over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Are any members here tattoo artists ?

B

babyface4life

I just got my first tattoo 2 days ago and looking good except I just want some opinions regarding what the artist said and strongly recommended not adding what I wanted to make it look like an Italian cross . I wanted white coloring in the middle and he said white turns yellow in about 5 years or so , and can anyone say from experience if this is so , because I feel like going to another parlor and having it touched up .

Im not a tattoo artist, but my logic is telling me to trust him. if he did that touch up for you, that would be business for him and more money in his pocket. why would he lie to you to prevent business? logically it makes little sense to me, but again im no tattoo artist.

I just got my first tattoo 2 days ago and looking good except I just want some opinions regarding what the artist said and strongly recommended not adding what I wanted to make it look like an Italian cross . I wanted white coloring in the middle and he said white turns yellow in about 5 years or so , and can anyone say from experience if this is so , because I feel like going to another parlor and having it touched up .

hi , i am a trained artist. the white ink we use is made from titanium dioxide pigment. and yes it can discolor. tanning (UV light) can and will degrade all pigments in time. some pigments have a longer lightfastness rating. a persons normal skin color will affect the brilliance of a persons colors. this is because the inks are semi-transparent meaning they mix in the skin with a persons natural pigmentation. it's different than just putting some white paint on your arm. on a side note..i have seen white stay a long time in some people.

as artists sometimes we unfortunately have to tell a customer that something they want may not be practical or may not be a gd decision. be thankful he was straight up with you instead of not saying something and just taking your money.

hi , i am a trained artist. the white ink we use is made from titanium dioxide pigment. and yes it can discolor. tanning (UV light) can and will degrade all pigments in time. some pigments have a longer lightfastness rating. a persons normal skin color will affect the brilliance of a persons colors. this is because the inks are semi-transparent meaning they mix in the skin with a persons natural pigmentation. it's different than just putting some white paint on your arm. on a side note..i have seen white stay a long time in some people.

as artists sometimes we unfortunately have to tell a customer that something they want may not be practical or may not be a gd decision. be thankful he was straight up with you instead of not saying something and just taking your money.

Good information here. I am also a tattoo artist and shop owner.

When you look at pigment you are doing so through the skin. So white is not going to look white. It will eventually look like a nicotine stain. However when its surrounded by black or grey. Or any other color for that matter you can tell that it is supposed to be white. I have never seen it turn yellow. Just take on the a hue because of skin tone.

Some artists over use white and some dont use it at all. I pretty much only use it as a highlight or to make something look wet.

Now being that he told you and you are aware of the risks has you wanted it anyway he should have done it. It is our job to educate our clients not tell them what they can or cant have. If you are an adult you can make and educated choice once you have been educated. IN THE SAME BREATH there are things I wont do. Like tattooing hands and faces of people who arent visibly tattooed because people have no idea how much that will change their life. If I warn them and they are very persistent then I will reluctantly do it.

White is tough, but out of everything I've seen and wear if you put it in with a machine it's not going to look as good as white done with tebori.

Good information here. I am also a tattoo artist and shop owner.

When you look at pigment you are doing so through the skin. So white is not going to look white. It will eventually look like a nicotine stain. However when its surrounded by black or grey. Or any other color for that matter you can tell that it is supposed to be white. I have never seen it turn yellow. Just take on the a hue because of skin tone.

Some artists over use white and some dont use it at all. I pretty much only use it as a highlight or to make something look wet.

Now being that he told you and you are aware of the risks has you wanted it anyway he should have done it. It is our job to educate our clients not tell them what they can or cant have. If you are an adult you can make and educated choice once you have been educated. IN THE SAME BREATH there are things I wont do. Like tattooing hands and faces of people who arent visibly tattooed because people have no idea how much that will change their life. If I warn them and they are very persistent then I will reluctantly do it.

good info also bro, i've seen your posts before and am familiar with seeing you around here. i really understand. one of the biggest things that bothers me is when 18-19 yr olds what stuff on their hands and/or face. talk about life changing.

Thanks for the advice guys , I will eventually consult another artist about adding some kind of color like black or grey and already looking to get another . My artist did say they can be addictive with a little sarcasm , and my first experience a good one . Before he started he showed me the 2 brand new needles he was using that were packaged and sterile and an example of a non- sterile looking pair and we talked on and off throughout the session listening to rock , heavy metal on the radio . The biggest con is the price with tattoos because I spent $185.00 for a 5x5 tat plus a $20.00 tip and $10.70 for the kit with what I needed to care for the tat for a few days .

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131