advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Are they giving out pro cards easier now?

PumpinIron

Registered
My trainer who is also a former USA competitor (among other competitions) told me today when we were training that they have started to give out IFBB pro cards at the junior national level now, is this true?

He said all you had to do was place first or second in your class (not overall) and you'd get a pro card.

I found that hard to believe but maybe he's right. If that's the case I assume they're doing this for money, no? I'd also assume we'll be seeing a lot more IFBB pros around if that's the case.

The gym I workout at has numerous females who are all IFBB pros. I was talking to him and mentioning that it seems like it's 10 times easier for a female to get a pro card than for a male to get one. Maybe I'm wrong about that to?

He told me it was for bodybuilding, maybe he was misinformed.

the jr USA was giving them out to everyone but bbrs, and jr national was also giving out pro cards to everyone but the bbrs.

Well....there are less high quality physiques than there used to be. so someone still has to get pro cards.

People need to remember that the most important thing in bodybuilding is a small waist and insane conditioning. Most "bodybuilders" today are just obsessed with how much they weigh.

Well....there are less high quality physiques than there used to be. so someone still has to get pro cards.

People need to remember that the most important thing in bodybuilding is a small waist and insane conditioning. Most "bodybuilders" today are just obsessed with how much they weigh.

for sure thats true :rolleyes:
If anything there are more physiques that match what used to be "high quality physiques" thus making the playing field harder to judge. The next obvious step would be if there all conditioned size will take it. Have you compared the physiques of top Olympians now days, not just heavy weights but all classes, and compared them to those your speaking about in the past?
Were much further ahead scientifically both in training and nutrition so yes you are more likely to see bigger bodybuilders on stage. if you dont like that start following mens physique.

I don't think there is a single IFBB pro that got their card "easily".

I don't think there is a single IFBB pro that got their card "easily".

Actually, I'd say the bantamweight fellas have it easy. There's some pretty awful looking guys that get cards in that weight class. So.. maybe just them.

Actually, I'd say the bantamweight fellas have it easy. There's some pretty awful looking guys that get cards in that weight class. So.. maybe just them.

There's always an exception to every rule:D

The current system is bullshit.

Compared to the past, yes. It IS easier.

Now, you can be a Pro without having ever won anything.

Ever.

EVER.

Top 2 at a National Qualifier qualify for Nationals/USA. Now, top 2 in weight class get a Pro Card.

The fact that one can, in fact, turn Pro without being a winner would be laughable if it weren't so damn sad.

They're supposed to be the best of the best. Secon place being awarded a Pro Card is a goddam joke.

The only thing more laughable is the proliferation of Hooters waitresses & model wannabes in board shorts that are now clogging up shows.

Originally Nationals was the only contest weight classes could earn pro cards; USA and North America only the over all winner turned pro. This was long ago before bikini, and other physique classes.

We need to remember how much $ is being generated for the NPC with the addition of new classes and multiple PRO cards being given out....back in the early nineties I promoted a small local BB contest and at that time there was only 250 registered NPC members in the state of Oregon. I can't even imagine what it is now....probably 5 times that at a $100 dollars a card per year. Give opportunities to earn a PRO card keeps the carrot obtainable and a lot of money rolling into the head office.

If one can't WIN, they don't deserve to walk a pro stage.

"Opportunities" and "obtainable" are just more bullets in the PC gun that our society is using to kill the accomplishments of the truly outstanding.

Bodybuilding isn't Little League, and score should be kept.

Last edited:
If anyone believes it is now easy by all means please go get you a pro card...the competition is still crazy at the top level....I would encourage anyone that hasn't please go watch a pro qualifier

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131