over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Are veggie powders worth using?

Cv215

Registered
Newbies
Anyone ever use those superfoods powders? They're like a ground up mixture of 60 different fruits, vegetables, algaes from alien planets alongside a bunch of shit most of us have never heard of before.

The idea of it sounds very beneficial in terms of antioxidant support. I already get at least 3-5 servings of fruits and vegetables, however, those powders just seem like they cover such a huge spectrum of herbal magnificence.

Are they really worth using, though? Most of them don't actually break down how much of each goes into it simply because there's SO much stuff. I have trouble telling whether the overall total is even worth a shit or how it compares to just eating like a half cup of mixed veggies.

I've used many of them. The one i use right now is actually sold at Walmart :( Its like 14.95 for 20 servings.
Click here to see what I'm talking about

Idk I'm just trying to determine if anything of this stuff is worth a shit. I see myself developing a pretty extensive supplement list in an attempt to optimize my health and damage control. I have to draw the line somewhere.

Im currently using, Qunol ubiquinol, Qunol Turneric, carditone, 5g fish oil, prostate formula, NAC, D3, magnesium, potassium, baby aspirin.. And a couple servings a day of super foods powder.

Anyways, its just not something i see mentioned basically ever so i wanted to see if you guys believe in this stuff or use it yourselves.

I think in some ways they are better than veggies. Of course dependent on the product you use. But think about it...you get the benefits of a variety of vegetables, greens, fruits all in a easy digesting powder.

To get the nutrients some of the shakes have from broccoli and spinach...would just cause gastrointestinal issues.

I add a fiber powder to my greens drink. My justification for making it like a veggie lol

Green Vibrance has always seemed like a beast of a product.

On a more affordable level regarding what has caught my eye, 1st Phorm has a greens and also a reds powder and project AD has Grazed.

On a more affordable level regarding what has caught my eye, 1st Phorm has a greens and also a reds powder and project AD has Grazed.
I started using Green Vibrance a few weeks ago. The ingredient profile is one of the better ones that I have come across. It’s a little pricey but I buy it from Vitamin Shoppe when they have sales.
12004F2A-7F49-4108-B075-3ADE6A61F930.jpeg

Im going to check some of these labels out, thank you!

My go to

Attachments

• cyto label.png
    cyto label.png
    152.1 KB · Views: 21
  • cytogreens.jpg
    cytogreens.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 20
Not fan, processing destroy beneficial nutrients

Nutrients can be destroyed but I have personally noticed a big benefit from most of the green powders I have used. Obviously it will depend upon what product you choose and it's specific ingredients and quality. I usually notice a boost in energy/vitality, digestion and "regularity". The last 2 products I have used were...

Paradise Herbs ORAC-Energy Greens
Amazing Grass Raw Reserve Ultra Premium Greens

There are loads of great products but the 2 above are well dosed and have done me well. A few others worth mentioning...

Glaxon Super Greens
Inspired Greens
Ghost Greens
Superhuman Greens

In terms of single vegetables powders, wheat grass juice powder or barley grass juice power is hard to beat, particularly those that have been processed in a way that keeps the naturally occurring enzymes intact.

It is important to use a enzyme-intact "juice" powder, rather than dried and ground sprouts (which may companies use). There is no comparison between the two. The enzyme-intact juice powders are MUCH more potent, as they are made by first juicing the sprouts, then evaporating all the water out of the juice before bottling...while using a process that does not destroy the enzymes or denature other beneficial constituents. Just a single teaspoon of wheat grass juice powder is equal to about 8 ounces of actual wheat grass juice...and it requires about 1 pound of wheat grass to get 1 ounce of wheat grass juice. This means that 1 teaspoon of wheat grass powder is the equivalent of roughly 8 pounds of actual wheat grass. I could be off a bit on my numbers here, but it's pretty close.

I think the juice powders (both vegetables/sprouts and fruits) are amazing supplements that everyone should be using (if financially feasible), especially with modern day diets.

Mike, are a there a few brands you'd recommend?

My food intake just went wayyy up and a long diet. I was killing a good amount of veggies in every meal and now barely can get down my chicken and rice. Have never really supplemented with a greens powder but its something I'm interested in.

In terms of single vegetables powders, wheat grass juice powder or barley grass juice power is hard to beat, particularly those that have been processed in a way that keeps the naturally occurring enzymes intact.

It is important to use a enzyme-intact "juice" powder, rather than dried and ground sprouts (which may companies use). There is no comparison between the two. The enzyme-intact juice powders are MUCH more potent, as they are made by first juicing the sprouts, then evaporating all the water out of the juice before bottling...while using a process that does not destroy the enzymes or denature other beneficial constituents. Just a single teaspoon of wheat grass juice powder is equal to about 8 ounces of actual wheat grass juice...and it requires about 1 pound of wheat grass to get 1 ounce of wheat grass juice. This means that 1 teaspoon of wheat grass powder is the equivalent of roughly 8 pounds of actual wheat grass. I could be off a bit on my numbers here, but it's pretty close.

I think the juice powders (both vegetables/sprouts and fruits) are amazing supplements that everyone should be using (if financially feasible), especially with modern day diets.

As I think the minimum amount per day for fruits and veggies is around 5 servings. And I usually get more then that as more nutrition con't be a bad thing the way I think. Processing pretty much always destroys nutrition. If some one is unwilling to eat fresh or lightly cooked produce then a processed product may be a good choice.

Supplement Needs has a green powder coming out designed by Dr Dean St Mart, if i was to use one, id trust that before any other.

I have no product recommendations just practical advice. There are many benefits to these powders and drinks but be aware of what products contain research based compounds vs. ones that are marketing what is popular in the here and now.

I'd also like to know which ones you recommend that have the enzyme-intact powder.

I have used Paradise Herbs ORAC-Energy Greens for years and do think it helps in overall health but it can get expensive.

I just switched over to using True Nutrition's Super Greens as mentioned in the previous post as it is more economical and I trust the quality of Dante's products.

Also has anyone tasted one that actually was delicious. Prime Nutrition(the shamed) had that one sweetened with monk fruit that might have been the best supplement I ever tasted period. Unfortunately with their reputation and their manufacturer's reputation I may have been drinking straight HFCS.

It was called Phytoform.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner