YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

are there any taller guys on here that compete?

im 6'3 and competed at 215lbs last april. im doing SF show in 2 weeks and im at 232 now.
Yes i look small compearing to shorter guys but what can i do:)

My goal is to get to at least 250 or 260 on stage for next year...

Shit this is eye opening for me at 6'1, and I really don't want to do the "classic" no leg division but I'd like to compete and win a small local things one day.... but to clock 240 in show shape? Fuck. Maybe I can win minor local shows without that kind of weight...

Last edited:
**broken link removed**

this guy is allegedly 6'6", and is allegedly 300 lbs on stage. name is noah steere, and is standing next to art atwood.

At 6'2 and 240, this summer everybody asked and said I should compete. Always thought I needed to be bigger but if you have the right symetry and definition you"ll look bigger. It all becomes an ellusion.Looking to put on 10 solid, mostly in the legs + some back thickness by May, then may throw on that posing siut for the first time at 43

Remember Greg Kovacs? 400lbs off season and on this pics around 360. at 6'5

Attachments

• gregkovacs1997367pounds.jpg
    gregkovacs1997367pounds.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 340
About 290-300lbs... I read somewhere (It was an old school trainer, I think Vince Gironda) that as a rule of thumb it should be 200lbs at 6'0" and 15lbs for every inch taller and 10lbs for every inch shorter... But this was ideal and back then...

Later I heard to start at 5'-0" and 100lbs and do the same thing (add 10lbs for every inch under 6'-0" and 15lbs for every inch over 6'-0"), which seems a little more like it... Using the first method at 6'-6", you'd have to be 290lbs... To be honest, that would probably be good for a state level show winner...

To be competitive at the national level, I'd use the second scale which would be, 310lbs... There are many other factors though, as others have said the size of your waist, bf% and the size of your bones...

Just to keep it real with you, the liklihood of you filling out a 6'6 frame isn't very good. It's kinda like asking how to be a good division one basketball player if your 5'1.

At 6'2 and 240, this summer everybody asked and said I should compete. Always thought I needed to be bigger but if you have the right symetry and definition you"ll look bigger. It all becomes an ellusion.Looking to put on 10 solid, mostly in the legs + some back thickness by May, then may throw on that posing siut for the first time at 43

I want to see this 'illusion" you create with your symmetry standing next to 5 guys that are your same weight and a 5-6 inches shorter.

Just to keep it real with you, the liklihood of you filling out a 6'6 frame isn't very good. It's kinda like asking how to be a good division one basketball player if your 5'1.

i guess if i want to get into the ifbb ill have to go the mens figure route then

Well I am older so do only Master Nationals, etc now, but I am 6'2" and even in mid 230's onstage I looked too lean. I want to be 250 next time and drier.

Attachments

• backstage.jpg
    backstage.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 155
I actually fiind my height to be an advantage at the local level...

...Even in the Master's class, and I'm only 6'2", not all THAT tall. If you've ever seen that sad scene in "Pumping Iron" where Franco asserts that even though he's thicker, more dense, and more cut than Arnold, Arnold will still have the advantage because of his height, it is amazing how true that still is today. Jesus, and at <> 240, Arnold was the biggest guy on the stage in those days...Dorian changed everything, and there's no going back. To even place in the top 3 at an NPC Regionals competition, you'd better be carrying 250lb with a 30" waist and 6-7% BF.

Shit, you look great intenceman

I'm doing the Master's Regionals next year myself, and I'm panicking already because I only weight 239. I've seen some of the competition, and it is FIERCE.

My progress pic log **broken link removed**, I'll have some from today up later tonight...but I figure I need at least 15 more pounds before I start pre-contest training, I just thank God I've kept it at 9% this year so that I won't have such a diet hell when the time comes.

Well I am older so do only Master Nationals, etc now, but I am 6'2" and even in mid 230's onstage I looked too lean. I want to be 250 next time and drier.

i guess if i want to get into the ifbb ill have to go the mens figure route then

I actually think that would be a great start for you. You may do well, or maybe they'll say you have too much muscle and you'll know to switch to bodybuilding. I say go for it.

I'm doing the Master's Regionals next year myself, and I'm panicking already because I only weight 239. I've seen some of the competition, and it is FIERCE.

My progress pic log **broken link removed**, I'll have some from today up later tonight...but I figure I need at least 15 more pounds before I start pre-contest training, I just thank God I've kept it at 9% this year so that I won't have such a diet hell when the time comes.

Deleting

WTF?

I never have, and never will bad mouth the UG. It was my first home on the 'net, and the original membership from '97 - '99 shared more knowledge with me than I'll ever be able to thank them for -- It is a damned shame that any member at the new site doesn't have the couth to treat me the same way; much less stalk me to a different forum. You have a problem with me, take it up with me - via PM, where it belongs, or via my email address, which I've left Jello to give to friends and foes alike.

My handle is indelibly associated with the original UG to an extent the web won't ever be able to forget it. That board has my total and complete respect and loyalty, regardless of disagreements with any individual members.

I was not, however, from 1997 - 1999 (my tenure as a member and monitor at the original Cold Fusion site developed by CE) one to take gratuitious insults kindly, or to suffer fools gladly, and I'm even less inclined to do so today. I already have the respect of every person whose respect I feel is important to me, and as for those who disrespect me, I'd suggest a long, hard look in the mirror or a conversation via PM or email. I'm sure the administrators of Professional Muscle would prefer that as well.

And that's all I have to say about that.

I'm almost 6'1" and just competed my first time in the super heavy class at 225.4. my conditioning wasn't perfect, but I won my class (state level show). Got my A$$ handed to me in the overall though ... just looked more like a dam swimmer than a bb'er. To even look halfway presentable at national level, I'd have to be ripped and dry at 250 or better, Aint happening for me, but I'm having fun, hope to go in 235 next time

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws