over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Are BP meds bad?

when body holds much water, BP goes up.

I think a heavy bodybuilder with much lbm have a much better than say a
and a blothed bb with less lbm.

When you bulk up, limit junk as salt holds water, try go with 90% clean food.

There's nothing wrong with taking a mild diuretic from your doc. All they do
is avoid salt from binding to some degree in your body. I think you would only need it some times. You feel when bp goes up, take a mild diuretic and it should keep it down for several days, you shouldn't have to take it on a regular basis.

little proviron, nolva also helps to some degree. Just try stay lean, don't go over 14-15% bf. By the way 130/80 is ok if you ask me, I've been at 135/85 for years and feel just fine. But after contest it was uncontrollable and went to 180/110, felt terrible, massive water gain. Had to go to doc. You will for sure feel what is high for your body when it is occurring, there are very clear symptoms on this. What I'm trying to say, if you don't feel discomfort or get symptoms you be fine without any meds.

DO YOU PUT ABSOLUTE FAITH IN A DOCTOR'S HANDS?

IS THERE NO SUCH THING AS A SECOND OPINION, PARTICULARLY FROM THOSE WHO HAVE LIVED WITH/DEALT WITH SIMILAR/THE EXACT SAME ISSUES?

HOW WELL DO YOU THINK MOST MD'S ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND ANYTHING, ESPECIALLY AS IT RELATES TO OUR SPORT/HOBBY/LIFESTYLE?

WAS IT NOT AN MD THAT KILLED MOMO BENANZIA WITH HIS HORRIBLE/NEGLIGENT MIS-DIAGNOSIS?

I WOULD THINK IT WOULD BE MORE DANGEROUS NOT TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS HEALTH RELATED ISSUES AMONG OTHER MEMBERS ON THIS BOARD.

I AGREE THAT THIS BOARD SHOULD NOT BE THE SOLE PLACE THAT MEMBERS SEEK MEDICAL ADVICE, BUT I FEEL BEING ABLE TO COME HERE AND DISCUSS THESE ISSSUES IS AN INVALUABLE TOOL IN MAINTAINING OUR HEALTH.

i agree man,

i have lost all faith in the medical comunity, the majority of the time i see docs they will push every medication on me they can think of...especially the ones they recieve perks from.... i went in and got blood work done once and the doc told me i needed to get on some cholesterol meds(statins) for cholesterol, (it was on the high side of normal from some anti e's i was taking) he didnt even tell me any ways to correct the problem with diet and exersize....

it makes me laugh when i see the doc and discuss soem pretty basic issues about my health... anti oxidants? most docs dont believe in them and dont understand how they can be benificial for you in slowing the ageing process,, and protecting from cancers... makes me laugh!

once i got a basic understanding about my body and an understanding of bloodwork and how to read it, it was a no brainer... i will send my blood work off thru an online company and wait for the results, when i have em i will figure wout what need help and take the measures to do so wether it be herbs, supp, or a diet issue... if i think meds are needed i have a doc friend that i will call and he will call me in a prescription for what i tell him to as long as i fax a copy of the bloodwork to him....

dont get me wrong i think most people need regular doc visits, i just think people need to be more aware of what is being prescribed to them and the possible effects....

Great example km....

i agree man,

i have lost all faith in the medical comunity, the majority of the time i see docs they will push every medication on me they can think of...especially the ones they recieve perks from.... i went in and got blood work done once and the doc told me i needed to get on some cholesterol meds(statins) for cholesterol, (it was on the high side of normal from some anti e's i was taking) he didnt even tell me any ways to correct the problem with diet and exersize....

it makes me laugh when i see the doc and discuss soem pretty basic issues about my health... anti oxidants? most docs dont believe in them and dont understand how they can be benificial for you in slowing the ageing process,, and protecting from cancers... makes me laugh!

once i got a basic understanding about my body and an understanding of bloodwork and how to read it, it was a no brainer... i will send my blood work off thru an online company and wait for the results, when i have em i will figure wout what need help and take the measures to do so wether it be herbs, supp, or a diet issue... if i think meds are needed i have a doc friend that i will call and he will call me in a prescription for what i tell him to as long as i fax a copy of the bloodwork to him....

dont get me wrong i think most people need regular doc visits, i just think people need to be more aware of what is being prescribed to them and the possible effects....

Could not agree more.

J CAIN

Please don't be too hard on me although you are right I made some assumptions that were incorrect. It was still a valuable response for someone who is on Cycle. I am guilty of assuming most everyone is cycling, but thanks for reminding me that isn't the case.

I am humbled and apologize,

Allbeef

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear