over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ARB or ACE for hypertension

I take an arb to try and control my hematocrit as well as my bp. It has worked great for me. Just took my BP after Clen, morning coffee, a pre workout and training and it was 122/65. I take 40mgs of telmisartan before bed ED.

I take an arb to try and control my hematocrit as well as my bp. It has worked great for me. Just took my BP after Clen, morning coffee, a pre workout and training and it was 122/65. I take 40mgs of telmisartan before bed ED.
That’s interesting as I always though coffee was part of my problem . I have the slow metabolism gene and it’s makes my adrenaline levels high .

As far as I know, ARBs and ACEis are equally good at reducing HCT (by a small amount). The effect is also dose-dependent, so your 40mg of Telmisartan won't do much.

Several clinical and experimental observations suggest that an intact and activated renin-angiotensin system (RAS) may be an important determinant of erythropoiesis in a variety of clinical conditions, including hypertension, chronic renal insufficiency or failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and congestive heart failure. Accordingly, RAS inactivation may confer susceptibility to the hematocrit-lowering effects of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors or angiotensin receptor blockers. Indeed, a dose-dependent decrease in hematocrit is observed within the first month of such therapy. In the majority of patients with hypertension decreases in hematocrit values after RAS inactivation are small and not clinically important. In extreme conditions, however, such as erythrocytosis after successful renal transplantation, secondary polycythemia of chronically hypoxemic COPD patients, erythrocytosis associated with renovascular hypertension, severe cardiac or renal failure, the hematocrit-lowering effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blocker may be profound and even lead to or worsen anemia. Hematocrit reaches its nadir value within three months, and then it remains stable during long-term observations. After discontinuation of RAS blockade, hematocrit values rise gradually over the next three to four months towards the pretreatment levels. The mechanism(s) related to this phenomenon is not yet fully understood, but angiotensin II seems to be responsible for inappropriately sustaining secretion of erythropoietin despite hematocrit elevation and capable to directly stimulate the erythroid progenitors in bone marrow to produce erythrocytes.

Been on Telmisartan about 4-5 months. Started at 40 then went up to 80mg/day. No negative sides I can report. My BP wasn't high to begin with and that's the good thing about Telmisartan as it won't drop BP too low if you're already in range. Just way too many positive effects from it to not use it at my age.

There is a good thread from a while back with some very good info on it. Do a search and scroll through the thread.

I take 80mg/day Telmisartan. No side effects, blood pressure stays good.

I just switched from amlodipine 10mg and lisinipril 40mg to benicar and rampiril 10mg
Reason for the switch was My BP was stilll elevated on the lisinipril and amlodipine 130-140 over 85-90
Now after 2 weeks on benicar and ramipril it hovers around 110-60 sometimes lower. It’s great

I just switched from amlodipine 10mg and lisinipril 40mg to benicar and rampiril 10mg
Reason for the switch was My BP was stilll elevated on the lisinipril and amlodipine 130-140 over 85-90
Now after 2 weeks on benicar and ramipril it hovers around 110-60 sometimes lower. It’s great
Do you get side effects when it's that low? I get lightheaded when I stand up if my bp is 110/60.

I take 100 mg/day losartan with 25 mg/day hydrochlorothiazide. It keeps my bp in a good range as long as I avoid alcohol and heavy stimulants.

Do you get side effects when it's that low? I get lightheaded when I stand up if my bp is 110/60.

I take 100 mg/day losartan with 25 mg/day hydrochlorothiazide. It keeps my bp in a good range as long as I avoid alcohol and heavy stimulants.

I do notice it a bit when I stand up after sitting for a while. But for me, I’d rather deal with that than having my BP elevated when on sauce. Especially since I know what’s causing it. If it gets too low and I’m dizzy constantly I’d just lower my dosage or get off one of the meds - but so far so good

I do notice it a bit when I stand up after sitting for a while. But for me, I’d rather deal with that than having my BP elevated when on sauce. Especially since I know what’s causing it. If it gets too low and I’m dizzy constantly I’d just lower my dosage or get off one of the meds - but so far so good
I deal with that all the time too. Just cut back on the dose and measure your BP again in a couple of days. Its pretty easy to fine tune your BP. Right now Im only taking 10 mg of lisinopril. When my BP gets low, I snap the tablet in half and only take 5 mg/day. After my recent heart trouble and not being able to exercise, I put on about 10 lbs and my BP went back up. So I had to go back to the 10 mg/day. Im down about 8 lbs now and the BP once again is starting to get lower to where I may need to cut the dose in half.

Postural hypotension.

Im taking 5mg Amlodipin, 1.25mg Nebivolol and 60mg Telmisartan currently. Blood pressure is sitting at 119/72. Feeling great on my blast right now. Also feel like Telmisartan is improving my lipid profile a lot. Never had such high HDL before.

I tried Lisinopril and Ramipril but didnt feel good on them and experienced the ace cough on ramipril.

I would go with ARBs over ACEIs any time.

Im taking 5mg Amlodipin, 1.25mg Nebivolol and 60mg Telmisartan currently. Blood pressure is sitting at 119/72. Feeling great on my blast right now. Also feel like Telmisartan is improving my lipid profile a lot. Never had such high HDL before.

I tried Lisinopril and Ramipril but didnt feel good on them and experienced the ace cough on ramipril.

I would go with ARBs over ACEIs any time.
Is that combination prescribed by a doc? Not saying it's bad, just curious.

I hear plenty on this forum taking Amlodipine and rarely ever hear any negatives.

Doc wanted me on this in combination with my Telmi and after I read the potential sides I declined and added Nebivolol instead.

I know all meds have “potential” sides and some are gnarly but rare. Do you all that take this get any of these sides?

Side effects of amlodipine include:

the ARB is probably better, but they both act on the same pathway and hve similar effects so ymmv

Is that combination prescribed by a doc? Not saying it's bad, just curious.
Yes it is and I'm feeling great on it. I cant tell anything negative about it, nor do I have any sides.

Imho amlodipine and nebivolol are usually very well tolerated. The side effect list of pretty much every drug is quite long.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws