an incredibly well polished
phone.

Really? I had no idea. Seriously, I thought they were they first to break through with this. Who else had it? And has it now??? Now I'm really curious.

Yeah there has been video phones for landlines for years but I have never heard of another cell company with anything similar to facetime.

Hey mate!

I've used facetime quite a bit recently and it's awesome. Video calling has been around for some time but it's never been anywhere near as good as this from mobile to mobile.

It is possible to use facetime over the 3G network if you jailbreak the phone first :) I've done this and me and the mrs made a 3G to 3G facetime call and the quality was brilliant! The mobile networks are more than capable of supporting a 2.5meg speed which is more than enough to make a decent quality call. I think the usage worked out to be about 3mb a minute so depending on what your data plan is it could chew it up.

We both went from the 3GS to iPhone 4 but as I work for Orange UK there were no costs involved :) I'd still recommend the change if it's affordable.

I think I might jailbreak my 3GS however when I did it to my original 2g the phone died on me within 3 months. Not sure if it was coincidence or not cause my 2g was the original and I had it the month iPhones were released. (so over 2 years)

I've jail broken quite a few iPhones, and just recently my iPad :), never had any problems but as it's unofficial I guess it could cause problems. If the phone was over 2 years however I'd say could well have been coincidence.

My buddy uses Facetime with his wife and he said its awesome! From what i've seen by messing around with it, it does look pretty nice.

There is a way to use 3g on Facetime but the Quality goes down quite a lot. For now the nicest quality will be had with WiFi because it can keepup with the amount of data thats being transfered, but when AT&T comes out with their 4g LTE network it will be viable without WiFi.

Im more of an Android man myself. :headbang:

Awesome info everyone, Thanks.

i know i'm late on this thread, but I have the i4, I love the face time its soo cool!
It works great, If you jailbreak the phone, there's an app that is called 3G unrestrictor, what it does is tricks your iphone that it is on wifi, and lets you do facetime over 3g network, that app will also let you do any app that requires it to be on a wifi network

i know i'm late on this thread, but I have the i4, I love the face time its soo cool!
It works great, If you jailbreak the phone, there's an app that is called 3G unrestrictor, what it does is tricks your iphone that it is on wifi, and lets you do facetime over 3g network, that app will also let you do any app that requires it to be on a wifi network

Better late then never, but good info. Thanks brother.

Hi

Hi

I was searching the web for the latest Apple products and i thought this forum was the right place to post my url, if this isn't allowed please just send me a PM.

If you are looking for
**broken link removed** then just click the url and look if you find it handy.

Let me know!

Wife and I have used it recently and it has went great. Most of the screen is the other person while you can see yourself in the top right corner, which is a box you see. Quality and sound are fine.

for those that dont know, youcan get the apps called tango, fring and a few others tto do video chat on 3g, as well as with other makes of phone

If you jailbreak your iPhone you CAN FaceTime without wifi but it sucks. It's choppy and has horrible quality on just 3G but when connected through wifi it works great. Mine works perfect and looks really clear. Clear enough for using a cell phone IMO.

Found this on the web

Hi

I was searching the web for the latest Apple products and i thought this forum was the right place to post my url, if this isn't allowed please just send me a PM.

If you are looking for
**broken link removed** then just click the url and look if you find it handy.

Let me know!

If you jailbreak your iPhone you CAN FaceTime without wifi but it sucks. It's choppy and has horrible quality on just 3G but when connected through wifi it works great. Mine works perfect and looks really clear. Clear enough for using a cell phone IMO.

That all depends on your 3G network. I'm on AT&T's upgraded 3G network, which can deliver 7.2 down. I'm averaging 5 to 6 down and 2 to 3 up.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws