advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

are there any taller guys on here that compete?

GorillaGenetics

Registered
my question is Im 6'6 and around 270 right now at 11% bodyfat i really want to compete but all my friends that are shorter seem to have it so easy compared to me.

my question is how much will i have to weigh at that height on stage to be competitive nationally

my question is Im 6'6 and around 270 right now at 11% bodyfat i really want to compete but all my friends that are shorter seem to have it so easy compared to me.

my question is how much will i have to weigh at that height on stage to be competitive nationally

On a national level, I'd say you will need to be at least 300lbs on stage, depending on how small your waist is.

On a national level, I'd say you will need to be at least 300lbs on stage, depending on how small your waist is.

i was at 7% this summer at 245 and had a 33 inch waste i know thats pretty wide but my shoulders and lats are wide so it makes it look tighter

Gorilla do you have any pics so you can get a fair assessment? So many things to consider such as bone structure, length of extremities etc. etc. You sound like a big dude for sure. A tall man with size is always quite intimidating.

i was high 250s in this pic

Attachments

• 167636_915756145439_25800265_47227139_1029058_n.jpg
    167636_915756145439_25800265_47227139_1029058_n.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 321
I am 6 feet and a half inch
I am 240 at night at the gym when i weight myself, so probably realy 235
I have a 34 inch waist.
I would have to be 260 before I looked big, but at 6 feet 7 inches? wow you need to be 300 and have to work on your legs

I'm 6'2" and last time I got on stage I was 250ish and should have been a bit leaner maybe 245-240. I realy need to be 260 to do well regionally and over 300 to even think about nationals due to big bones and wide hips. I'm shooting for the moon this next year just be happy with winning a national qualifier

I'm 6'2ish and around 270lbs and if I'm not standing next to other people in a photo, it's hard to gauge how big I really am. Same thing with Gorilla, because he's by himself in that photo, I would never guess him 6'6 260 in that pic. I would listen to Queefer on this one, he's tall and knows what is required to compete.

I have never competed but know what your saying about being in a pic by yourself. If your 6ft 2 and above you have to have some serious weight. Even then you can still appeal much smaller. Whereas you can have guys who are 5ft 5 and 200 pounds and look huge in pics. You look good. I wish you all the best. How are your legs?

at my best I was 265 under 5% at 6'3 and I looked like a sting bean next to nat level guys...I figured I had to be at least 285 on stage to look like I belonged.

at my best I was 265 under 5% at 6'3 and I looked like a sting bean next to nat level guys...I figured I had to be at least 285 on stage to look like I belonged.

Bunch of sasquatches on this board. I am 5'6" & 240, I would imagine if you are a foot taller you would have to be damn near 300 to fill your frame out

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

I'm 6'2 contest weight 235 was to small this time but my avatar is from the last show sept 10 but yep 260 to kill your class at my height yours wow 285 man take about 3 years build up and go for it

Yeah Lex, I weighed in at 254lbs at the fri night weigh in, so I probably stepped on stage at 250. There were two guys in my class who were quite a bit thicker then me. The only reason I won was because of my conditioning and the fact that I didn't have an alien belly like they did. At that weight and at 6'2 I am still stringy and need another 20lbs to even be fairly competitve at a national level.

I've talked with Toney Freeman who is 6'2" and gets on stage in the 290's and he competes at Olympia , yet I see some guy in the 300 range and great conditioning at the national level and can't turn pro

I think this is where genetics plays a role , not so much in your muscle mass but your skeletal structure

I've talked with Toney Freeman who is 6'2" and gets on stage in the 290's and he competes at Olympia , yet I see some guy in the 300 range and great conditioning at the national level and can't turn pro

I think this is where genetics plays a role , not so much in your muscle mass but your skeletal structure

pics of this person?

Sean Allen comes to mind when you talk about tall national level competitors. Isn't he like 290lbs on stage? He is freaking ginormous, but he seems to have an on going problem with his conditioning. Plus, I think his legs hold him back. Couldn't imagine having to fill out legs on a 6'5 frame.

Sean Allen comes to mind when you talk about tall national level competitors. Isn't he like 290lbs on stage? He is freaking ginormous, but he seems to have an on going problem with his conditioning. Plus, I think his legs hold him back. Couldn't imagine having to fill out legs on a 6'5 frame.

its so hard to add width to my legs

6'7"...that is a big friggen frame to fill out dude. I agree with most on here that 285 - 300lbs would be a good starting point.

6'6.. and you want to be competitive at the national level... thats probably stepping on stage at close to 280-300, with sub 2% bodyfat..

Sometimes the shorter guys dont understand why us taller guys have to have a lower percentage of bodyfat...its due to the simple fact, ITS A PERCENTAGE. so the heavier you are, the more fat you can carry, and still have a low number.
I.E- someone at 3% and 200lbs, is only carrying 6lbs.... but if you were 300 at 3% your carrying 9lbs... thus your midsection will most likely look worse as its full of small detailed muscles...

I have not competed in a few years, but my last show I came in at about 225 and I am 6'1. I was small at that weight... at 6'1 I would need to be at least 270 for nationals.

Best of luck...it takes alot of time for us taller guys to fill out, but when you do, you will drawf a lee priest standing next to him... but thats if you can fill out and be symetrical at 6'6.

So you have never even competed before? I would focus on doing your first show before worrying about what it will take for you to be competitive on a national stage...first things first... :banghead:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member